Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Existing Spotify Account

@francisranger wrote:

I've just recently registered to a free 24 month of Spotity premium but with a wrong spotify account (an old one) !

What is the best way to resync my Spotify premium account to an another one ? 

Thx

Simply switch to another experience (shomi or next issue) and switch back. That should do it.

Remember you have to at least agree to the terms, but you don't have to go through the signup process with shomi or next issue. Once you agree to it, your Spotify account is unlinked. You can link again when you switch back.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersMaude,

Thanks for jumping in on the responst. That said, I, like others in the forum have not experienced a smooth transition. I too am an existing Spotify Premium customer and it would appear that Rogers, in their partnership with Spotify on this endeavour did not think through/test how the process would work in the real world. I followed your steps exactly going through my 'MyRogers' account and after selecting Spotify premium and signing into my Spotify account through the Rogers website, I was then taken to a page that indicated I have two additional steps. The first being to cancel my current subscription (which I did) and then to log back in. This all worked, however, when I then revisit Spotify.com and check out my account status, it doesn't recognize the fact that I am part of this Rogers 24 month promotion and my account status indicates "Your Premium subscription will end on 10-06-2015. Clearly this would not be how the 'Rogers experience' was intended to integrate with Spotify. I was skeptical at first, yet hopeful that the process would have been tried and tested by Rogers, however, in the end, I was not surprised by the lack of integration. I would be amazed that Rogers didn't think this through enough to cater to existing Spotify subscribers? Or is it more the fact that they are more interested in getting new Spotify users through Rogers such that these new users now need to increase their data plan with Rogers which means more $$'s to Rogers and less emphasis was placed in trying to do a walkthrough of the process for those of us with existing Premium subscriptions? 

I've Been Around

Trying to cancel my exisiting Spotify Premuim account in favour of the 2-year free service... but after logging into Spotify I'm asked to re-enter and confirm my Spotify password. When I re-enter my Spotify password I'm told my password is incorrect. But how can it be incorrect if I'm already in a logged-in state within Spotify?!?

So I'm not able to complete the cancellation of my exisiting Spotify Premium subscription.

Can someone please advise on how to complete my cancellation??

Good day @TheLoc,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you did not experienced a smooth transition from your paid Spotify subscription to the Experience selection.

We do appreciate that you took the time to share your concerns with us. We want you to know that we always try to adapt, following the feedback received from our customers. This allows us to take the necessary measures to enhance the experience of other customers going through the same process in the future.

I understand your worries regarding the data usage. To stream an hour of music from Spotify Premium, it will use approximately 50 MB of data. We offer you tools to keep track of your usage in real time in order to prevent over usage. You can still use Spotify while on Wi-Fi, to prevent using the data from your plan's monthly data bucket.

In your case, since you were previously using Spotify, it should not impact your usage but will most likely only make you save money on your subscription! Smiley Wink

Good afternoon @wkreitzer,

Welcome to the Forums and Thank you for your post!

I am sorry for any issues you are having with your Spotify subscription. 

Have you tried to contact them directly?

Are you still experiencing the issue at this time?

Let us know as we would have the ability to reach out to you in PM via CommunityHelps. 

Regards,

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersMaude,

Thank you for the response. My goal was, however, to seek a solution versus an acknowledgment that there was a problem. Clearly there are a number of people on here with a similar problem and I would think that this would be investigated by Rogers and a solution provided. You had listed a set of steps that have not worked for a number of peple the way you have laid them out. My concern about the data usage was more of an 'aside' to the real issue and not something that I was needing a response on. 

As an update I sent Spotify a similar email and inquired as to why my subscription with them shows that my Premium subscription will expire, given that I have successfully signed up with Rogers (my MyRogers account shows me as signed up with Spotify) as I followed your instructions in your previoius post on here. Their response was that they can't see any records that my account had the Premium code from Rogers. Accordingly, selecing Spotify as my experience via MyRogers and logging on to Spotify and then cancelling the subscription with Spotify using the exact steps you outlined and then signing in again to Spotify via MyRogers are not the entirety of steps required. My goal is to find out what to do now!!!!

Hoping your next message will address the issue versue merely acknowleding the same. 

Thank you for your post @TheLoc!

I wish I had the ability to provide you with the confirmation that the issue has been resolved.

I can certainly assure you that we have taken notes of your feedback, and are sorry for the confusion.

In your post from yesterday, you indicated : " I followed your steps exactly going through my 'MyRogers' account and after selecting Spotify premium and signing into my Spotify account through the Rogers website, I was then taken to a page that indicated I have two additional steps. The first being to cancel my current subscription (which I did) and then to log back in. This all worked, [...]".

I am therefore optimistic that everything should be functional once your paid subscription expires.

Let us know if you require further assistance on Tuesday, we would be glad to assist you, if required.

Sincerely,

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

Just chiming in to post an update to my situation.

Signed up on a share everything+ plan around september 21th. I already had a spotify premium account at that time. I canceled the subscription and it was supposed to expire on october 1st. I did the handshake for spotify on the 21th on the same day I signed up.

On the spotify page, it always said that my premium subscription would expire on october 1st. Yesterday it did expires and I was not premium anymore. I didn't have time to check that yesterday but this morning I logged in and noticed "Your subscription is associated with our partner Rogers, please refer to Rogers for questions regarding your subscription.", it worked!

TL;DR, Canceled my premium subscription, did the handshake on my rogers page and the day after the expiration date, I was back a premium member on Spotify. Worked like a charm (I consider myself lucky reading all these posts here).

Great feedback @loginatnine!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with the Community Smiley Wink

I am sure this update will help a lot of other users.

Glad you are enjoying Spotify Premium on us! Smiley LOL

Take care -

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously, @RogersMaude "I am sure this update will help a lot of other users"?

The bottom line is that Spotify Premium isn't working for large numbers of your customers and Rogers has no idea how to fix the issue and frankly, doesn't seem to care at all. 

Highlighted

Good day @MikeViz,

I am very sorry for the confusion. Smiley Frustrated

The comment above was for the issue pertaining to the expiry of the existing subscription versus the registration to the new experience.

I apologize that the issue has not yet been resolved, in your case. 

I will reach out to you again, from @CommunityHelps, via Private Message.

Keep an eye on your Community Forums Inbox ! We look forward to assist you Smiley Wink

RogersMaude