Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Thank you for the clarification. It answers my questions.

However, I can't but suggest that those answers should be added to a FAQ. I spent a lot of time searching for them and failed. I believe I'm not the only person who needs to know such things.

In addition, please keep in mind that voice communication can be extremely inconvinient in some situations. First, considering the time diference, Europe and Asia residents will find it pretty difficult, and expensive as well, to make international calls. I tried to do it yesterday, and I was told by the machine that the next staff member will be available in more than five minutes. Paying for more than five minutes of international waiting is inacceptable. Second, keep in mind that not all people (ESPECIALLY foreigners) can speak English fluently enough to orally explain what they want and understand the answers. That's why written sources of information are so important.

In addition, I contacted a Rogers employee via the on-site chat, and she was unable to find an e-mail address for contacting prepaid services department. This is pretty strange to me as well. Why Rogers doesn't support such a confinient and time-effective communication method?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello @Traveller12

Sorry to hear about the difficultly in regards to finding the information. I will pass the feedback along.

Unfortunately we do not provide email support.

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

I’m hoping someone here can help me before I put a hole in the wall out of frustration. I received a special offer from Rogers in the mail to pay nothing for the next year because I have a sizable pay as you go balance. The letter included a number to call to make this happen, but my passcode is rejected over and over. There's never an opportunity to speak with anyone; it's all automated. I’ve never changed my passcode and wasn’t even aware that could be done. Any idea who I could call to sort this out?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@steller I thought I answered this, but it seems to have disappeared. That's not a special offer, it works all the time, you just haave to ask to get your excess balance credited towards another year. Just call 1-800-575-9090 and press 4 for a person (I think) and ask to pay for another year with $100 from your balance. (If you don't get a person, just keep pressing "0" until you do.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Just a quick follow-up in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation. I was finally able to reach a living, breathing person dealing with Pay-as-you-go matters using the number 1-866-594-9456. I was told that there was a mistake in the activation phone number quoted in the letter I received (offering to convert part of a my unused balance into a year of payment-free service), and that all passcodes were being rejected when people called that number (1-866-566-8384). Thanks to the community for their willingness to help.

I've Been Around

I've tried to top up my pay as you go account 3 times this morning, however, it keeps saying it can't do it. online and via *611 from the phone. I HAVE to top up today as my very large balance is going to expire soon. what do I do?

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @AYZ

Thanks for your post.

Since you are having trouble topping up your account, and to top up your Pay-As-You-Go line, it might be best to contact our Prepaid Department directly.

You can reach them at 1-800-575-9090.  To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers).  At the end of the information on how to contact us, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

@RogersPrasana

I'm a Senior Advisor

@AYZ I most certainly recommend calling the 1-800-575-9090 number to renew your PayGo subscription. Since you say you have a large balance, you can also ask for the charge to come out of your balance and pay nothing.  That's what I have done whenever I've had a balance well over $100. Even if you miss renewing on time and it looks like you've lost all your balance, Rogers will forgive you and give it back if you don't delay.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Be sure you  point out that  you were having trouble though. I seem to recall getting a notice a while back that if you called in and actually got a CSR  to do the transaction there would be a charge for it . I assumed it was to persuade people to try to learn to do it themselves rather tying up staff so it sounded fair ... but of course thye worded it in Rogerese so I had to call in and ask a CSR for clarification because it sounded like they were going to charge for any top up call..  That may no longer even be in effect but you may want to check so they don't sting you . Smiley Wink

They will give ten days grace if you miss a deadline don't they?

I'm a Senior Advisor

barndoor wrote:

Be sure you  point out that  you were having trouble though. I seem to recall getting a notice a while back that if you called in and actually got a CSR  to do the transaction there would be a charge for it . I assumed it was to persuade people to try to learn to do it themselves rather tying up staff so it sounded fair ... but of course thye worded it in Rogerese so I had to call in and ask a CSR for clarification because it sounded like they were going to charge for any top up call..  That may no longer even be in effect but you may want to check so they don't sting you . Smiley Wink

They will give ten days grace if you miss a deadline don't they?

Originally I used to just walk into my local Rogers store, buy a voucher and ask them to do it. All they needed was my PIN. Then, a couple of years ago I was told they never did it in the stores and told me to call the PayGo number, but never explained the steps to reach a human. If I have a balance of well over $100 I want to draw from my balance and there is no way to do that on line, so I need a human CSR. I never heard of being charged to talk to a CSR and have them perform a customer service.

Topic Stats