Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Thanks Old Yeller...so you can not answer my main question about the 75 cents ???? Does it come out of the initial $40 card purchase or do I have to add a 10 card on top?? Thank you once again
I'm a Senior Advisor

No, I wondered about the missmatch in the amounts between even quantity vouchers and PayGo plans for different amounts myself. You can buy the vouchers in many stores and supermarkets and I thought they were just for the legacy PayGo plans, not the new ones that don't run a balance.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I use the $100 card and it lasts for a year.  I am on the $3/month for 30 sent texts and unlimited incoming.  They draw the monthly fees out of my balance.

Rogers treat payasyou go customers like ugly redhaired stepchildren. 

We may not sign up for heavy plans, BUT, we leave a lot of money at their disposal.  Between my coworkers and myself, we figured out Rogers has over $1500 of our cash sitting on our phones.

It's generational I guess.  We don't live for our phones and texts but see them as a safety device for when we travel at night from work

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Mikeej8 ... if you paid with  $60 worth of vouchers do you not have a balance at the end of the month that will roll over ... to thew next month that will cover the $.75 ... or is it gobbled up by long distance ?

@OLDYELLR ... I didn't realize those were real prices you were using !   What kind of company would price something like  that ?   That is ignorance  beyond comprehension  to do that .  Each plan priced  $.75 beyond  a standard  voucher payment ! 

Why is it no one on here that is associated with Rogers can answer questions here ? Rogers mainstream  seems to want to disassociate  themselves with pay go  ... but they still seem happy to collect the money,  so how about some official representation  here by someone that can speak for the company ?

What is the answer to Mike's question  re the $.75  ? it would seem logical that he would have to cover it with an extra $10 voucher  .... but where is his change going ?

I just can't believe a  company would price something in that manner...  Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised

@Mikeej8 ... I'd be running not walking to another company  rather than using one of those plans.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Agreed. To me a cellphone is a secondary device to my home phone. It should not cost anywhere near as much per month as my home phone. I't only  for the rare occasion I need call someone when I'm out or someone needs to call me. That was the original purpose of mobile phones. Sadly, nowadays a lot of people spend more on their cellphones than they do on their Internet and cable TV combined.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor I believe @Mikeej8 has a PayGo plan with a fixed price that does not run a balance. There are all kinds of new PayGo plans like that.  I tried to sign up for one of these but backed out when my balance would have dropped to zero.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Barndoor...as for the remaining amount from the $60...Im not sure if it rolls over..Ive always paid it a day or so before the feed me date..but it does eat long distance real quick for even at that 55 Talk and Text,you can only call local...you have to go to the $65 Talk and Text to call anywhere..well I dont know either about the 75 cents...right now my account is at O!!! So say I spend time going to a outlet and pick up a $40 Pay As Go voucher..come home ,plop in front of my PC and log on to top up...click click..Talk and Text 40...it says $40.75...will it work or will it say ,not enough funds!!! Agrhhhhhh!

OLDYELLR wrote:

@barndoor I believe @Mikeej8 has a PayGo plan with a fixed price that does not run a balance. There are all kinds of new PayGo plans like that.  I tried to sign up for one of these but backed out when my balance would have dropped to zero.

But don't you have to run a bit of a balance ?? What happens if you make a long distance call  on those local call plans , they won't put it through ?

How many talk minutes  and texts do you use  @Mikeej8  ... are those plans really the cheapest way to go ?  I know that may sound insulting and I apologize for that  but they make it SO complicated to sort through the ins and outs of the plans that I always wonder if I'm using the cheapest way to get  what I need .

OLDYELLR wrote:

I tried to sign up for one of these but backed out when my balance would have dropped to zero.

Would  one of these not be better than any of those other monthly plans for someone like  @Mikeej8 .   IF you are going to have the account for more than 3 months ...  pay the $ 100  to get unlimited texting for the year  and when your local minutes run out just keep adding vouchers as needed till you get to year end  ?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't use up $100 in one year. After about 3 years I have enough balance to get another year for "free", but I have to call in to get it drawn from my balance. If I used one of the new $100 plans, I'd be paying $100 a year whether I used it or not.

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats