Blackouts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Blackouts

Just wanted to add, there is no Sportsnet OL to choose from in the Sportsnet app.  It's SNOL.

I Plan to Stick Around

Good thing GCL comes with my wireless package. Lol, paying for a useless product that blackouts over half of the games.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello @caboose187

View information on game availability here. Do you have Rogers Cable TV services?

Also blackouts exist due to NHL broadcast regulations in order to protect the financial interests of the NHL’s local broadcast partners that purchase the rights to Regional NHL in-market games from individual NHL teams in their local territories

Blackouts only apply to live games, replays are available to all subscribers within 48 hours of the live broadcast

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

Trying to connect my Telus account to Gamecentre, but in the app for both the iPhone and iPad Telus isn't listed (just Videotron), and doing it on a PC through the website it doesn't do anything after I input my Telus account credentials. Can this be fixed please?

Hello, @Dos101

Thank you for your post. I just checked the app on iPhone 6S and I see Videotron and Optik, which should be Telus per support website;

The current list of participating TV providers is:

• Rogers
  • Telus Optik
  • Vidéotron (currently only available for TVA Sports channels)

Ideally when you input your Telus credentials for the blackout game and you are subscribed to that TV channel it should lift off the blackout for you. If it is not happening please contact your provider, thank you.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

Yet they advertise watch your team anywhere. False advertising. Garbage company, garbage product, garbage service, garbage support
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

@Dflash It does indicate when you sign up for the service that blackouts may apply on certain games. Those blackouts are enforced by the NHL, not by ROGERS. GameCenter Live is actually a really good product (at least if you like hockey) but these blackouts are not something that can be avoided.

I Plan to Stick Around

As a long-time Sabres fan and Rogers customer living in Kitchener, ON, I don't understand why the Sabres games are now blacked out in my area. Is  this because Bell broadcasts the games in Southern Ontario? 

The message I see is that the game is not available because it is being broadcast locally - this has just started happening the last week or so. Previously, I had no issues viewing Sabres games. 

I have no issues watching Leafs, Senators, or even Canadiens games on Centre Ice that are also  being broadcast on Rogers TV.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@kanatablues

Sounds odd. Was this the Sabres vs Lightning game?

Have you checked out the Game Availability/Blackout rules here: https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/en/support-game-availability/

Do you have any custom DNS or VPN services running?

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

I had problems with both the Tampa Bay and Florida games but not any earlier ones - these are away games.

I have no custom VPN or DNS services running, there is nothing I could have done to explain this. Nothing has changed wrt my tv/internet/etc setup.

Yes, I have looked at the blackout rules and for any indication of problems - I have the sports package, which presumably explains why I can get the leafs/sens/canadiens games. The reason I mentioned Bell was the following:

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=92852