PayGO phone number reassigned

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: PayGO phone number reassigned

Now I am just stating that Rogers has the obvious right to cancel a number after a certain period of inactivity, there is other ways around it, you can set up your pay as u go line to do an automatic top up of $10 dollars every month, (if such service exists, I do not know if such service exists because I do not work for this company)

You could also have a relitive like a daughter or son handle the logistics of a parents account and do the toping up on their behalf.

I too HAD an elderly grandparent who unfortunately died recently, but He was pretty good with handling his phone issues, and when he was not able to, he simply gave us permission to do things for him like top up his airtime or pay his bill for him every month. 

Yes I get it that old people can not read the terms and conditions nor can they understand them,  and you know what? that is not just an issue with rogers, that is a big issue in life, if all the companies have to "modify" their terms and conditions for elderly people that would be very challenging and unfair to corporations.  This is not a new senario and it happens all the time, that is why we have family and what family is for, family is here to help old people when they can not understnd things and they should reach out to their family to help them. 

my grandfather was too old for pay as u go so we opened a line under our own account for my grandfather and took care of the bill and payments because he was too old to do so himself,  sometimes pay as u go may not even be the ideal type of service for an elderly, but if they insist, then by all means let them use it but at least  HELP THEM WITH THE PAYMENT AND AIRTIME PROCESS.   

wow just because I answered the question  and gave the truth people did not like my response, holy moly, im just trying to help but next time im not even going to bother helping if people walk all over my response to tell me im too harsh, oh boy.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: PayGO phone number reassigned

@Pauly wrote:

wow just because I answered the question  and gave the truth people did not like my response, holy moly, im just trying to help but next time im not even going to bother helping if people walk all over my response to tell me im too harsh, oh boy.

You answered the issue as you see it ....others are just  pointing  that they see it a little differently . 

I won't even address the  inflammatory  comments in your last  post . 

If people don't like others "walking all over their responses" perhaps they should show a little more consideration for  situations that others  may have to live in . 

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 in conversation