cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the number 647-530-1009 on my bill that does not appear in my phone?

guixinjenniferl
I've been around

What is the number 647-530-1009 on my bill that does not appear in my pay as go phone?

***Edited Label***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is the number 647-530-1009 on my bill that does not appear in my phone?

jkroesen
I'm a trusted contributor

Voicemail Deposit: +1 647-530-1009 

Voicemail Retrieval: +1 647-530-1103

Hope that answers your question Cat Happy Man LOLWoman Happy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Re: What is the number 647-530-1009 on my bill that does not appear in my phone?

jkroesen
I'm a trusted contributor

Voicemail Deposit: +1 647-530-1009 

Voicemail Retrieval: +1 647-530-1103

Hope that answers your question Cat Happy Man LOLWoman Happy

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@guixinjenniferl I would get voicemail removed from PayGo unless you depend on it a lot. I found it was using up a lot more airtime than any calls I made or received.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Why am I getting charges from this unknown phone number?

1-647-530-1009. I don't have voicemail and it keeps charging me $.50! This is unfair.

@Victoryah

Here's a thread which discusses this issue, which might be of some help: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PAYGO/thread-id/604

This number shows on my phone with a missed call and a voicemail every time. My phone did not even ring each time. There is no voicemail even it shows there is one. i blocked this number long ago but it still shows that i have a missed call from this number. Rogers charged me $3.00 dollars on the phone bill twice for two weeks which shows that I called this number from China with 1 minute duration when I was travelling in China......talked to Rogers but they said there is no way they can block this phone number on my end, it will automatically go to voicemail even you blocked this phone number. Rogers also insist that I called this number from China. When my package with Rogers is Canada wide, it does not matter. It certainly make money for Rogers at this point. So I doubt about what relationship between this scam number and Rogers. I am sure that I am not the only one out there.

lsoong1688
I've been here awhile
What is VM deposit? Who is calling?

if that is the Voicemail deposit number you see where are you seeing it? probably not on your phones call dispaly, you must be looking at some kind of calling log online? so if it shows there, it means the call got forwarded to your voicemail.  voicemail costs money, its not free, but since pay as u go you dont get billed, they take the charges off  as air time, so if u dont want it ,simply call and ask them to remove voicemail completely from your line.   

i think voicemail is one of the feaures they activate automatically by default, but just because you block the number in your phones setting that does nothing, the calls are sent to voicemail at the "network level" so your phones blocking function has nothing to do with this, so just call and remove it so you can move forward in life and not have to worry about this problem

bspeelz
I plan to stick around

I got a text message from Rogers that my auto top up had activated so I just took a look at the online log to figure out what triggered the auto top up and I saw that number 647-530-1009 and have seen it before, but now it is a $.60 charge and the timing matched my text message from Rogers about the top up.  So is that text treated as a voicemail then?  When text message are unlimited?

Good afternoon @bspeelz,

Thanks for your post! Making sure you understand the charges you are billed for is a big deal, so I want to make sure we answer your question and address concerns you may have.

Firstly, the charge associated with the (647) 530-1009 is not one for an incoming SMS from Rogers about the top-up. When you see a transaction with that number, it is because someone left you a voicemail. 

Voicemail is available with no monthly fee on the Pay As You Go service. However, airtime charges apply for messages left on your Pay As You Go voicemail and for checking your voicemail messages. For each incoming call that goes to your voicemail, airtime charges apply from the time your phone begins ringing to the end of the voicemail. Airtime charges also apply if you call a number and a voicemail service answers.

If you prefer to have your phone ring longer and avoid getting billed for messages left in your inbox, you do have the option to deactivate it to prevent callers to leave you a voicemail.

Hope this helps! 🙂

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 in conversation