cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Pay As You Go minutes remaining?

Mjensen71
I've been here awhile

Hello!

I'm new to Pay As You Go and I'm finding some aspects of the website confusing and wondering if someone can help me clear it up.  I'm on the $100 Pay As You Go unlimited texting plan and as I understand it I have 100 minutes of talk time for the next 365 days.  When I check online at the Bill Summary webpage I can see my View/Call Transaction History, that part is good.  I can also tell that so far I've made 5 local calls.  

What I can't determine though is the length of those calls.  Does the website really not provide us with those details?  It seems like a pretty basic request.  Can there not be a little meter that says you've got this many minutes remaining on your plan?  

Hopefully I'm totally off base on this as I find the Pay As You Go program seems like a great deal but this may be a deal breaker for me.

*** Edited Labels ***

40 REPLIES 40

Re: View Pay As You Go minutes remaining?

Yes, *225 shows balance only.  I will ask Rogers directly, and if they don't provide us a way to check call duration and remaining minutes, I will complain to the CCTS and CRTC.  Very deceiving not to show minutes if that's what we're being charged for.

Thanks.

Good day @zaptor99,

Thank you for your posts. 

I understand the frustration caused by not being able to keep track of your airtime usage.

I just verified with my colleagues in the Pay-As-You-Go department and they confirmed to me that if you're registered online, you should definitely be able to view your last 60 transactions.

If there are no "amount of seconds" associated with the transaction, it could mean that it is related to text messaging. If you are confident that you are looking at a phone call transaction, there should be a column for the call duration.

I know this may sound silly, however, have you tried with a different browser, for example. You may also modify the size of the web page in the settings (by choosing 90% in the zoom option). This measure actually resolved the issue for some users.

If you are still having issues, you can dial *611 from your cell phone (it is a free call that won't deduct any airtime from your monthly package). After language selection, choose Option 2, and then Option 2 again for your last phone call transactions. You can also choose Option 2, and then Option 3 for the text message usage.

Let us know if you have any questions;

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Hi RogersMaude.  Thanks for the reply.

I've tried Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge.  I tried different zooms, from 50% to 150%.  No luck.  As you can see from screenshot attached, there is a "usage" column at the end, and it's always empty. Also, no where I can see remaining minutes.

I have 2 pay as you go accounts, and both have this issue.

I hope you can raise this with IT so they can have a look.

RogersCalls.jpg

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@zaptor99 It looks like all the calls were no charge except the last one at the top of the list. That would lead me to believe that your 50 minutes just got used up and now you're being charged extra. I know it doesn't answer your question as to how much of your 50 minutes you've used at any time.  I know what you're asking, but Rogers does not seem to understand.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Yes you are right.  When I saw that charge, I figured I must have gone over the 50 mins, but no way to verify it.  I'll keep bugging them 🙂

Thanks.

jan1990
I've been around

Hi everyone,

I've gotten beyond the point of frustration so I wanted to see if I can get any help in this way. I've bought the Rogers SIM, $30 voucher, entered it all in, got a number etc. I got the 10 dollar talk & text plan and the 15$ data add on. This was 3 days ago. I've not called anyone, and the internet wasn't working from the get do. Now, I try to call and it says "your balance is insufficient to complete your call". HOW?

On the other hand, I tried to now check what this balance is online, but lo and behold, I need an account PIN for that, which is nowhere to be found and wasn't even mentioned. Needless to say, I wouldn't need a phone if I already had one to call customer service with. Is there any other way I can check the balance??

Hi @jan1990

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for posting!

Tracking minutes is definitely helpful in managing the usage.

To check your balance and get your account set up, we recommend that you call in and speak with our Pay As You Go support department. They will be able to look into this issue and figure out what's going on.

You can reach them at 1-800-575-9090

To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again.  At the end of the information on how to contact us, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

RogersPrasana

cquach
I've been around

call *611 option 2 option 2 to get info re how many minutes you have remaining

Hello, 

I would simply like to know how many actual minutes I have left in my account. That this cant be answered and isn't actually available anywhere points again to just how incompetent this terrible, useless, soul-sucking organization is. 

James 

Go to MyRogers, select your PayGo account, Billing & Payment, View Call Transaction History.

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@JamesMacint001 wrote:

Hello, 

I would simply like to know how many actual minutes I have left in my account. That this cant be answered and isn't actually available anywhere points again to just how incompetent this terrible, useless, soul-sucking organization is. 

James 

Are you still on the anytime plan  or are you now on one of the monthly plans that offer a certain number of local minutes  for a given fee ? 

I've been around
How many minutes remaining

Greetings @123421!

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post! 😀

Being that you are a Pay As You Go subscriber, I can understand the need to want to keep track of your usage. As per a few recommendations posted here in this thread, have you attempted to dial *611 from your cell phone followed by Option 2 and then Option 2 again? If so, what was the result?

If the above option is not helpful for you, then we would recommend reaching out directly to our Pay As You Go team for further assistance. Below you will find the instructions on how to get to a representative quickly to address your concerns:

1. Dial 1-800-575-9090  
2. Wait for language selection to finish
3. Press option 4 for “General information”
4. Press option 4 to “Contact Rogers”
5. Press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly

Hours of Operation: 
Mon-Fri: 8 am to 9 pm EST

Thank you,

RogersLaura

JLC1
I've been here awhile

How many minutes left on my Pay-as-you-go ($10/month)

Hello,

I've a very simple question, very simple idea: How can I know the minutes left for the current period for my $10 per month Pay as you Go plan?

Today I refilled with $10 so I guess that somewhere online I can see that I have 50 minutes to spend for 1 month, where can I see that online?  And after, If I call for 10 minutes tomorrow, where can I see these 40 minutes left?  It's a very simple request, very simple stuff, very simple concept.

Please don't tell me about *225 cause I don't understand the point of this number: today after I've paid, I called this *225 but it says "your balance is $0"  But I've just paid the $10 !!!

I think this number *225 is totally useless or bugged.

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JLC1 : It looks as though your post was moved to this existing thread.  If you read the recent posts here, it looks like you should be dialling *611 per the post above yours.  You can also login to MyRogers to see your balance, which is what I usually do, which gives all recent activity and balance. 

I'm not sure if it can show minutes because the system doesn't know what you're going to do next:

- Dial a local call

- Dial a long distance call

- Call in another country

- Text locally, Text in another country

Etc. 

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@JLC1I'm not sure I can help because I have the grandfathered plan which I pay for with a certain amount and can check on line what the remaining amount is. In your case you pay monthly and need to know how many minutes (or how much data) you have used in the month.  What is it you see when you go to My Rogers and select your phone number? I get my balance in dollars and a listing of calls.

Sarcee
I plan to stick around

I have a related question, not about minutes remaining but about balance remaining.

I"m on the PAYGO $10. monthly talk and text plan (which is actually prepaid in advance for a year). If I want to quit Rogers and sign on with another carrier before the end of my billing year, will I lose my remaining balance?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you were to leave Rogers completely, then you would probably lose any remaining credit/balance.  I would call per post 34 of this thread to check your options.  If you have other services with Rogers and remain with them for that, then they may transfer that credit, but again, you'd have to check.

You could also PM the folks here @CommunityHelps.

Daxterr
I've been here awhile

Why can't "Pay As You Go" users see their remaining minutes?

As a multi billion dollar company, I am baffled that such an essential feature is not available for customers. I am unable to fathom how this has managed to elude the rogers team after so many years have gone past. Rogers is a good company in many ways, but I think that even the custom service agents are baffled by decisions such as these. 

Please, if anyone from Rogers reads this, consider giving us a way to see how many minutes we have left. It will help very many people. Thanks!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Daxterr : It looks as though your post was moved to this existing thread. Please read post 36:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/View-Pay-As-You-Go-minutes-remaining/m-p/454279#...

Topic Stats