Paygo Renewal Nightmare

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Paygo Renewal Nightmare

I am more than frustrated with my Paygo account. I have Unlimited Evenings and Weekend that was to expire Jan 14. Expecting to have problems with the renewal , I tried Online Chat on Saturday only to be told that it was not available to Paygo Customers.

As my plan was to expire tomorrow , I intended to go online and renew it today through my account. Before I did that , I turned my phone on and received a message stating that I did not have sufficient funds in my account to cover the renewal of my plan and I was now on Pay Per Use despite having Auto Top Up activated.

I signed into my account and the only option I was present with was a payment of $100 ( which I didn't want as I have an $85 / year plan and my account had a balance of $19 ). Not wanting to lose my plan or have a problem , I processed a payment of $100 which was accepted and showed up on my account however , my account shows UNLIMITED TEXTING  and not the Unlimited Evenings and Weekends I had on my original plan.

With no other choice , I called Customer Care and the CSR assurred me that I have Unlimited Evenings and she could not explain why it shows Unlimited Text or send me any sort of confirmation that I have Unlimited Evenings. She also told me that I can use Online Chat and was surprised when I told her that I'd tried it and was told it was not available to Paygo customers.

This is the response I received when I tried it the other day

Unfortunately, we do not have access to Pay Go accounts here but I can give you the Pay As You Go direct line

As well , this page states that Online Chat is not available to Paygo clients

http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/cuscare_ECare_landing.php?s=17

I am beyond frustrated with this and I want to be assured that I have the Plan I was promised

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Paygo Renewal Nightmare

sounds frustrating... I'd defiantly try calling in again and speaking with another agent - If it's showing unlimited text then of course i would ASSUME  you got that feature in error - Hopefully calling in the next agent can correct it and add the correct Feature of unlimited E&W... 

If something doesn't sound right then it normally isn't... 

I'd call and confirm what you have as features since renewing before your top up is spent on the usage that is suppose to be covered... 

I Plan to Stick Around

I DID call again and the agent did her best to help me. Once again , I found it frustrating because she assured me that I had the correct plan , but when I asked for an email confirmation , she said she wasn't able to provide that. I understand that Paygo is NOT a contract-style plan , but I expect better service nonetheless. The most frustrating thing is that when you speak with someone , they treat Paygo as a separate company as though it has nothing to do with Rogers...really annoying

I Plan to Stick Around

I have suffered similar situation, having live-chat try to say they cannot help me and want me to call customer service instead.  I refused to give up, and was transferred to another live-chat agent....and then to another one, who told me I had reached the right place! HALLELUYAH!  the live-chat is for Pay as you Go  technical problems, with the website, etc.  the phone line is for problems with Pay as you Go billing.  I had contacted them about only being able to see 60 items of my transaction history (not good enough, when its 60 zeros for texts!). However, to speak to a customer service human being, dial 1 800 575 9090, when the phone tree starts asking questions, answer 4, then another 4, then a 1....and a live person will come on the line!  Wishing you luck!  If that doesn't work, try using "Share a Concern" and someone higher-up will contact you, it worked for me, and I was helped finally by someone who had the patience to listen to me. Only had a cell phone about 3 weeks, and the learning curve has not been pleasant, believe me, but I'm beginning to settle down, hoping you can resolve your issues too.

I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed...the simplest tasks seem way too complicated ...