Prepaid plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Prepaid plan

Good day @drogo123n,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

I apologize for the delayed response Smiley Embarassed.

I hope you were able to get your issue sorted since you last posted.

I definitely wish to help you shed some light on our Pay As You Go plans.

With regards to the $10 Talk Plan, you don't get an automatic amount deducted because you don't pay for any other services than the minutes billed at $0.45/minute.Sans titre.png

In the case of the $15 plan, you don't get any "basic minutes" because you get unlimited text, picture and video messaging.
Sans titre.png

You therefore need to Top Up, in order to use the 0.30$/minute anytime local calls.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The $15 plan is supposed to be Talk & Text plan.  I don't know why Rogers insist customer to put in more money in order to talk.  I was texting and talking with $10 plan and money always deducted from the $10 I put in.  Perhaps 

I was not in $10 plan but $10 voucher?  I don't know.  All I know by using Auto Top up, my credit card got charged $10 + tax per month.

Anyway, I switched from $10/month to $20 plan on May 1.  My receipt said $20 + tax but my credit card bill have two $20 + tax charges from Rogers.  Why am I charged twice?  Do Rogers charge a month in advanced?  If so, when I cancel at May 31, do I get my $20 + tax back?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just to ad to  @drogo123n 's  questions ,   does that $15 plan  fee not mean that if you want to make 5 minutes of  calls during the month it is essentially a $25 dollar cost a month  because you would have to top up with  an extra $10 a month to cover it ? Can you even ad a ten dollar voucher  to that or will that work because  the talk anytime portion  does support $10 vouchers ? 

Why is there no mention of the $100 vouchers or top ups on that pricing page ??  Smiley Frustrated

If Rogers had not hidden it on the back voucher page only, you likely would have still had a customer !!! 

If using a credit card for $100 top up you actually get an extra 10% ...so $110 dollars of value  and a time frame of a year so for a years service  it would have only cost him $ 200 in $100 top ups a year assuming 5 minutes of calls a month . The same service  with a $15 plan plus 10 for talk time is   $287  for the same time and service !!!

And why is it that they don't put it out there that it is an ADDITIONAL  $.50 a minute for long distance rather than hiding that in the fine print . The way that reads to me  as presented is that calls are 30 cents for local and 50 cents for long distance.

And while I'm asking  , why is there no mention anywhere of the 911 fee  , is it included ,is it extra, what gives?

It's not even in the fine print that I can find . 

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Talk Anytime removed?

Hi

I was looking for the Rogers Talk anytime pay as you go plan, but I was unable to find it. I remember looking a year ago and it was there, where you would pay 30c/text and 50c/minute with no monthly charges. The website mentions a "Pay by the minute" plan which makes me think it is available. Is this plan no longer available? 

Thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers prepaid plans and pricing increase constantly to stay ahead of inflation. The only way to get better deals is to switch providers. Here is what is available now.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/plans?cm_sp=wireless-_-pay_as_you_go-_-plans_ban...,

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Darn, so are I can't do the "Pay per minute" style plan anymore? I assume the next best option would be the 10$ one which would probably work as well.

*EDIT* I should add it is the one that @RogersMaude mentioned in their post a few months earlier, the "Talk Anytime" one, is it gone for good? I've included an image : original.png

I'm a Senior Advisor

Plox wrote:

Darn, so are I can't do the "Pay per minute" style plan anymore? I assume the next best option would be the 10$ one which would probably work as well.

The basic pay-per-minute plan is well hidden and not promoted. That $10 option is only to top up an existing balance. I get the $100 one because it's good for a whole year and after a couple or more years you can use $100 from your balance, if you have it, to get the next year "free".

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_topup_vouchers

I've Been Around

Rogers, I was wondering where is the $100/year pay as you go plan?

I was wondering if the $100/year pay as you go plan (option 1: unlimited text + 100 local mins or option 2: 100 local mins + unlimited calling after 6pm weekdays and unlimited calling weekends) is still available? What is the next best option for those who want to use the yearly plans.

Thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Loung I have the basic $100/year plan, $0.30 for texts, $0.35/minute for calls, unused balance rolls over. There was a $100/year plan as you describe, but it went up to $120.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Does the "basic" pay as you go  by the minute plan exist for new customers  any more ?   I realize that  those of us (like @OLDYELLR)   who previously   purchased the "basic" plan have grandfathered access to it and it's pricing  but as @Plox mentioned above it seems that the only   "new"  paygo  protocol   that one can subscribe to  has a minimum monthly fee of $10.   I assume this means you can still buy a  $ 100  top up card   ....just  that it will never last you more than 10 months unless you have a grandfathered plan  .

Anyone have any clarification on where this is at  now ? 

@OLDYELLR..... I see that the $120  plan has now graduated  $180 . 

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 in conversation