Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Good day @zaptor99,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

I understand you wish to make sure your father's Pay-As-You-Go subscription auto-renews to ensure he remains reachable at all times. It is my pleasure to tell you more about this option!

Before you can take advantage of Auto Top-Up, you'll first need to register a credit card to your Pay As You Go account.

Auto Top-Up is our no-worry automated payment service that allows you to top up your account automatically — whenever you need to.

• Never worry about running out of airtime.
  • Never worry about refilling your account.
  • Your unused prepaid balance gets carried over to the next month.
  • Plus, you get 10% in bonus credits on every auto top up!

Keep in mind that if your Auto Top-Up credit card payment fails, regular pay-per-use rates will apply.

To view our pay-per-use rates for Pay As You Go customers, go to our Add-Ons & Pay-Per-Use Rates page and navigate to the Pay-Per-Use Rates tab.

How it works

Use Auto Top-Up to automatically top up your account with a pre-selected amount in one of two ways:

• Automatic Option
    • If you've registered for Auto Top-Up and have a Pay By The Month plan and/or a monthly add-on, Auto Top-Up will automatically charge your credit card on your monthly due date.
  • Low Balance Option
    • Your Pay As You Go account will be automatically topped up with a pre-selected amount whenever your account balance a) falls below $1 or b) is about to expire.

Good to know: As an added bonus for using Auto Top-Up to pay your monthly fee(s), your unused prepaid balance will be carried over to the next month.

Let us know if you have any other questions! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the reply. So just to confirm, I need to enable the auto top up to ensure the $10 for the monthly plan is withdrawn from the credit card without having to manually top up.
I wasn't sure if the $10 is withdrawn separately through pre-authorized payment like postpaid accounts.

Hello @zaptor99,

Once you have setup Auto-Top Up with your Credit Card you will be given two options for how your card will be billed.

The first option is the Automatic Option which will Bill your Credit Card for the $10.00 Monthly Fee associated with your Pay-As-You-Go plan. The second option is the Low Balance option which will bill your Credit Card when the balance drops below $1.00 or is about to expire.

If you only want your credit card to be billed for the $10.00 which covers the monthly plan then choose the Automatic Option. If you want to Top-Up the balance whenever it goes below $1.00 and cover the $10.00 monthly fees then select the Low Balance option.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

pay as you go, $85 for 1 year -- question about free minutes

Hi,

I have a corporate monthly payment  for now.

Can I make a payment for the wholeyear and make monthly adjustment 

payment as needed ? 

Thanks

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @curvenut

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for posting!

Are you looking to switch from a monthly plan to a PayGO line? You can convert the post paid line to PayGO and  then purchase a plan.

You can view the options here

RogersPrasana

I Plan to Stick Around

Auto Top Up Didn't Work

When I singed up for Auto Top Up I was told that "Even if you are in the middle of a call it will work seamlessly and top up while you continue talking". Well my first experience did not support that. My balance was down to 20cents yesterday. I tried to make a call this morning - nogo - "balance insufficient". I just assumed it might take a bit longer - so waited. This afternoon I missed an important text message - "balance insufficient".

My recommendation is don't trust Auto Top Up - manually add another $100/365 days when your balance is below your own threshold - say $10 or $15.

I Plan to Stick Around

Why isn't there a $10.00  auto-top up option for the PAYGO Talk All Day plan? 

It only starts at $20.00

I'm a Trusted Contributor

dereklola wrote:

Auto Top Up Didn't Work

When I singed up for Auto Top Up I was told that "Even if you are in the middle of a call it will work seamlessly and top up while you continue talking". Well my first experience did not support that. My balance was down to 20cents yesterday. I tried to make a call this morning - nogo - "balance insufficient". I just assumed it might take a bit longer - so waited. This afternoon I missed an important text message - "balance insufficient".

My recommendation is don't trust Auto Top Up - manually add another $100/365 days when your balance is below your own threshold - say $10 or $15.

To look on the paygo topup  information page they give some hoopla about how wonderful it is, but further down the page it looks like you are put in to an either /or situation of choosing to have it work based on expiry date  OR based on low balance  ...  can you select both or just one ? 

I've Been Around

What is happening to my pay as you go

So I have the 35$ txt and call plan right, well I’ve payed 40$ recently and it says that my top up was successful but my balance is $5.15 is that going to affect my plan? Shouldnt my balance be 40$ or what’s going on

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@JAZZmine14wrote:

What is happening to my pay as you go

So I have the 35$ txt and call plan right, well I’ve payed 40$ recently and it says that my top up was successful but my balance is $5.15 is that going to affect my plan? Shouldnt my balance be 40$ or what’s going on

It's a monthly plan  ....for 35$  They took it out of your account  so now you can use up to  the limits of the plan for  what you paid  but  if you exceed those limits   you will need to pay for the extra out of the $5.15  balance . 

Looks like you have unlimited texting , free evening and weekend local calls and 150 minutes  of local daytime calls for that  $35..... for a month ... then they want another $35 I expect .  

Topic Stats