What happens when you add money to a deactivated Pay as You Go phone?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

What happens when you add money to a deactivated Pay as You Go phone?

So I'm currently working overseas so obviously I can't use my Pay as You Go phone. I didn't cancel my number because I still plan on using it whenever I go back to Canada. Anyways I'm coming home for the first time in awhile and I think it's been so long my phone has been deactivated? It says my balance of $0.00 expires on October 21st, 2016 even though it's December.

Anyways, I sent money to my phone from my bank without realizing it's been deactivated. So I'm just wondering what will happen? Will sending money reactivate my phone? Or will it remain deactivated and my money get sent back or something?

Also how can I reactivate my phone if sending money/topping up doesn't work?

*Edited Labels*

Re: What happens when you add money to a deactivated Pay as You Go phone?

Hello, @heartseclipsed

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Were you using the annual Pay As You Go plan? The topping up of the Pay As You Go account is usually not done by sending the money through the bank. The best way to address the issue is to reach out to our Pay As you Go helpline at 1-800-575-9090. After confirming the language, Press 4, and then Press 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent quickly.

Cheers,

RogersMoin