Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

@ericah38 ...can you come back and let us know what happens  please?   I would expect that about the 22nd they should send you a text saying what your account balance is and that they will renew your plan if the appropriate funds are in the account on the 27th  .... or at least that is what a normal company concerned with customer service would do ... I'm just curious if Rogers does .

@57 ... it depends how you pay .  If you pay by credit card  you pay extra to Rogers for the HST .... if you pay by voucher you have paid the HST to wherever you bought the voucher and the voucher values  seem to be what  the  ROGERS  computer can handle. I agree, it is going to cost a total of $203.40 however it is done.

If you have an account balance of 180 after all is said and done  Rogers should be happy.

@ericah38 If you are on the $180 plan do you not have to carry extra balance  if you want to make a long distance call ?

I'm Here A Lot

@barndoor I didn't have any extra balance last year and I don't think I needed it because I usually don't need to make long distance calls. I still haven't added the $80 to my balance but I'll see what happens when I do.

I've Been Here Awhile

Only 250mb Data package available

Hey,

i just bought a Rogers SIM and a voucher to top it up.

When setting up the Pay As You Go service, i could only choose the 100mb or the 250mb data addon.

I want to use the 1gb data addon at 30$ listed in the shop.

How can i activate this addon?

@cyler ....your best bet would be to call 1 800 575 9090  option 4 option 4 option 1 and talk to a CSR . 

I suspect that since what you want is an add on you will have to purchase at least  a $10 a month plan first  . I don't see anything in the fine print about it ...but it may be in deeper than I looked .

For situations like this it sucks that Rogers no longer has  the yearly "Anytime" plan and then you could use part of the plan cost to pay for the add on.   ....But that's likely why they did away with it  . Smiley Sad  

I've Been Around

How to Top Up $180 / yr Unl EW & Ca Text Messaging plan

When trying to top up or renew for the year, how do you top this up?  The highest option for top up is $100, so not sure what to do?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Oddbob : It appears your post may have been moved to this thread.  Have a look at the following post and the links there. It appears you can only top up certain amounts, so you will need to do multiple top-ups to get to $180 (per the 180 thread).

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Topping-up-my-Pay-as-you-go-phone/m-p/427225#M27...

The other option is to call them instead and I've provided that link in the link above as well.

Topic Stats