cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up prepaid plan

newuser12345
I've been here awhile

I got my son a new phone and finally figured out how to set up the SIM. I am choosing the $120/ year plan, and I am at the screen for payment, but 1. I still don't have a phone number and 2. Why do i need to choose a top up amount if I choose the $120/yr plan? 

*Edited Labels*

31 REPLIES 31

Re: Setting up prepaid plan

Yes, as per my post, Rogers engineers are apparently working on resolving the problem.  What I don't understand is why they haven't been able to fix it yet.   As you can imagine I'm kind of tired of having to call the Pay As You Go Support line by now.    

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

Just  curious @min99  .... have you been  approached yet   with any assistance  to help with the protocol to  get through your issue ?

No one has approached me.  Once I notice that my account is depleted, I have to call Rogers Pay As you Go to get the account credited again. Although they're aware of the issue, they apparently still haven't figured out how to resolve it.

barndoor

@min99  ...  I went and googled your issue since you don't seem to be getting any  helpful assistance here. I found a couple of old discussions on  this same practise on an independent  board   ...one a year ago and one a little older . The solution seemed  to be either live with calling in to correct it  or change providers or plans .   Seemed a little drastic but   sounded like the simplest way to deal with it when it seems to be a long standing issue.  Kind of sucks to be stuck in the plan  for a year  ... but at least you are part way through it.  

I do wonder though  if there  might be either a phone setting  on your end or a computer glitch type issue on their end that just won't get resolved unless someone is willing to take the time to sit down and either reboot something or go through your account with a fine tooth comb to see what might be sending things haywire .

If no body is going to step up and actually  help   though ...your choices are pretty slim . 

Good Luck  and please come back and tell us if you find a fix .  Smiley Happy

barndoor

@min99 ,I went back and read some more  ....  I was left with the impression that there are staff at Rogers that know how to fix the situation  ..you just need to keep calling till you get the right person  I guess .  

Good luck . 

min99
I'm here a lot

Well, it's now September.  I renewed the plan again for a year and, yet, the underlying problem about time zone billing errors is not resolved!! Rogers is completely incompetent!!

Hi @min99

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums!

While we'd love to help you with this, we're unable to directly assist with Pay As You Go issues through the forums.

We would highly recommend that you call in and speak with our Pay As You Go support department. They will be able to look into this issue at length and figure out what's going on.

You can reach them at 1-800-575-9090

To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again.  At the end of the information on how to contact us, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

RogersPrasana

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but...

Just as an FYI for those people on Rogers PAYGo who have been using Auto-Top-up and receiving an additional 10% credit (for example an extra $1 if you auto-top-up $10 each month), this "bonus" apparently ended on November 16, 2017.

I called in when I didn't see it this month and was told that a text was sent out, however, I checked my phone and didn't see a text. No matter, it was nice while it lasted for 3+ years.

min99
I'm here a lot

Well, it's now January 2018 and I am still having the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@min99 wrote:

Well, it's now January 2018 and I am still having the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you call per the suggestion in post 28?

Hello again @min99,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing the same issue with your Prepaid account.

I know how frustrating this must be. Smiley Embarassed

Did you follow the steps outlined by @RogersPrasana as per MESSAGE 28 of 31?

It would be ideal if you spoke with one of our trained Pay-As-You-Go representative.

This would give them the chance to investigate this thoroughly and maybe open a ticket for our Back Office team to look into it, in order to resolve the problem once and for all.

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 in conversation