Topping up my Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Topping up my Pay as you go phone

@Mettiti : Apparently you can purchase/use a voucher, as discussed in the Pre-Paid FAQ at the bottom of the following link:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/COVID-19

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Metta  You can purchase a voucher at any of the retail outlets in the FAQ and call the PayGo number (1-800-575-9090, option 4, option 4) and quote the receipt number and your PIN to top up.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
ravkiratbaweja
I've Been Around

HI there I uses pay as you go
service. My plan is $10 talk and text
plan. At start of month I added a topup
by contacting customer service. The agent
told me that rogers is offering
free calling until june 30 as of covid-19
As of that I exahausted all my minutes
and now I had to add money again.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ravkiratbaweja : I'm not sure if I understand your post, but here are a few comments:

1. Every month you'll still need to pay the $10 for Talk/Text. This gives you access to Rogers network (and normally a certain amount of calls/texts).

2. Although some calling (Canada Wide Calls) is free during COVID-19, and you shouldn't be charged for these calls, other calls, texts, data may still result in charges to your bill.

3. Let's say your Talk/Text normally gets you 50 minutes of calls, what happens during the time of COVID-19 is that you can call for as long as you like Canada Wide without incurring charges, instead of getting charged for any calls after 50 minutes (for example).

4. Texting will still be charged and you still have to pay your $10/mo.

For example, I'm on the Anytime plan and I still need to pay $10/month for access to the system, although during COVID-19, I'm not getting billed anything for my (Canadian) calls.

Sarcee
I Plan to Stick Around

I am on the PAYGO $10. month talk and text plan, with the automatic top up. I have a new phone and am going to switch to another carrier very soon.

Does Rogers require a cancellation notice period?

RogersMaude

Good day @Sarcee,

Thanks for your post! I hope you and yours are staying safe. 🙂 We're sorry to see you contemplating changing service provider for your prepaid line.

If you wish to keep your current phone number with the new carrier, they will be porting it over to your new line with them. That transaction will generate the cancellation of your actual Pay As You Go account. There is no cancellation notice period required.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude