cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Paygo to monthly

Eva3
I've been around

I'm a senior with the $ 10 talk & text plan and I plan to be in another province for for 2 months so it seems I'll not be able to receive or make calls from the new province. I tried to choose a new plan online from my Rogers and select the Share everything $ 65 and got the message 'Sorry something went wrong'' so I tried the live chat and after 10 minutes of explaining my situation they told the live chat is not for prepaid.

In summary : Can I switch from my current plan to a monthly plan online ? Can I do from my smartphone ? 

Which will be the best plan to have Canada wide calls for these 2 months ?

Thank you

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Switching from Paygo to monthly

RogersMaude

Good evening @Eva3,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for posting!

I completely understand your desire to ensue that you're covered for additional usage if you're going to be travelling for a couple months.

If you want to keep your prepaid plan the same, it'll be functional. Long distance is charged at the per-minute rate plus your regular airtime rate. That means that you simply need to make sure that you have enough in your balance to cover the usage you'll be making.

You could also add a North American (Canada and U.S.) Long Distance Preferred Rate Add-on to save! Call anywhere in Canada and the U.S. for only 10¢/minute - that's 75% off the North American long distance per-minute rate. The feature is $5 per month.

If you're thinking of going for a monthly plan, you need to create a new account and a credit check is required. If it's only going to be for a limited amount of time, this may not be the simplest solution.

To discuss this matter with a representative of our Pay-As-You-Go department, simply dial 1-800-575-9090. To reach an agent quickly, pick the language in which you wish to continue, then choose option 4 and option 4 again. At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, press 1 to speak with someone.

For more information on your options, visit www.rogers.com/paygo!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation