Voicemail number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Voicemail number

When I originally got my phone I was told to press and hold the  number "1" to retrieve voicemail on the device.  I didn't really care what this number was and only used VM a few times. I have since cancelled VM.  I would assume though that it is a local call if you're in Canada, however, it may be billed as a long distance call if you're outside Canada - for example, the US or Europe?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I too cancelled voice mail a long time ago because of how I use my phone. I only turn it on and take it with me when I leave the house in case family members need to contact me, or I them. Considering the number of legitimate calls and texts, telemarketers leaving voicemail would probably use up more air time.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Does the Rogers prepaid voicemail still use up airtime both when the call is left and when it is retrieved  ? 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor : Yes. See below, click on pay per use rates tab:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/addons

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The voicemail retrieval number wasn't assigned. The first time I pressed and held the 1 key it asked me to enter the number. I called Rogers, and they gave me a Quebec number.

What is the difference between the voicemail retrieval number and the deposit number?

I also have to change the number because my phone is a dual-SIM, but only allows a single voicemail retrieval number to be programmed into the 1 key.

Shane.