Voicemail number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Voicemail number

Hi,

New Pay as you Go customer, looking to set up voicemail. I just need the Voicemail number, as I brought my own phone over and the number isn't pre-programmed.

I'd call in but don't want to eat through all my minutes sitting on hold. Live Chat support says it can't assist for Pay as you Go users, and I can't find a support email address.

The phone is a Galaxy S3, unlocked, originally from Bell. 

Thanks guys!

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Voicemail number

Thanks for the reply.

I ended up simply calling from work and recieving the assistance required.

For anyone else who may need this information in the future, the voicemail number for Calgary is +14037141188

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello btimbit 

Hmm i thought it shouldn't count as u are contacting them. Yes Live Chat doesn't help out Paygo accounts.  Have you tried going to a Rogers store or Rogers authorized dealer to see if they can help u? You can also contact Rogers on Facebook and on Twitter @RogersHelps

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply.

I ended up simply calling from work and recieving the assistance required.

For anyone else who may need this information in the future, the voicemail number for Calgary is +14037141188

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello btimbit

That's good to hear and Thank you for the helpful tip giving the vm number for Calgary! 🙂
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Greetings,

I couldn't find the voicemail retrieval number on the website, so I called Rogers Pay As You Go. The number she gave me is +1-514-290-0728. Area code 514 is in Montreal, Quebec. However, I live in Banff, Alberta. Will I be charged long distance when I check my voice mail? If so, is there a local voicemail retrieval number?

Thanks,

Shane.

I'm Here A Lot

Greetings,

I just purchased a LG-B220A. When I pressed and held the 1 key, it asked me to enter the voicemail retrieval number. Now, I'm trying to change the number that I've entered. Pressing the 1 key dials voicemail, but doesn't display the number or give me an option to change it. Does anyone know how to change the number?

I've downloaded and read the manual, but it doesn't mention this. I contacted LG, but they said they can't help because the phone isn't sold in Canada.

Thanks,

Shane.

Highlighted

Hello @CSGoodman and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums Robot Happy!

Just to start, may I know why you're looking to change the voicemail retrieval number? The retrieval number provided to you is specific to your region, there is no way to change that number. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Does the Calgary number posted  two posts up not work for you or does Rogers assign you to a particular number ? 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

When I called Rogers, they said the Voicemail retrieval number was 514-290-0728, which is a Montreal number. However, I live in Banff, Alberta. I asked if I would be charged long distance to check my voicemail or if there was a local access number, and she didn't know. Since then, someone in this forum mentioned the voicemail number 403-714-1188, which is a Calgary number. I think Calgary is still long distance, but at least the area code is the same.

My question is specific to the LG-b220a device. What do you mean "there is no way to change that number"?

Thanks,

Shane.

Highlighted

Hello, @CSGoodman

During the initial setup when you insert the Rogers' SIM card and turn on your phone, it will receive all the required APN settings along with voicemail retrieval number. So normally you don't have to manually input or change anything. 

The voicemail retrieval number is assigned based on the voicemail deposit number and the region. The voicemail retrieval number may not be in the area code as your phone number, however, there will be no long distance charges associated with retrieving your voicemail. You will be charged the local airtime to retrieve the voicemail. 

The 403 number provided to OP in this thread was based on the voicemail deposit number. I recommend not to change the retrieval number on your phone even if you were to locate the voicemail settings on your phone. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin