Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Existing Spotify Account

Im thinking of revising my plan, and noticed spotify is an option for 24 months free... How does this work if i have an existing premium spotify account? do i have to cancel that in order to take advantage of this offer, i can imagine some sort of conflict.

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Existing Spotify Account

@Dsburfitt
There will be a conflict yes. It will override your current subscription.
Let me find out if that is to your benefit or not.
Give me 10 mins or so :]
Rogers Employee

Update: Okay, that was easy enough to find.
It will override your paid subscription.
It will go into the Expereience Version (which is part of the plan) and after that / end of the 24 month. It will move to Free version unless you have a subscription pending in spotify account. (The last part is solely to do with how you set it up after)

Edit: Other option is, to chose another experience (Shomi or Next Issue), and let your preimuim spotify version stay as it is but I presume, you want to save money on paying for spotify. So above mentioned would be what would happen.

Your subscription (paid) will end and be overwritten with Rogers Expereince. You can use the same acccount and log in. No need for duplicates.

Hope this helps @Dsburfitt

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for looking in to it! Much appreciated!

Rogers Employee

You're welcome (I also edited above for more info)

Cheers.

Good day @Dsburfitt & @ShakTiburon!

I simply wanted to clarify the information provided above.

If you currently subscribe to Spotify outside of Rogers, your MyRogers account will not reflect this.

However, once you log into your Spotify account, you will be informed to cancel your paid Spotify account in order to take advantage of the promotion.

If you are already paying for Spotify Premium separately, you can still add it to your plan for free; there are just a couple steps you need to take.

To start, you would need to sign into your MyRogers account on Rogers.com or through the MyRogers mobile app.

They you need to Select Spotify Premium as your experience, and then sign into your Spotify account – all of this happens with MyRogers.

Once signed in, if you have a Spotify Premium paid subscription, you will need to cancel it in order to have Spotify Premium applied as a free experience on your plan.

I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page here Smiley Wink

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

RogersMaude

Rogers Employee

Thanks @RogersMaude for the clarification.

As far as reading on FAQs under Spotify page and reviewing documentation, it wasn't clear on the paid subscription.

Woot woot!

Edit:

@RogersMaude does @Dsburfitt need to cancel it first at Spotify then go through the experience set up? or go does the option to cancel the paid subscription occur during the Experience Set up?

Also;

I found how to cancel paid subscription on through Spotify website: Spotify

I'm a Trusted Contributor

OK ... I know nothing about this stuff So I learn by what I read here  . For me leaving this thread like this is very confusing ...From what I can understand from what I read here... I see Shak Tib  saying one thing and Maude  saying something  else yet  Shak Tibs   post is marked as the solution . 

Is that really the way you want to leave this for people to browse If Maude has provided the correct answer?

Rogers Employee

@barndoor - any forums, regardless of what the topic is about, is soley based on discussion; you will see few different users mentioning different things. It's the nature of how forums, message boards work.

I provided an answer to what I know, Maude stated an answer as well, which clarified the answer. Then I asked her a question myself...
Which part is confusing?

Maude provided the clear picture of it, and the correct answer. The OP marked my post as solution before Maude answered. My answer isn't fully incorrect - Maude clarified how the premium paid version gets cancelled.

o__o' hope this helps
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ahhh ,  Thank you  for the clarification. In the past I have assumed that when a  post was marked as the solution it was correct and  didn't bother reading much of the discussion to save time  but  apparently that is not the case  and one must read it all and still assess the accuracy  of the answers  given .

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM