cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Pay As You Go minutes remaining?

Mjensen71
I've been here awhile

Hello!

I'm new to Pay As You Go and I'm finding some aspects of the website confusing and wondering if someone can help me clear it up.  I'm on the $100 Pay As You Go unlimited texting plan and as I understand it I have 100 minutes of talk time for the next 365 days.  When I check online at the Bill Summary webpage I can see my View/Call Transaction History, that part is good.  I can also tell that so far I've made 5 local calls.  

What I can't determine though is the length of those calls.  Does the website really not provide us with those details?  It seems like a pretty basic request.  Can there not be a little meter that says you've got this many minutes remaining on your plan?  

Hopefully I'm totally off base on this as I find the Pay As You Go program seems like a great deal but this may be a deal breaker for me.

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: View Pay As You Go minutes remaining?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Mjensen71 I can't speak for the $100 Unlimited Texting Plan because I have the plain $100 plan that runs a balance and calls and texts are charged against it as they happen. Since you have 100 free minutes talk time, Rogers must be keeping track, so why shouldn't you be able to see what Rogers sees, other than from your call log?  I would call the PayGo help line, 1-800-575-9090, to see if they can help. Also, what to you get when you dial *225?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

RogersShakir
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Mjensen71,

I will have one of our resident experts help you out with this inquiry.

@OLDYELLR is a PayGO user as well, maybe he can chime in.

@Meowmix may also have some experience in this perhaps.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Mjensen71 I can't speak for the $100 Unlimited Texting Plan because I have the plain $100 plan that runs a balance and calls and texts are charged against it as they happen. Since you have 100 free minutes talk time, Rogers must be keeping track, so why shouldn't you be able to see what Rogers sees, other than from your call log?  I would call the PayGo help line, 1-800-575-9090, to see if they can help. Also, what to you get when you dial *225?

Mjensen71
I've been here awhile

Thanks oldyellr. I think I will need to give them a call.  As to the *225 thing, that's another aspect I find strange.  It comes back with "you have a zero balance".  I'm hoping this is just a simple glitch.  Does anyone know, when I reach the end of my 100 minutes, would I just not be able to amke any further phone calls or would they charge my credit card for the overage.  I'm assuming it's the former.  Thanks for all the help!

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Mjensen71 yes, your *225 would tell you zero balance because you have none, your $100 pays for that plan for a year and is gone. I just wondered if it gave any more information, like remaining free minutes. I guess not. But, yes, I'd call to see if that information can be obtained. At least all calls to Rogers are free, except for your time.

In my case, I almost went to the unlimited text plan because I divulged my number to Google and was getting a deluge of Facebook notification texts, but I managed to fix that and stayed with my $100 balance plan because I don't use it up in a year and it rolls over and I'm cheap.

NoddleLuver
I've been here awhile

@OLDYELLR , now that my $100 has paid for the plan at the activation date , how about the 911 fee , do we need to top-up extra money for monthly 911 charge or has it already been included for 365days period ? I understand it'll need extra top-up for like longdistance call or other add-ons  to be used . but not quite clear abt how Rogers charge the911 fee

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@NoddleLuver that's a good question, because my $100 balance plan deducts 75 cents a month from the balance. My guess is that with those Unlimited $100/year plans it's included, but it doesn't say anything in the details. Any idea  @CommunityHelps?

Hey @OLDYELLR and @NoddleLuver

The details for the $100 plan is on the website here: Pay As You Go 1yr plans

Above the footer, (+) See Full Details states www.rogers.com/911 for full details for 911 fees.

For further details call 1 800 575 9090.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Okay, it says,

*Taxes extra. Certain provinces charge an additional 9-1-1 government fee which may also apply. Visit rogers.com/911 for details. Additional cost applies to all other available pay-per-use services.

So what happens when you go to pay for these $100 plans in Ontario, you actually get charged $100 plus $9 for the 911 service plus 13% HST on that ($14.17) a grand total of $123.17., right?

If you require any further clarification on the Pay As You Go, you'll have to call the number we provided earlier.

We don't have the information fully available to answer all Pay As You Go inquiries here so the phone number is the best to call if you need clarification.

Thanks,

RogersCorey

NoddleLuver
I've been here awhile

@OLDYELLR

The receipt says only $100  for the plan; $9.99 for the SIM card and 15.40 for the 14%  HST, nothing else;  I bought the SIM and plan from  Bestbuy of Charlottetown, PEI.  and You see there's no payment for  911 , as of now  I only have the blance of $0.5 and not sure if it need to be topped-up

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@NoddleLuver as @RogersShakir said, see the footnote. Apparently some provinces don't charge axtra for the 911 service.

Under the $20 talk and text plan it is stated that "50 minutes of anytime local calls" are included in the plan. Is there a way to check how many minutes a person has used or is left avaliable in their 50 minutes?

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@kelokman ... lets see if we can get you some action on this .

Hey Rogers... how about some customer service here.      If Rogers want to make it so complicated then  paid Rogers staff should be addressing this question   ... I switched one account to another company  and it takes only seconds to check usage ... Why  is it so complicated on the  Rogers site ?

barndoor

Hhhmmm ?   nothing eh ? 

Your best bet would likely be to call the 1 800 575 9090 number and have them walk you through it .  Unless they have improved it you have to follow a specific trail  to get to the right spot to observe your details.  

Good Luck.  Smiley Happy

Turren
I've been around

On your cell phone enter *611   then enter 2  then enter 4  then enter 2 and you will get the actual minutes remaining.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Dialing *611 works, sort of,  but what I get is pretty garbled audio. Much better to https://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServices.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=BillsPayments

barndoor

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

I went to follow up on the discussion hereand check to see if they showed how many texts were left o use on our  250 text/ month texting plan ... this is what I got .... quote ....

MyRogers undergoing scheduled maintenance from April 11 (9 pm EST) to April 12 (8 am EST). During maintenance you wont be able to access your wireless, internet, TV or home phone details within MyRogers, or be able to do so by calling our call centre. However, youll still be able to manage Smart Home Monitoring by clicking on this link.

this is  April 24 guys .... Smiley Very Happy

and from what I recall no they don't say how many texts remain for the month  ... in fact they don't even keep recorded more than the last 30  so you can't even count them yourself to see how many are left . 

yes I know they will be on the phone  ... but the point is  ..again ...what kind of customer service is that ?

And why do they have to do so much maintenance ? The service provider I switched my other account to has not had a delay looking up account info in the last 6 months  .... here, in that same time there have been at least 5 "come back laters" .  Smiley Sad

I sure hope the system works a lot better for those with talk plans that use them  . 

Marg1
I plan to stick around

You pay $!00.00

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Okay, it says,

*Taxes extra. Certain provinces charge an additional 9-1-1 government fee which may also apply. Visit rogers.com/911 for details. Additional cost applies to all other available pay-per-use services.

So what happens when you go to pay for these $100 plans in Ontario, you actually get charged $100 plus $9 for the 911 service plus 13% HST on that ($14.17) a grand total of $123.17., right?

You only pay $113.00 and 75cents a month for 9-1-1 government fee.
 Plus $13. 00 tax and 75 cents a month for 911.

I searched for this but could not find an answer anywhere.

I have the $10 plan for 50 minutes.  When I view my calls online, it shows me all incoming and outgoing calls, but there is no call duration?  

Also, I can't see anywhere the remaining minutes for that month?

How am I supposed to track my minutes to make sure I don't go over?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@zaptor99  I have a straight $100/year plan which you won't easily find on the Rogers site but it's the last one here:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_topup_vouchers

It runs a balance I can see any time and the balance rolls over when I renew.

It looks like what you have is the first one here:

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/plans?cm_sp=wireless-_-pay_as_you_go-_-plans_ban...,

After your $10/month your 50 minutes free. The fact that you can't see how many of those free minutes you've used is not right.  What reply do you get when you dial *225? I get my balance. I'm sure Rogers keeps track of your minutes used so they can charge you if you exceed the 50 minutes. If Rogers can't give you your remaining minutes, maybe you have to keep track yourself.

Topic Stats