Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

How do I pay for Pay As You Go?

I signed up for a $10 Pay as you go plan last month. I attempted to pay online through My Rogers a couple days prior to this first month expiring. The balance was 0$ and when I put another $10 on the credit card it went to -$10. Maybe I was paying in the wrong place, but I have given ten bucks to Rogers for this month. Tried to talk to someone on Live Chat - they don't deal with pay as you go. Went to a physical store today - they don't deal with pay as you go.  Can't call the Rogers1 number (or any number now) because they haven't accepted the payment for this month, plus I don't really want to deal with a call centre on a pay as you go phone. The usage and services screen says that I have 23 days remaining in this cycle, and that I've used 1 minute of talk, so I thought maybe that payment took, despite it still showing a balance of -$10, but I received messages the last couple of days informing that the service required payment. Tried going to autotopup (where maybe I was supposed to go first, but I don't see a clear link to there on the MyRogers page for my account). It seems to take me to the same screen where I've already paid $10.

I'm a Senior Advisor

You can reach PayGo at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

How does Top Up work for Pay as you Go?

A year ago, I purchased the $180 for 1 year Pay as you Go plan, and I want to renew the same plan for the next year. I accessed my Rogers account online and it said I had $0.00 as my current account balance and an expiry date of Aug. 27, 2018. I clicked the Top Up button and purchased $100 for my account balance and pushed my expiry date to a year later (Aug 2019). My current account balance also says $100 now. My current plan is $180 for a year though, so do I have to add another $80 to my account balance to use the $180 for 1 year plan or am I good?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@ericah38If you now show a balance of $100 that expires in a year, it looks like you have been put back to the grandfathered talk anytime plan without all the bells and whistles and free stuff of the $180 plan, which carries no balance.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It may also be that, as discussed in the $180 thread, the amount you're allowed to add must equal a voucher value, so you'll need to add another $40, then another $40.  This information comes purely from reading that ($180) thread and not from any personal experience.  This doesn't even account for taxes, so again, the Rogers payment system for PAYGo is "really weird".

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/1-year-unlimited-for-180/m-p/425277#M2732

You may wish to call them instead. Here's the contact information for PAYGo:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Pay-as-You-Go/Pay-as-you-go-Data-add-on-not-processed/m-p/42689...

I'm Here A Lot

Ok, so to use the $180 a year plan again I'll have to add $40 then $40 again so that my balance is at $180, and then I'm good. Is that right?

Also, thanks for the answers! This is my first time using the community forums.

I'm Here A Lot

Oh and another thing,

I don't really know what the Talk Anytime plan features are, but the texts I've sent after adding just $100 are still free and show up as $0.00 each on my transaction history.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@ericah38 wrote:

Oh and another thing,

I don't really know what the Talk Anytime plan features are, but the texts I've sent after adding just $100 are still free and show up as $0.00 each on my transaction history.

But your original $180 plan doesn't expire until Aug 27  right ?  I suspect that means it's pricing will be in effect until then regardless of the balance in your account .  

I would expect   that on the 27th , if you have a $180 balance  in your account they will likely renew your current plan for another year . I expect you  could add  another $100 or two $40s to get to that balance . If on the 28 th they haven't renewed your current  $180 plan for another year I'd be on the phone asking why .

I also suspect that the $100 expiry date  that you are currently seeing is meaningless to your situation  ...other than that is what the computer thinks it should be since you added a $100 voucher.

I'm Here A Lot

Ok, that clears things up. Thank you so much!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have a question regarding these top-ups.  If you top up using say $100, does your credit card get billed for $113 (due to tax). I would expect that for $180 (100 + 40 + 40?), you end up being billed for $203.40 total?  I know that on my $10/mo "auto-top ups" every month I get charged $11.30 on my credit card.

I just want to make sure that you have enough on your account to cover an actual $180...

Topic Stats