Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Existing Spotify Account

Actually, @RogersMaude, I did get a follow up from @CommunityHelps and eventually it was referred to the back office (for the third time). There was some follow up from them but they haven't fixed it and they've stopped bothering to try (or follow up). In the meantime, they've blanked out my MyRogers profile completely so it's unusable.

I'm not interested in wasting more of my time with yet another suite of Rogers reps who aren't helpful. I want whomever has been working on this to follow up with me via email with a proper status report as to what's going on, when this will be fixed, and how Rogers intends to make up for the manner in which I've been treated. 

I've Been Around

So after reading all the messages here it seems like the concern for the majority of the people is that they're signed up with a premium membership from before their Rogers perks registration. Most of the people here followed the steps on the activation page for Rogers-paid Spotify premium and upon going back to the Spotify account info page, did not see that their subsciption is not updated. From my understanding is that Spotify needs to run out its existing membership in order for Rogers to come in and pay for it. So for everyone complaining here, who has actually waited until the existing membership expired and saw that Rogers still has not paid for renewal? 

Edit: I am in the process of doing the same thing, I have cancelled my Spotify account today and it expires the 30th of Oct (2015). Hopefully it auto activates on Oct 31with the Rogers sub kicking in.

I Plan to Stick Around

Me. I'm now on Spotify Free and Rogers continues to claim to be working on fixing it.. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I had an existing Spotify Premium subscription that was to renew October 5th, but had signed up for the Share Everything + plan mid-September and selected Spotify as the experience.

I followed the instructions to cancel that subscription as directed by Rogers and my Spotify account indicated that my Premium subscription would end on Oct. 5th, with no mention of Rogers at all.  Today, when I checked back with Spotify, it now says that I have a Premium account and "Your subscription is associated with our partner Rogers, please refer to Rogers for questions regarding your subscription." 

...so it looks like everything has worked fine in behind the scenes.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi jnardari, RogersMaude and others on here,

I can gladly confirm that today, when my personally paid for premium subscription with Spotify ended, I now have the exact same wording re: my Spotify subscription status:  "Your subscription is associated with our partner Rogers, please refer to Rogers for questions regarding your subscription." This is GREAT news that the account did roll over from me personally to Rogers.

Rogers/Spotify should really replace the wording for existing Premium account subscribers to something different than 'Premium subscription will end on xx-xx-xx' once they enroll as part of the Rogers plan. It would be great if the two messages were combined something like: "Your current Premium subscription will end on xx-xx-xx and after such date your subscription will be associated with our partner Rogers." Or, at a minimum, include exactly what will happen in the instructions Rogers provides to existing Spotify premium subscribers so that they can anticipate what will happen versus wondering about their status.

Thank you @TheLoc and @jnardari!

We appreciate that you took the time to update the Community on the outcome.

Although we understand the confusion that the previous message may have caused, we are glad that you were able to confirm that the transition was completed and it did not cause further inconveniences.

Take care and have a great day!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Out of the 3 accounts I setup for Spotify, 2 of them, that we were paying for Premium on our own, once they reverted to free it took only a couple of hours for Rogers to take over the subscription. However, the 3rd account, my daughter's, which we were also paying Premium for, never got taken over by Rogers once the Premium subscription ended and reverted to free. I called and chatted with tech support last week and have had no answer back yet Smiley Sad

Anyone had the same issue and got theirs fixed? We're all under the Share Everything Plan + too.

Thank you!

I've Been Around

I did the opposite order, I tried to link through rogers, then unsubscribed from Spotify. On my page, the spotify option is still selected, clicking on the "listen" button brings me to the app download page for Spotify. I have no link connect my existing spotify account to my rogers account. Am I missing something?
I Plan to Stick Around

So, I am about to give it a try, but sounds like a leap of faith. I wouldn't want my Spotify profile to vanish, neither fall in the void between Rogers and Spotify (ahm... no-mans-land). 

I read all the 68 posts here... Can someone confirm a procedure including all prerequisites, traps, fallouts? Let me help by writing what I understood, please correct me if not correct.

1) PREREQUISITE: Your My Rogers and Spotify accounts emails must match

2) PREREQUISITE: Your Spotify account must NOT be Premium. Meaning that you have to step down to a Spotify Free subscription and make sure to verify this status prior to associate the account in MyRogers. (Must I wait until the end of the period/month? )  Spotify also just confirmed me this, so that "I won't get charged on two accounts".

3) Once logged in in MyRogers, perform the account association by choosing the Spotify "experience" (right word! haha)

4) Wait. Make a tea. Hope. (until when?)

5) Check the account status in Spotify; should be marked "Rogers acount..." (or something).

Go? ...

I Plan to Stick Around

I confirmed these steps with Spotify. I mentionned what I was about to do with Rogers, so they canceled my subscribtion for me. Here is their answer:

"

Thanks a million for getting back to us with those details. We really appreciate it.

Just dropping by to let you know that we've just cancelled your subscription for you. You'll remain on Premium until the end of your current billing cycle. Then, after that, your account will revert back to the Free service.
Once your account reverts back to the Free service, please contact Rogers so they can activate Premium to your account Smiley Happy
That should do the trick! If you have other questions or concerns, we're just an email away!
Have a great day,
John
Spotify Customer Support

"

So I understand the process should be:

1) Cancel your Spotify Premium -subscription- (not your account) and wait the end of your current billing cycle. Your subscription then reverts back to Free Service but is not deleted.

2) Make sure you MyRogers emails matches the one you're using for Spotify.

3) Once logged in in MyRogers, perform the account association by choosing the Spotify "experience".

4) Wait a little while (until?).

5) Check the account status in Spotify; should be marked "Rogers account..."

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM