Blackouts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Blackouts

@lance_bennison What I do. I use a VPN program like Betternet. It's free and I use it on my computer and iPhone.
I'm Here A Lot

@DSgamby

Ya, I was thinking about going that route.  But my father (who is technologically impaired) uses GCL more than I do, so the access has to be simple and seamless. 

Again, thats why I loved last years gamecenter.  I showed him how to access GCL on Xbox 360 and he watched almost every single Canucks game.

Pernsonally I'd prefer a DNS router instead of a VPN, that way your speed doesnt get hammered.  Quality DNS routers cost money though (of course).  I'm not famliar with betternet, but Ill look into it.  thanks!

I'm Here A Lot

I want to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one with blackout issues. I have already posted a few pages ago and I'm not going to repeat what I said, but usually out of 10 average games per night that are playing I can only watch 1 on my PC. I can only access all games if I use my android app but I can't cast it to my android tv because it will say it's either a home game or away game, but it'll be a blackout anyhow.

For the person that said that GCL never meant for home games, well guess what! Last year I lived in the Toronto region and I was able to watch EVERY single game.

This year I live in the Atlantic Canada so my services changed completely, new account and everything and up until the new nhl.tv website I was still able to watch everything. Now I cannot watch Leafs games at all on my PC due to blackouts, which are obviously not home games for me.
Same thing goes for any other western or US team or even my habs or sens region.

I have tried to contact Rogers several times about it and they are aware of the problem; however they cannot do anything about it. Some techs even blame me browser which doesn't even make sense.

Ultimately this is not Rogers fault but Rogers customers are unable to use it, resulting in GCL being completely useless.

Waste of product at the moment, period. Rendering it absolutely useless.
I Plan to Stick Around

@lance_bennison   With Betternet, you can have it connected before he goes onto the internet.  

I'm Here A Lot

Just wanted to provide an update for the ones that gave up on GameCentre. It seems that the issue has been solved! I am able to watch all out of market games now.

Even though Rogers keeps saying that nothing has changed from the previous site to the new upgrade, it did change, in the way that I am unable to watch in market games. I realize that the whole purpose of GameCentre LIve is to watch out of market games and that is fine, but this new update "enforced" this. WHich is fine and I am not complaining.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am watching games now also.
Seems to be working just fine. I can now watch in market games also, so now I do not know why but it is excepted, thanks for the update Rogers.
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @

I've Been Around

I just got a band new phone today and went from Bell to Rogers almost entirely because of Gamecenter Live. I do not own a TV so watching on my iPhone or desktop are the ways I watch hockey. So I just sat down and logged in, excited to watch my Habs (albeit if they are out of playoffs) and I get told that it is blacked out? I live in Gatineau, QC, which is across from Ottawa.  Why are Habs games blacked out? Please tell me there is a workaround for this. Even watching in French is fine. But if not, I am very disappointed already.

I Plan to Stick Around

As mentioned many times before. Gamecentre Live is for out of region games . The whole province of Quebec is in the Habs region. If your TV provider has Sportsnet's app as part of the watchtveverywhere program.

If you don't. You can use a VPN program to watch the game on Gamecentre Live.

I'm Here A Lot

Unforuantely, the issue is back! I cannot watch any games at all once again! This is getting ridiclous!!

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM