Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

If you go down to the bottom of the main page, there is a CONTACT US section..

You then choose your catagory and service... then it should give you the numbers.

GENERALLY though, the number that you can access pretty much 90% of the things is 1-888-rogers1

(they do have some other numbers which skip parts of the menus, etc.. but that one can get you everywhere through the menus).

One of the few things that doesnt apply there.. is the pay as you go stuff.
Which is i beleive what you need?

1 800 575-9090

(this is also available through the contact us pages)

EDIT:  Actually looked at the contact us page again..and right beside it, has this number specifically about top-up and activations.
1 866 594-9456           

Though likely the other one would get you there too eventually.

Good afternoon @dougb1 ,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

As indicated above, the number to reach our Prepaid department is 1-800-575-9090.

Our Prepaid agents will definitely be glad to assist you!

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Senior Advisor

dougb1 wrote:

Hello is there a phone number that I can use to contact rogers ...are you hiding it or what

You don't need to ask if you read previous messages in this thread.

"Call 1-800-575-9090 (Prepaid Department) Press option 4 - Option 4 again - Then option 1 to reach a live agent."

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been told why my top up has expired.   Because if you don't top up a full 100 dollars then your top up is only good for one month.   Well that is horrible.    Come on.    What kind of service is that.   That is just a total rip off and Rogers should be totally ashamed to have a policy like that.   IF its's PAY AS YOU GO   it should be PAY AS YOU GO not until we feel like cutting you off.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you that does help.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The $100 topup on Rogers PayGo is good for a year, but if you have more than $100 balance accumulated, $100 of it can be used to top up for another year if you call. Any smaller topups are only good for a month, and if you let it expire you lose your balance. I once failed to renew my $100 plan on time and it went to zero even though I had over $100 balance. I went to the Rogers store with my sob story and they let me renew without losing my balance. Now the Rogers stores won't have anything to do with PayGo from what I was told and you have to do it by phone.

Rogers PayGo is going up to 50 cents/minute in May. You may want to look at 7-11 Speakout, which is 25 cents/minute and topups from $25 to $100 are all good for a year. (Sorry Rogers, but it's a free market and you need to compete.)

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks RogersAsif.Today I was able to update my due date by 1 year using my existing balance.As suggested,I called 1-800-5759090 and used options 4 + 4 +1.I got a rep and the deed got done.However,I do not know if it was a bad connection or accent or both,but I had trouble understanding what the rep was saying.Regardless,it gone done.

I'm a Senior Advisor

That's the exact opposite to my last PayGo experience. The first live agent I got had a slight accent and I thought he might be in Quebec, but he didn'r seen to understand what I needed and couldn't help me and then I ended back with the Operator. The next person she connected me to spoke English like she was born and grew up here and knew exactly what I wanted. Out of curiosity, I asked where she was located and she said the Philippines.

But just because someone has an accent it doesn't mean they don't know their job.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm a foreign resident. I travel to Canada occasionally, but don't stay there long enough to buy a monthly plan. This time I bought a Rogers' SIM card (mostly for Internet access) and activated the Pay As You Go (Talk Anytime) plan. My current status displayed on the Rogers web site is as follows:

Current Balance: $9.25
Balance expires on 30 Jun 15

Q1. What will happen on June 30th? Will I lose all unspent money?

Q2. If my current balance goes down to zero, will I be able to top up the SIM card later and continue using it?

Q3. If my current balance is 0, for how long the SIM card will remain valid? Will I be able to use it a year later? Or will it be blocked forever, so I'll have to buy a new SIM card?

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @Traveller12

Q1 - You can roll minutes remaining over to the next month as long as the account is topped-up before the expiry date of last card used.

Q2 - Yes, you will still be able to top up the account and continue using it.

Q3 - You can still top-up your account up to 365 days after being in an inactive state.

For further assistance, please contact our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative please choose option 4 then option 4 again. At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agents (option 1).

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

Topic Stats