Switching PayGo plans

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Switching PayGo plans

Hello, @323132

Thank you for confirming your account type. The Pay As You Go accounts works a little different than postpaid accounts. I suggest reaching out to our Pay As You Go department to get the accurate information regarding your query. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@323132 .... please let us know what the answer is to your query  .  I asked why there are so few staff paygo responses here and was informed that this is basically a customer to customer forum and that Rogers staff are not going to go out of their way to answer paygo questions so please share with the rest of us what you find out regarding the mid month plan switch  .  

Thank you ahead of time for sharing .  

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

PayGo is not a big money maker, so gets little mainstram support.  For assistance you can reach PayGo at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

Sure it's not a big money maker ... but I expect it is a starting point for many people ... and if you get poor service  with paygo  why would you ever upgrade to a post paid plan . 

And really ...I have called in to get answers for fellow posters  here just so I would know the answer as well ...  and I don't get PAID to be here  ... Smiley LOL

I'm a Senior Advisor

Whether it is a money maker, if that is their attitude, it is short sighted.  It is an entry point for many, it can lead eventually to other plans, puchase of phones, and taking on other services.  They way they are treated will determine whether they want to consider other service options of the whole range, and poor customer service is not going to encourage that.

It may be true, but shortsighted and disrespectful of a group of customers - and lets not forget word of mouth advertising.

I moved my services up after pay as you go, and going back soon, as I no longer need full plans anymore.  Do they want me as a customer or not is what I say.

bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

And as a final note - in the forums, it has a section in wireless for pay as you go.

If no expert is going to take responsibility for that area, or at least a mod, then why include it.

If you put it there, support it - yes, it is customer to customer, but mods do add information from Rogers as it comes, and experts support the area.

Do it or don't do it, make a decision, but don't use the explanation that it is peer to peer, very few customers, go to the pay as you go number etc, if you are going to maintain this section on the forums.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, we need to talk to an agent by calling 18005759090, 4-4-1. I got a refund for my previous plan. Regards. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

Sure it's not a big money maker ... but I expect it is a starting point for many people ... and if you get poor service  with paygo  why would you ever upgrade to a post paid plan . 

And really ...I have called in to get answers for fellow posters  here just so I would know the answer as well ...  and I don't get PAID to be here  ... Smiley LOL

It was a starting point for me, before there were smart phones. And I still use it with a very basic smart phone.  There are mods here who understand PayGo.  But PayGo has also branched off into various more expensive hybrid plans where you aren't able to keep track of your usage lime the basic plan.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

Does tracking your usage not depend on how much you use it?

Even the basic plan doesn't keep track of the  usage for you does it ...other than to record the last 20 transactions or so .  Doesn"t it  just keeps track of that limited number  of transactions whether it takes you a week or a month to do that many transactions ? 

So the prepaid data addon plans won't keep a running total of how much you have used ?

Highlighted

Just to clarify  ... ! went and counted and it seems to be 60 lines of type  ...so 30 texts in and out  and you are off the page  and I don't see anywhere where you can review that information  once it is off the page ...is there an option for that some where ?