Trying to Activate Sim Card

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Trying to Activate Sim Card

I had a Nokia C3 pay as you go.....I recently got a new phone, so I put the Sim from the Nokia into the new phone. I am giving my husband the Nokia to use, so we bought a new Sim card. I am trying to activate it online through the pay as you go website. I go through all the steps, and when I get to the very end, it says there is an error with the website. I have been trying to do this for 3 days! Has the Rogers store website really been down all this time, or am I doing something wrong? The Nokia was already activated, its just the Sim card that needs to be activated. Someone PLEASE help me!! I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong, or is the site really down???

Thanks! Smiley Happy

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Trying to Activate Sim Card

Are you able to call Costumer service? If you can call in & they will be able to activate it for you 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am able to call customer service, I was just trying to do it online, as I find it is faster (no being put on hold, etc.)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea i have had troubles activating the sim card on my line also a few days ago. I think its the site because when i called they did it for me & it worked.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, thank you! 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

bought an iphone today and bought a micro sim aswell. im already with rogers but i dont know to activate it online.... please help, 

thanks.

ps currently im using pay as you go (dunno if that makes a difference or not)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if you already have an account then u do not need to activate a new one online, you would need to do a sim swap, can be done by calling rogers customer service or by clicking "chaneg sim card" on your web portal acct

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

the thing is that i dont see a "change sim card" anywhere...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You could always give Rogers a call & ask them to activate the sim-card for you over the phone.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

word on here is pay as u go accounts may not show the change sim card option, just call them up tomorrow and do it, or visit a rogers store