Cancelling a spotify subscription

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Cancelling a spotify subscription

I have the same exact issue, Rogers customers service told me to contact Spotify and Spotify told me to contact Rogers.

What a nightmare!!!!

Hey @jacefoil,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Wink

Thank you for your post, I am sure a lot of users are wondering the same thing.

Keeping in mind that our customers may not remember to cancel their included experience subscription, after benefiting from it for an extended period of time, we've made it simpler!

You do not have to manually cancel the subscription to Spotify Premium, if you do not want to get billed, once the 24 months expire.

I am sorry you were not provided with this information and it resulted in a poor customer experience.

For a lot of customers who initially signed up, the 2-year subscription for Spotify Premium is expired or coming to an end. Unlike the 6 months promotion, where you would automatically be enrolled/charged for a paid subscription (unless you opt out), it is not the case for the 24 month original offer.

If your Spotify Premium 2 year included experience is terminated, your access stops and your account status changes to Spotify Free.

You can still login with your same Spotify ID and your playlists and settings remain the same. However, you lose access to Premium’s unique features such as Offline Mode. You can buy Spotify Premium later and you’ll get those features back.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

No options available to cancel Spotify 6 month premium I called in twice to customer service waiting 20 min each time. Only for the rep to tell me to cancel myself through the app. No cancellation option available. Do not charge me for Spotify premium subscription it expires Sept 27 th 2017.
I've Been Here Awhile

Can Rogers simplyfy this by putting an opt out button?
I've Been Here Awhile

The third agent on your chat finally told me that... How is it possible that such a simple information is so difficult to get?

Hello @Hybrideangel,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I'm surprised that you want to cancel your Spotify subscription, I understand the added cost is a turn-off but it's an awesome feature that I use daily!

Cancelling the subscription is not actually done within the Spotify App please follow the steps outlined below to cancel your subscription before the expiration date to avoid being charged for an additional month.

1.) Sign into www.rogers.com
2.) Click on MyRogers near the top center of the screen
3.) About halfway down the page you'll see "What You Have"
4.) Spotify should be listed select "Manage"
5.) There should be an option to "Unsubscribe" from this menu

I hope this helps!

Regards,

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

That's the problem
There is no unsubscribe button anywhere
This is a big problem
I wish to go back to my free Spotify without losing the songs I already have and not be charged
I've Been Here Awhile

This is fron Spotify below.

I have already gone through the AppStore etc. This is a Rogers problem please let me know when fixed
Without changing anything else on my plan.
Much appreciated.

Cancel

You can cancel your subscription any time. No hard feelings Smiley Happy

This will revert your account to our Free ad-based service after any remaining Premium time runs out.

Check how to cancel according to the type of subscription you have:

SUBSCRIBED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE

Click Subscription in the menu on the left.
Click CHANGE OR CANCEL.
Click CANCEL PREMIUM.
Click YES, CANCEL.
Note: Your account page now shows the date you’ll return to the Free service. We hope you decide to upgrade again!
You can also cancel by completing this form and sending it to Spotify.

SUBSCRIBED THROUGH ITUNES

Please see Apple's instructions for canceling.

SUBSCRIBED THROUGH YOUR BROADBAND PROVIDER OR OTHER SERVICES

Spotify is not able to help you cancel your subscription if you’re subscribed through your broadband provider or other services since they manage your subscription and payments. Please contact the provider.

If you’re unsure about who manages your subscription, follow these steps:

Click Subscription in the menu on the left. There you can see who manages your subscription.
Contact that company to change any billing details or cancel.
CANCELED BUT STILL BEING CHARGED?

It's possible you have Premium on another account. Check out our guide to find any other accounts.

Hello @Hybrideangel,

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look and try to get the subscription canceled from our end before you end up being charged.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

I've Been Around

Hello..when I follow the instructions to cancel spotify it does not give the option to cancel anywhere...does this mean it will automatically cancel on it's own?  My only options are to listen, you have this (blue button) and Learn more (grey button)

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats