iPhone with Pay as You Go

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone with Pay as You Go

Hi, I am on the Rogers pay as u go plan. I top up $10 monthly. I currently have a Nokia 520.

I'm planning on getting a new iPhone SE.  I will have to get a new nano sim card. 

Will be there be any problems switching from my Nokia mirco-sim card to a nano card at a Rogers store?

I will be able to use the iPhone with Rogers pay as u go?

thanks

***Edited Labels***

Re: iPhone with Pay as You Go

Hi @sadchel,

I've heard good things about the iPhone SE.  Is the phone locked to Rogers network?  If not, then you will have to get the device unlocked from the previous carrier. You can get the SIM card switched and activated at the Rogers store. There may be a nominal fee for the SIM card.

Hope this helps.

Happy New Year 🙂

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi RogersZia,

My current phone is being used with Rogers on a pay as u go account. I wasn't sure whether I could upgrade to the iPhone by going to Rogers store and having them transfer my current sim card to  a new nano card...........keeping the account the same otherwise

thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I recently switched from a 9-year old flip-phone to an (unlocked) iPhone 5S.  No issues at all at the Rogers store.  The person at the counter cut my old SIM to fit the new phone and tested the phone to make sure it worked.  Even took the time to do some basic programming of the phone.  As mentioned above, if you need to get a new SIM, there may be a small fee, which I believe is around $10.  I'm on the grandfathered Anytime $10/mo PAYGo plan.  I have data turned off.

I Plan to Stick Around

Perfect!

thanks 57