Pay as you go - unable to view account history

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Pay as you go - unable to view account history

Norah  ...  is there a call log on your phone ? Mine goes back at least 3 months and differentiates texts  from calls  ... I don't do data so don't know about that .  

I agree though that Rogers should display it for you if they  are going to charge for it. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Barndoor, thanks for trying to help.  I have an Iphone 4 that my daughter gave me. Its locked so I am forced to use Rogers, rather than pay $50 for unlocking it.  I don't use it much, mostly texting. I've been charged for quite a few calls that I don't think I made...but might have been hacking at buttons.  then the phone says "calling" and I END call right away, because its a mistake. But I still get charged for the call. My stuipidity.  But I can't figure out how much this stupidity has cost me, because I can't see any transactions older than Dec 27th (last time  I looked). The account history should not be cut off so soon, must be illeglal. To take people's money and no showing of where it went to? Wierd.  If my phone has a "call log" could you let me know where I might find it?  If there is a log on the phone , that would solve  my problem. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it very much!

Oohhh I feel your pain... the last phone I had with a touch screen I threw against the wall, with sensitivity issues and soooo many bells and whistles that just complicate the phone to the point of  .... well .... no return.  

I find  the new phones are like the metric system, great if you grew up with them but  pain in the butt complicated  if you are just getting one now.

Anyway ... I don't have an I phone and can't tell you how to get to the call log but I can't imagine that there isn't one, Surely someone else  here can  chime in and tell you how to access it. Mine is in a tool bar at the top of the page when I  want to make a call.

Oh and while it may be your error ... it's NOT your stupidity.   The people that design these things need to share part of the blame. They have likely been using them forever and seem to set therm up for people that know their way around a phone/computer  not for someone who is new to them . Their train of thought in setting them up may be logical and efficient to experienced users but it sure does not neccessarily fit in to the line of thoughts of a newbie. Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Barndoor. I'm not new to computers, but I am very new to cellphone use. Only a couple of weeks, and its been bad. And yes, I wanted to stomp on the thing and just forget about it. 
To be fair, Rogers did remove some "long distance" charges that I had, due to hacking at buttons and not knowing what I was doing, or how to set up Voicemail, I did get some help with that.  

I found out here (Community Forum) about the 60 item limit on the Transaction History, NOTHING about this from the Live-Chat or the phone personell, I was talking to a human, who directed me back to live-chat.  That person had no idea why I couldn't see older than Dec 27, and also escalated my problem with a ticket #, to wait a few days for a reply, still waiting.  Although now I know why, from this Forum, not from Rogers themselves. I think that this is illegal, to delete people's history so soon!  It can't be right! 

My reason for not bothering with a cell phone til now, was the stories I've heard from others re contracts, unexpected charges, no signal, etc etc.  I NEVER wanted one of those horrid devices!  Then I got this Iphone4 from my daughter (who now has a 5).  And I've been wondering, maybe I should still just stomp on it! Not kidding!  Thanks for your tips though, much appreciated! 

I Plan to Stick Around

BTW, I also checked about call log on Google, and it looks very complicated, but connecting to computer, and doing a scan. I'm not ready for that just yet!

My motto with calling Rogers is ... if you're not happy with the answer  ...just call again . Just like any company or calling a vet about your dog .... there are those that are in the zone and can help  and there are those that aren't but have the job anyway. You just have to call till you get the good one...... on average about three to four calls. Smiley Wink

First person I called the other day in the billing department said I should be paying long distance charges on  long distance calls that I was RECEIVING even though I was in my Local Calling Area.  The next two people fortunately disagreed with that  .... but it took the fourth call to actually resolve my issue.  Smiley LOL

That seems surprising that you can't pull up the call/text log simply  on such a supposedly advanced phone. Smiley Surprised

I'm a Senior Advisor

I see my transaction history going back to 09/27/2014, 21 transactions. Obviously I'm not a heavy cellphone user. I also have mine set up to text me each tine the balance is updated, so I always know how much I have left.

If you don't use it a lot, the $100/year plan you can buy at the Rogers store is the most economical. I never use that much and have rolled it over when renewing so I don't have to pay every year, but you have to renew before it expires.

I also have data turned off and only use my wifi at home.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Thanks for the  email tip  OY. 

Don't you have to pay $100 per year on renewal for that plan no matter what ? But you can run a balance of  well over a hundred  as long as you renew before the one year term expires.  hhmmm ... maybe I wasn't  talking to the right person again  about that.Smiley LOL

My wife made a bunch of long distance calls with the extra balance when she had accumulated close to a  $180 balance.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I know the balance rolls over if you renew before it expires (and I've missed it a couple of times). I haven't found the $100/year plan on line, just heard about it by word-of-mouth and got it at the Rogers store. One time I got an email from Rogers that I could use the balance to renew because I had over $200, so I did. Since then I've always asked at the store when it's been over $100 and the rep would call customer service and do it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats