Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Hello

I am trying to top up my pay as you go Samsung phone from Rogers.

There are currently no minutes left on it.

I followed the instructions on both the $100.00 card but that just tells you that you don't have any minutes left...DUH, I knw that.

I also followed the instructions on my sales receipt from today but it tells me that it doesn't recognize the PIN.

I tried it numerous times to ensure that I was typing the PIN correctly but to no avail.

I also went on to this site to top it up but it is asking me for a 4 digit code which I have no idea what that is>

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

the PIN wont be anywhere on the pay as u go voucher,  its a PIN that you had to either choose or was assigned to you at the time of activation.   Which store did you go to?  did u keep your documentation? look at the paper work they gave you they might have put the Pay As U Go Refill pin on there, if u dont know it you would hafto call pay as u go customer care and reset it to a new one and make sure you keep it somewhere safe afterwards.

I'm Here A Lot

If my Pay As You Go  account is still over $150,can I still use $100 of my current balance to extend my due date by 1 year?I was able to do it in 2014.If so,what is the current Rogers contact number?

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @a084299 

You can get in contact with our Pay As You Go customer service at 1-800-575-9090 to review your options for account. Smiley Happy

@RogersPrasana 

I'm Here A Lot

The reason I asked relates to an acquaintance who recentlly tried to do it like last year.Here is part of a message sent to me:

As you know my cell phone account was coming due so I tried the same thing I did last year. I found that it is no longer possible to talk to a real person. I tried two numbers, 1-866 566 8343  and  1-800 575 9090. The first number is more general but essentially you get to the same place as the second one and the only assistance offered is a direction to their web site.

On Roger's website,under Activation & Top Up,there is a number 1-866 594 9456.What purpose does this serve?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hey @a084299 

If you’re having difficulties reaching a live agent follow these steps. Call 1-800-575-9090 (Prepaid Department) Press option 4 - Option 4 again - Then option 1 to reach a live agent. Tested it myself and it indeed works!  Hopes this helps! Smiley Happy

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks;I am not due for a couple of months,but will give it a try then.However,I am still curious about the functionality of the 1-866-594 9456,the so called Activation & Top Up number.It is on Roger's website,so what is it's purpose?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@a084299 When I called the number, an automatic messages stated "This number is for GSM Activations only if your are looking for customer Service Please visit the website ". After letting the message play out it stated that i was going to be transferred to an agent. It took me to the prepaid department as well. Looks like this number is just a different way to route into the prepaid department and was probably meant specifically for activations and top ups. Hope this helps Smiley Happy

I'm a Senior Advisor

a084299 wrote:

If my Pay As You Go  account is still over $150,can I still use $100 of my current balance to extend my due date by 1 year?I was able to do it in 2014.If so,what is the current Rogers contact number?

I had been able to apply $100 of my balance towards another year at my local Rogers store up until this year when I was told they "never" did that at the store and gave me the 1-800-575-9090 number.  I could not find an option to apply my balance using that number, but apparently pressing "4" is supposed to get you a live person. Anyway, I called the regular Rogers number (1-888-764-3771) and hit "0" repeatedly until I got a live person to transfer me to the right department.

Drawing from your balance to renew is not a publicized option, but it's available.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello is there a phone number that I can use to contact rogers ...are you hiding it or what

Topic Stats