Trying to Activate Sim Card

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Trying to Activate Sim Card

Alright thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Around

No

Claudine uwineza

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello claudineuwineza

What are you saying "No" to exactly?.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I cant transfer my number from FIDO to rogers preaid simcard. the continue botton is grey even after entering fido number account number. please let me what should I do.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @mikehouse

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

I can certainly understand the inconveniences of not being able to activate your prepaid SIM card.

You can  get in touch with one of our Prepaid representatives for assistance.

To reach them, please dial 1-800-575-9090. After confirming in which language you wish continue, press 4, then 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent quickly.

RogersSannecia

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

From what I can find on MyRogers, Activate SIM Card is not available to PayGo customers. You probably have to go to a Rogers store for that.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Why can't I activate my sim and set up my account without buying a pay as you go voucher right away? I just want to get my account set up and purchase minutes later.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Unregistered SIM

I just started a Pay As Go plan this morning. I've set up my account, selected my plan, and put in the sim card. I did everything that I was told to do and my phone still doesn't work. I can't send or receive any texts or calls. I was told to wait a few hours so I did but still nothing has happened. I even called it in only to be hung up on. All the phone says is that it's an unregistered sim. I need help

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I bought a rogers SIM card (prepaid) without a device and I want to activate it. At the moment I have a foreign number so I can't change a rogers number, as they said in some descriptions. I only have the sim card (within the carrier) and I do not know how to activate it. I have an account for myrogers, but I do not think I have a rogers account (and when the website ask me to link it doesn't work for my new sim - because it isn't activated). The chat only offers postaid help, I can't call the hotline because of the roaming fees and in the shop they told me that I have to pay 35 dollars if they would acitvate the sim card for me.

I really hope that someone can tell me how to do this.

Thank you

Highlighted
I've Been Around

NEW ROGER SIM

I brought the pay as you go free sim card from the shop. After the 10$ top up , I thought my phone is activated in one hour. Its been 3 hour and I couldnt able to receive any sms or phone call. The online representative told me my sim is already activated and got 50 local min and 50 sms