Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Thanks but those plans at $100 dont work for me..but thanks for the other thoughts...I will repost something on Monday nite or Tuesday on the Talk and Text $40...thanks again
I've Been Around

Hello!

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a prepaid phone and whenever I try to top-up my account Rogers asks for a 4 digit passcode. However, I do not recall receving a passcode at all when I registered and I cannot figure it out at all. I cannot call the help number to figure out my passcode since I don't have any service, but I am hoping someone on here can help me. Thank you for your time!

Good evening @stewart1997,

Thank you for your contribution to the Rogers Community Forums Smiley Wink

Sorry for the late reply, I am hoping you were able to find the answer to your question in the previous posts or in another one of our threads.

To contact our Prepaid department directly, please dial 1-800-575-9090. To reach an agent choose option 4, then option 4 again.  At the end of the following message, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agent (option 1).

They will have the ability to validate with you other information such as your address on file etc. in order to authenticate your account and change your 4-digit PIN. Once you have the passcode reinitialized, you will have access to the self-serve options.

Hope this helps! 

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

My Rogers not work for a week Can't top up

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @vica,

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

If you still need help with topping up your Pay As You Go account, you can try our ONLINE TOP-UP link located here.

Or give us a shout at the following contact phone number below:

Pay As You Go
1 800 575-9090
Mon-Fri: 8 am to 9 pm EST

Thanks,
RogersArthur

I've Been Around

Hello,

Im very new at this top up prepaid ways. Would someone be able to help me figure out how to get my account qualify for the 120/year plan. It says I am signed up for the plan but that I dont have enough credits on my account so I am moved to pay as u go. When I scroll down my topup options its mostly 30days and 100 for the year. I dont see the 120./year

Please help. Thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

The $120/year plan is different from the regular plans that take money from your balance and can be topped up anytime. I don't understand what you mean by "credits". How did you pay for the $120 plan in the first place? Or are you asking how to switch from regular PayGo to the $120 one? You can sign up for it here using your credit card, I presume.

UNLIMITED Evening and Weekend Local Calling + UNLIMITED Texting1

$120 for 1 year*

Unlimited evening (6 p.m.-7 a.m.) and Weekend (Fri 6 p.m. - Mon 7 a.m.) local calls
    50 minutes of daytime local calling for the year
    50¢/minute for additional local daytime calls
    50¢/minute for Canadian and US long distance calls
    Unlimited Canadian text messages1
    35¢/message for International text messages
    Voicemail, Call Display, and Call Waiting included
    Other services are available at applicable Pay-Per-Use rates learn more here
    Plan is valid for 12 months from the day you sign up

Or you can reach PayGo at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

How exactly can I exchange $100 of my balance and keep my account active for the next 12 months?

Today, June 15, 2016, I received this message:

Rogers msg:

"You have an unused Pay As You Go credit of $170. Exchange $100 of your balance and keep your account active for the next 12 months. Do not worry about topping up until June 14, 2016.

Call 18005759090."

I called the number indicated but I could not figure out how to exchange $100 and keep my acount active for the next 12 months. Can I do this operation using my Rogers internet account? What exactely do I have to do? Also, that  "until June 14, 2016" is a bit puzzling because it is a date that has already passed.

I'm a Senior Advisor

You can reach PayGo at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent. Just say you want to use $100 of your balance to renew for a year. The " Do not worry about topping up until June 14, 2016" is irrelevant since it's after that date, which is probably the end of your 12 month subscription. If you had renewed earlier, you would have got 12 months from that date.

It's not widely known that you can use your balance to renew if you have over $100. I first found out when Rogers sent me a letter when I had accumulated over $200 because I didn't know. I used to be able to do it in the store, but they don't do that now and you have to call. Too bad there's no way to do it on line.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Here's a weird situation. I just checked my Call History on line and saw my balance was $0. Then it occurred to me that maybe my balance had expired, but I could not remember the expiry date. Maybe it was in September. But the weird thing is that at the top of the page it said, in red, that my balance expires on June 17, 2017. I know that when I dial *225 I immediately get a text from Rogers with my balance and the expiry date, so I did that, twice, and received no message whatsoever.  So I called the PayGo line to see what was up (1-800-575-9090-4-4-1) and the lady told me that I had a balance of $95 but it had just expired. Her explanation for the June 17, 2017 date was that it's the date my account would expire if not renewed and I would lose my number. Anyway, I renewed for $100 and got my balance back and now it says "Balance expires on 16 Sep 2017".

So the lesson is, set a reminder on your calendar when your balance expires because Rogers won't remind you, only if your balance gets low and you've set that option. Rogers should also have an option to notify you before your balance expires.  I do believe they'll give you back your balance if you top up within 14 days of expiry.

One more thing. The lady did say there was a $2 charge for renewal, but she would waive that. I had heard a rumour about such a charge. What's that all about?

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats