Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

That charge has been around for a while ... if you just add a card through mimi or whatever it is they call their automated service it's free but if you call in and have the CSR  do the transaction for you through the call center there is a 2 dollar charge. 

As far as the rest of  your issue OY  ... isn't it just the same old ,same old  that has come to be just what Rogers is?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I called because I could find no record of my expiry date on Rogers after it expired and *225 no longer worked (although Rogers still had that information). If I had known for sure it had expired and when, I guess I could have just purchased a $100 top-up on line and been back in business with my balance back.  The thing is that whenever I have a balance of well over $100 I want to take the $100 renewal fee from my balance. The CSR even suggested I do that next time.  Rogers isn't hiding this option, so why isn't it available on line?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm trying to top up my phone through the 'my account' site on my computer.  I go to the top-up screen and key in my 14-digit voucher number, hit validate and it says the voucher ($10) is good for 30 days - ok.  Then I scroll down and hit continue but the screen resets and tells me to check the information I have entered - the voucher number is correct, it was validated.  This keeps repeating so I think the software on that page is in a loop, as I used to not have problems with this process before.  Can someone please advise - thank you.

I've Been Here Awhile

This happened to both my mother and me, and is a marketing ploy - don't take it, just top up your balance as normal. They want you to 'use up your balance' faster than you normally do and they let your top-up lapse in return for it.

Hi @leblereau,

Have you tried clearing cookies/cache on your browser to see if that resolves this issue? Should that fail, I would recommend trying an alternate browser to ensure that this isn't a browser specific fault.

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Well your Web Site is Broken, I go to top up my wifes phone and the pull down will not go past the $60 option. Anyone else seeing this?  I have tried 2 different computers and 4 different browsers.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jimonator45 When I go here https://www.rogers.com/web/myrogers/prepaidTopUp the bottom item on the Select Amount dropdown is $100 (365 days).

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes but try and select it
I can see it but not able to select it.
I'm a Senior Advisor

By gosh, you are absolutely right, the higest amount you can actually select from all the choices is $60.  It's broken and needs to be fixed. @CommunityHelps

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR  you  sound surprised  that there could be a glitch .   Smiley LOL

Topic Stats