cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Service Interruption - Credit?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

When signing in, I get this pop-up:

Due to the April 19 wireless service interruption, you will see a credit equivalent to 1 day of your wireless service fee on your May bill. Sign in to MyRogers to view your bill and applicable credit.

I was wondering how PayGo customers would be compensated for the outage, but I see now that my 1-year subscription has been extended by 1 day when I go to MyRogers, but not when I go to Bill Information. I hope that will get updated.

**Labels Added**

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Wireless Service Interruption - Credit?

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @OLDYELLR!

I'm glad you're seeing the additional day there! The info under billing information should be updated after May 1st. Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

@RogersAndy

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@RogersAndy wrote:

Hey @OLDYELLR!

I'm glad you're seeing the additional day there! The info under billing information should be updated after May 1st. Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

@RogersAndy

When I go to my Bill Summary it says "Balance expires on 22 Sep 2021". Yesterday when I went to My Rogers there was the credit notice and then it said " Expires on: September 23, 2021". I renew or top up annually, so I hope it gets sorted out by then.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I still see the difference between the 2 places I look. Let's see if it changes after May 1st.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@RogersAndy wrote:

Hey @OLDYELLR!

@RogersAndy

Well, it is now May 1st and no change. My Rogers says my expiry date is September 23rd, but my Call History and *225 say it's still September 22nd.  (This is an older screen shot collage, but nothing has changed as of this morning.)

expires2.jpg

Now I realize that with how I use my cellphone, renewing for $100 annually, drawing from my balance when it's sufficiently over $100, the credit I get only amounts to pennies as opposed to someone with an average $200/month Rogers communications bundle, who would expect $6 or $7, but I still don't know whether my subscription expires on September 22nd or 23rd.  @CommunityHelps  please straighten this out.

Hello, @OLDYELLR

Thanks so much for following up with us on this matter.

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the tools to support Pay As You Go customers here in the community forums. You would need to contact our support team via phone and they should be able to get this rectified for you. Here are the steps below for those who are not familiar.

1. Dial: 1-800-575-9090  

2. Wait for language selection to finish

3. Press option 4 for “General information”

4. Press option 4 to “Contact Rogers”

5. Press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly

Hours of operation are below.

Mon-Fri: 8 am – 9 pm EST
Saturday: 8 am – 9 pm EST
Sunday: 10 am – 8 pm EST

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the service interruption that occurred.

RogersTony

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I wasn't sure if calling the PayGo number could rectify the discrepancy, so I just posted to https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

This evening I got a call from a Rogers agent  and she fixed the problem. Now calling *225 or going to my call transactions shows the expiry date a day later. But, curiously, My Rogers shows it another day later than that. Oh well, I guess the systems aren't synchronized. No big deal, I tried.

gdmaclew
I plan to stick around

Credit for Wireless Outage May 14-19:

I received a message with my Rogers Bill today to the effect that due to the recent outage in Rocket Hub wireless service on May 19th  I have been given a credit equivalent to one day's billing.

That's all well and good but the outage lasted 6 days not just one day.

I think a little more compensation would be welcomed.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation