cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers outage compensation for PayGo customers

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I'm seeing a lot of Rogers customers now reporting receiving compensation equivalent to 5 days service on their bills. But how will PayGo customers be compensated  and when? There are several different prepaid plans. I have a grandfathered "Talk Anytime" plan to which I subscribe at $100 each year, but can roll over my balance if I don't use it all. Once I have a balance well over $100 I can use that towards another year's subscription.  So figuring out the value of the 5 days I lost would be a puzzle. However, at $100/year five days would be the princely sum of $1.34. Or, they could just extend my renewal date by 5 days. So far I have seen neither. Just curious if ant other PayGo customers have been compensated, and how.

***Edited Labels***

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers outage compensation for PayGo customers

RogersMoin

Hello, @OLDYELLR.

Thanks for being part of the Rogers Community; we’re so glad you’re here.

I can appreciate your curiosity; prepaid members on a monthly or annual plan will receive a credit based on five days’ worth of their service.

The five-day credit will be automatically added to your account, and there is no action required from your end.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RogersMoin

Hello, @OLDYELLR.

I can appreciate your curiosity; prepaid members on a monthly or annual plan will receive a credit based on five days’ worth of their service.

The five-day credit will be automatically added to your account, and there is no action required from your end.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

How and when will the five-day credit will be added?  I still see the same expiry date on my Bill Summary.

Greetings @OLDYELLR,

I hope you've been doing well! 🙂

From my understanding, the credit will be automatically applied to eligible plans during August or September at the latest. If you don't see the credit applied by end of September, I'd recommend reaching out directly to our Pay As You Go team to inquire further.

Kind regards!

RogersYasmine

I received notice of my PAYGo Anytime plan Auto Top-up today and it was for the full $10.  However, I have noticed over the years that I'm not paying $10/calendar-month, but rather $10 each 31 days. So each month that follows a month that has 30 days, my billing date is extended by 1 day (3 days in March since February has 28 days).  This means that over the last 2 years, my billing date has moved by about 12 days to my benefit. 

This only happens when I'm actually paying the $10/month, not if I pay $100 from my balance to suspend payments for a (calendar) year.  I have a high enough balance again now to do this, so I'll likely give PAYGo CSRs a call soon. 

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

I received notice of my PAYGo Anytime plan Auto Top-up today and it was for the full $10.  However, I have noticed over the years that I'm not paying $10/calendar-month, but rather $10 each 31 days. So each month that follows a month that has 30 days, my billing date is extended by 1 day (3 days in March since February has 28 days).  This means that over the last 2 years, my billing date has moved by about 12 days to my benefit. 

This only happens when I'm actually paying the $10/month, not if I pay $100 from my balance to suspend payments for a (calendar) year.  I have a high enough balance again now to do this, so I'll likely give PAYGo CSRs a call soon. 

I pay annually, from my balance if it's well over $100. Going back through my records, my renewal date was September 16th in 2017 and now it's September 24th. Probably changed from renewing late. I believe there's a 14 day period of grace to renew without losing your balance, or worse, your phone number.

So did you receive a free $10 top-up as compensation? How were you notified? I haven't seen anything yet, but that may not happen until the end of September.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

So did you receive a free $10 top-up as compensation? How were you notified? I haven't seen anything yet, but that may not happen until the end of September.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I paid my $10 per month as usual. There was no compensation this month.  I get a free text from Rogers whenever the Auto-Pay goes through to my Rogers MasterCard.

Any compensation would only be about $1.61, so I'm not really concerned, especially in light of what I stated in my previous post.

fiona59
I plan to stick around

Hold on, I though us PAYGO peons had lost all of these services and had to call in and to pay via a customer service rep who then tries to sell you a plan

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fiona59 : I'm not sure what you're asking or if your question is directed at me, but.

1. I'm on Auto-Pay, so I only need to contact a CSR every year or two to use my balance to suspend payments for a year.  I would also contact a CSR if something went amiss, but that hasn't happened to me in years.  I guess I'll have to call in once my credit card (CC) expires since it appears you cannot update that online any more.

2. If your CC is on file with Rogers, you should be able to top up whatever amount you like by calling the PAYGo number and using the options available?

3. If you aren't on Auto-Pay or Auto-Top-UP or don't have your CC on file, then perhaps you'll have to go through the menus to talk to a CSR. See instructions below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Archived-Posts/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891/highlight/t...

4. I'm not sure if it's possible to input a CC and amount via the phone menu system since I've never had the need.  It would be easy for you to give that a try.

5. I've always found that there's very little wait for a CSR with the PAYGo phone number.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Each day I check into Community Forums, I start with my Bill Summary  to see if I've been compensated. So far nothing,  but it's supposed to be August or September, so I'm still waiting... My PayGo renewal is in another couple of weeks, but I'm not worried. While I was inconvenienced with no service and may have missed a lucrative job offer or lottery win, I still deserve compensation. Still waiting.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @OLDYELLR.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I don't know about the rebate getting automatically added on the grandfathered annual plan I have and haven't seen anything whenever I've checked my balance. However, since my  balance expires tomorrow (Saturday, September 24th) I called today to top up with $100 from my balance of $174. I asked about the outage rebate and the agent added $2 to my balance for the 5 days. All is good. Thanks Rogers!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also just called in to use $100 from my balance to preclude payments for the next year. When I asked about compensation for the July outage, the CSR said it should have been done automatically, but when he checked he didn't see it, so he put in a credit (rounded up to) $2. He said it may be because I'm still on the grandfathered Anytime plan instead of one of the current plans.

I also noticed that there were a number of spam messages in September and asked for a credit for those.  He gave me a credit no problem, especially since he could see that I had reported all the various spam messages to 7726.  He even went back a few months and gave me credit for spam back to June, but he could see no further back in time. I usually don't bother if I get 1-2 spams a month, but he said if I call in every 3-4 months, he can provide credit for any spam I receive...  In the end he rounded up all my credits to $10.  Nice guy!

I have always found the PAYGo CSRs to be very helpful and friendly.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

I also noticed that there were a number of spam messages in September and asked for a credit for those.  He gave me a credit no problem, especially since he could see that I had reported all the various spam messages to 7726.  He even went back a few months and gave me credit for spam back to June, but he could see no further back in time. I usually don't bother if I get 1-2 spams a month, but he said if I call in every 3-4 months, he can provide credit for any spam I receive...  In the end he rounded up all my credits to $10.  Nice guy!

I have always found the PAYGo CSRs to be very helpful and friendly.

I meant to ask for credit on spam because I've been saving my transactions, but hadn't added them up and forgot. One of these days I'll do that if it amounts to a  substantial sum. I too forward them to SPAM right away and notice lately I have not been charged after I do that.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 5 in conversation