Prepaid to Postpaid - Will I lose my PAYGO balance?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Prepaid to Postpaid - Will I lose my PAYGO balance?

Yes, I realize that, but thank you for pointing it out.  I will top-up $20.00, of which I will use in about 8 months time.  So again, no matter how you look at it, (in my case anyway), I am ahead.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

You're also correct about the "Being offered 6 months for $50 out of your balance is unusual because normally a $50 top up is only good for 30 days."  The CS rep said that I can ONLY do the $50.00 deal, even after I asked them to do the 1 year $100.00 deal.  Only after I reiterated that I wanted to do the 1 year $100 deal, did they say that I could do that.  I am wondering if they are offering that to force you to renew in 6 months, which by that time, things may have changed.  This way, I am locked into a 1 year deal, which I prefer.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Being offered 6 months for $50 out of your balance is unusual because normally a $50 top up is only good for 30 days.

I see on the prepaid top up page they don't even offer a $50  voucher anymore .  It will be interesting to see how this all goes .

Thanks for sharing  how it went @newjeep721    . Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Being offered 6 months for $50 out of your balance is unusual because normally a $50 top up is only good for 30 days.

I see on the prepaid top up page they don't even offer a $50  voucher anymore .  It will be interesting to see how this all goes .

Thanks for sharing  how it went @newjeep721    . Smiley Happy

When I go to my Bills & Payments page and click TOP UP NOW, I can select any amount from $20 to $95 in $5 increments for 30 days, or $100 for 365 days.  When I got to Shop, Prepaid, Top Up Now, VOUCHERS, it says I can add airtime in $10*, $20, $30, $40 and $100.  Again, all payments are good for 30 days except $100  is good for 365 days.

* Only available for the Talk Anytime plan. 

It's odd that on this page a $10 payment is available because I thought I had the Talk Anytime plan,  just didn't know it was called that. In any case it says one thing in one place and another thing elsewhere.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

I wonder if they are switching to the $50 for 6 months  arrangement so people can stay under the $150 max easier.  ..

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm thinking the opposite.  I think that they don't want you to lock into a 1 year deal using your balance, as they are going to do away with using your balance to Top-up very soon.

Highlighted

@newjeep721 wrote:

I'm thinking the opposite.  I think that they don't want you to lock into a 1 year deal using your balance, as they are going to do away with using your balance to Top-up very soon.

I agree .   It is likely going to be phased out  ...just a question of how long it has .  They have apparently offered deals to the end of 2019  so I'd be using whatever strategy gets you to that point and gets your balance down as much as possible . That puts the customer in a much better negotiating position should Rogers  make the move to cancel it .   Smiley Sad

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@newjeep721 wrote:

At the end of this year the maximum balance will be capped at $130.  By now everybody ought to know that you can use funds from your unused balance to renew by phoning PayGo.  But it is a bit shady of Rogers not to make this fact known on the website or make it possible to do it on line. In my view anyone who has accumulated a balance of hundreds of dollars, not knowing the surplus can be used to renew, is quite happy with paying $100/year for the service when heavy smatphone users pay $100/month and more. I do agree that $100/a year for PayGo is not a big money maker for Rogers, but while other carriers have prepaid plans that are competitive or even better, it's a way hang on to customers until they may want to upgrade to something more lucrative. Today the Internet is rife with vertical videos from cellphones and more and more people are ditching their computers for those infernal devices.

Highlighted

@OLDYELLR wrote:

At the end of this year the maximum balance will be capped at $130. 

Isn't it  $150 ? 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:

At the end of this year the maximum balance will be capped at $130. 

Isn't it  $150 ? 

You're right. $150. I was thinking about the approximately $130 balance I would gave in September after I renew.