Blackouts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Blackouts

What I did last year was pay 4.99 a month for a Von service. Paid about 100$ US and used the Von service to put my location in an area of the USA where there was no hockey teams and I watched every game, nothing was blacked out. I wanted to save the 100$ this year but now after the blackouts and frustration to get things going I am thinking about going back to the Vpn service.
One thing that you can do is Goto a streaming service that shows all sports games. The quality isn't perfect but the sound is good and you can watch all games.
I Plan to Stick Around

VPN not Von
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, doing this through my phone. I stream from my phone so I turn the WiFi off on my cell, open the GCL app on my phone and connect through my service provider, Rogers. Once the game is loaded I turn my WiFi back on.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya, since the update, my PC and PS4 get blackouts of the Leafs game (I'm in Embrun, 25 mins east of Ottawa).  Yet I get the Sens game, on my phone though, it's the other way around.  Not sure what's going on, but I think they have a lot of kinks to work out.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have not been able to watch an game since the upgrade. Either on my Roku or my PC. Always get the blackuout message. 

I Plan to Stick Around

That was a VPN for 4.99 per month and about 100$ US for the GCL season ... but i think with the internet included free GCL one just needs the VPN service to watch 100% of the games.   

its a shame one needs to resort to these measurse just to watch a game.

I've Been Here Awhile

Ever since the recent 'update', I've been lucky if I can even get one game that isn't inexplicably 'blacked out' on my PC.  Prior to the update, the only games I would miss due to blackout would be certain Toronto Maple Leaf games, since my area (Paris/Brantford) is considered 'Maple Leaf territory'.

The day of the update, I did livechat with a Rogers rep to report the issue, and they essentially acknowledged that they were having all sorts of reported issues with the service.  I was assured that the issues were being worked on though, but there was no website or anything we could go to in order to check on the status.

Is there a status update on the widespread 'blackouts' that seem to be the norm post-upgrade?  If this is something that can't/won't be fixed, that will definitely have a huge impact on whether I continue on with the service in the future.

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to watch the Montreal game from Toronto tonight, so it may have been resolved. The stream does stop to buffer on my Roku. And just stops on the iPad. Both devices on WiFi, 5Ghz, less than 10 feet away from the access point.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am also having a problem with blackouts that NEVER occurred before the update. Tried to resolve with live chat twice and they disconnected me both times as soon as I mentioned the new update..... Coincidence?

I'm Here A Lot

I am glad that I am not the only one. Ever since the new 'update', I basically cannot watch any game. The only games that I am able to watch are canadian feeds and that is if they are not within my region (i.e. I live in the Atlantic region so my region are sens and habs games).

At this moment there are 7 games that are going on and I am only able to watch ONE!! That is the Calgary vs. Arizona game, and the only feed that I am able to watch is the Canadian feed (I believe its being played on the SportsNet channel).

I only use 2 devices to watch games and it is my PC and my android phone. I CAN watch these games on my android but not in my PC, there is an obvious issue and it is driivng me nuts. I was on the phone with Rogers Support last week for 1.5 hrs and I was basically told that it should work and it is my issue and there is nothing they can do.

The only ways they told me to fix it is to clear cache and use Chrome only, not IE or firefox. To me that does not MAKE SENSE at all, if it does not allow me to watch it it is not a browser related issue but ROGERS!!! The only reason I am with Rogers is because I have services that provide me with free NHL Centreice LIve, and if this issue is not fixed next year well there is no point for me in staying.

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM