a question on adding on texting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

a question on adding on texting

Hi, 

Just a simple question. I am using pay-as-you-go plan, which does not include texting. Now I would like to add on texting, $3 per month. I signed in my accout but still could not find the link to add on. What else could I do?  Many thanks for your input. 

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: a question on adding on texting

Hi @Kinyi

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for posting.

You can view your options for add -ons for text messages  here  and can order the add-on by signing in to your account.

RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersPrasana could you elaborate a little more  @Kinyi says they have already taken the steps you suggest and seems to be having trouble navigating  the account pages.... perchance you have some suggestion of how to fix that . 

There seem to be glitches in the Rogers system that mean the stars must align to get things done sometimes ... I would suggest just calling the pay go number during regular working hours and they will set you up. Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Hi @Kinyi,

Once you click on the link RogersPrasana provided, you can scroll down to the part where it says How to Order. There is an option to sign in to your My Rogers, once you've successfully signed in, it will redirect you to Add-Ons & Pay Per Use Rates page where you will be able to add the feature to your account. 

Hope this helps:)

RogersZia

Highlighted

I went to my  account and  tried the above suggestion ....just for the sake of curiousity .i got mo redirection.  After the third try  I finally found it  though. Smiley Mad

Go to my account  ....click.... overview ...click.... the pay as you go box with your phone number in it ...click..... manage my add ons  ... a listing of all the ad ons comes up  and you can select the one you want. 

I just don't get why Rogers makes it so complicated so it is challenging for those  that only use the site infrequently. or are computer challenged like myself . 

Highlighted

Wait ,wait  I found a short cut ... Smiley Very Happy ..... When you get to the correct  account in my account  .... click" services" instead of overview ... then select your  number from the drop down box and  that will bring up the manage your add ons box  .... 

Smiley Embarassed oops  sorry ...that is actually the same length of trip isn't it  ? Smiley Wink

My question is... the overview page basically tells you nothing but has the selected phone number in a box with an arrow in it with no mention of where that link will get you  ... how is anyone that hasn't been there before or is  used to Rogers incoherent links supposed to  know where they're going to end up?