Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

this is stupid they charge you for calling in to say this is card number and want on air time why do you guys do this ??? thanks also I bought a 30.00 card from walmart when added it was 25.00 so what gives??

Also does Rogers charge Prorated if plan changed by the date U got phone card like I got mine Thursday the 7th if I change before the 7 will it mess the account up thanks ??? 

Hello, @Hotrod_1975

I understand getting charged to top up the account could be unpleasant, what number were you calling? There are free options available to top up your Pay As You Go account, please follow the link for your future reference. 

Our Pay As You Go department is best equipped to answer your other questions, you can reach a live agent by calling 1-800-575-9090.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Pay As You Go balance - topping up before expiry

I recently got a new account with Rogers and am confused about expiry dates - I added a $100 voucher to my balance, and my expiry date is a year from now. However, if I still have a bit of money left a couple months from now and want to top up again, what would happen if I added a $10 voucher to my balance? Would my expiry be a month from topping up with the $10, or would I still have the rest of the year before my entire balance expires?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

hanabaena wrote:

Pay As You Go balance - topping up before expiry

Would my expiry be a month from topping up with the $10, or would I still have the rest of the year before my entire balance expires?

You'd  have the rest of the year  according to the info on the Rogers voucher page . 

I've Been Around

Pay as you go yearly plan

My one-year plan has expired and I'm trying to top up with the same $120 yearly plan. When I try to top up with $120 though, I am told that $120 exceeds the allowable recharge amount of $100. How can I top up with the $120 plan?

Won't it  let you renew the $100 plan ?   I still pay 25 cents a minute on a plan started at least 4 years ago and is no longer available .

If you would prefer  the $120 plan then I would try going to my Rogers and making sure the $100  plan is cancelled not just expired and then try the $120 plan option .  

If that doesn't work you will have to call in to 1 800 575 9090 and talk to someone to get it straightened out. 

Please let us know how you make out so we can advise others  ... because Rogers does such a poor job of communicating with it's paygo  customers and this is not the first time this issue has come up .   Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Advisor

barndoor wrote:

Won't it  let you renew the $100 plan ?   I still pay 25 cents a minute on a plan started at least 4 years ago and is no longer available .

I remember it being 25 cents but I'm now being charged 35 cents on the basic $100 plan. Maybe it jumped a year ago when I tried the $120 (then $100) plan and switched back.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@OLDYELLR ...   I bet you're right about what happened . 

Good day @blakjak,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

I understand that you want to keep your current plan the same, and I want to help you doing so.

How do you normally Top-up?

I believe you could potentially add $100 and then an additional $20, for the total balance on your account to sum up to $120.

If you usually buy vouchers, those amounts are available. For more information on Pay As You Go™ Vouchers, visit this page.

Did you try getting in touch with one of our Prepaid representatives, as indicated by @barndoor above?

Let us know if you were able to resolve your issue Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

My dad just signed up for the $10/month pay as you go plan which comes with 50 mins and 50 sms.  He said he gave his credit card for pre-authorized payment.

When I go into his account online, it shows that auto top up is not active.  Is this for extra money that he can add to the account if he goes over his 50 mins or 50 sms?  I guess I'm a bit confused between the monthly fee vs the top up.

Thx

Topic Stats