Talk plan + add on // voucher

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Talk plan + add on // voucher

Hi,

I do have problems to understand how this prepaid plans work, so I hope someone could help me with that:

1. If it is possible I want a pay per use plan with a data-add on, so I would choose the "Talk Anytime plan" (45ct/min). I do not have to pay a certain "basic" price for PPU, is that correct?
And than I would purchase the Monthly Wireless Internet Add-on 1 GB ($30).

- The description says "PAY BY THE MINUTE –TALK PLANS Make occasional and emergency calls or text and use Wireless Internet on a regular pay-per-use basis. Wireless internet available with Wireless Internet Add-ons."
- But in the data add-on section (+) SEE FULL DETAILS they say: "Not compatible with monthly Talk, Text and Data plans"

So which of the information is correct?

2. I know that mobile prepaid plans are without taxes, too, right? 
But what is about vouchers? Do I have to pay taxes here ($10 top up + tax)?

3. Does the prepaid balance/top-ups at rogers also expire after a certain time like at TELUS?
I've never heard of that before.   

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
Tanja    

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Talk plan + add on // voucher

1 ... read it carefully... all the info seems to be correct ... you seem to be missing that the talk, text and data plans are seperate plans that start at  $30 ... I assume that you can't add more data to those plans with the data add on. 

2 ...you pay tax on the vouchers when you buy them .... unfortunately ,there is no escaping the tax.  Smiley Wink

3... I think most of the top ups in the situation you are describing are  going to be  good for  just thirty days  but any remaining   balance will carry forward as long as you maintain a positive balance (be sure to have enough in your account when payment is due for the data add on ) . A $60  voucher may get you a longer expiry date but your data plan will use that balance way before that expiry  date. 

I hope that helps .

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

1 ... read it carefully... all the info seems to be correct ... you seem to be missing that the talk, text and data plans are seperate plans that start at  $30 ... I assume that you can't add more data to those plans with the data add on. 

2 ...you pay tax on the vouchers when you buy them .... unfortunately ,there is no escaping the tax.  Smiley Wink

3... I think most of the top ups in the situation you are describing are  going to be  good for  just thirty days  but any remaining   balance will carry forward as long as you maintain a positive balance (be sure to have enough in your account when payment is due for the data add on ) . A $60  voucher may get you a longer expiry date but your data plan will use that balance way before that expiry  date. 

I hope that helps .

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So I'm going to choose the PPU plan without basic costs and add the data add-on for $30.
Thank you very much!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I just wanted to activate my sim card and choose pay by the minute (45ct / Min.). But at the add-on-part I am only able to take one of these:

$15/ month 100 MB data add-on for BlackBerry smartphones    $15.00
$15 /month for 250 MB data add-on    $15.00
$10/month for 100 MB data   $ 10.00

Why isn't it possible to purchase 1 GB there?

Highlighted

My best guess would  be that you don't have a high enough balance in the account   and it is not showing you the 1and 2  gig options 

That is just a guess on my part though and maybe someone from Rogers paygo could come along here  and tell you for sure  .   Smiley LOLSmiley LOL