Pay as you go - unable to view account history

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Pay as you go - unable to view account history

Can someone please advise - My Rogers only provides the last 60 transactions (incoming & outgoing). When I call no one seems to be able to provide a solution - I just want to view my last 30 days of transactions (since my last $5 add on). How else am I to confirm if I used all my 250 texts? I just keep getting the run around and no one seems to be able to confirm? How can they tell me i've used all 250 texts but won't let me confirm via my history. I used to have access to my history - seems like they cut it down to 60 trans and somehow thought that was acceptable. Am i missing something (along with every agent i've spoken to)?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Pay as you go - unable to view account history

Access to my paygo options through My Rogers is broken also. I was told I'd have acces again a week ago and it looked like they changed something, but still broken, and now they reverted it back to the previous broken behavior. On a side note, my iPad account loads fine on My Rogers.

I'm Here A Lot

The lack of data usage reporting is a pretty serious issue as well.

It's incredibly sketchy that they don't provide your data usage AND they only give you a couple days worth of transactions on your account with NO option for even a month's worth of information. This puts Rogers in a position with ZERO accountability. I can't see my previous payments, I can't see what charges have been applied. And my account balance NEVER reconciles to my own records - despite obsessively checking those 60 transactions for any additional charges.

I Plan to Stick Around

i think pay as you go is a dying beast... in the future our telecom market may retain 1 or 2 carriers offering prepaid services...if i were you i would consider switching to a regular postpaid account.. that will get you much wider range of features and better experience
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i do understand your frustrations at this (and quite understandably so)

I would try to keep it to ONE thread, so any replies, solutions, etc could be all posted there.
Having it in multiple threads, just causes confustion.

(and this is a USER TO USER forum... so its not like putting it in many will get it more exposure to someone from rogers seeing it, etc.. as they are not specficially looking here for things)

I'm Here A Lot

Smartswine wrote:
i think pay as you go is a dying beast... in the future our telecom market may retain 1 or 2 carriers offering prepaid services...if i were you i would consider switching to a regular postpaid account.. that will get you much wider range of features and better experience

I'm not so sure. My experience abroad is that most foreign healthy telecom markets have evolved to be predominately Prepaid and not Contract. Having recently switched, I can say, the freedom feels great. And has cut my bill by 65%.

I don't totally understand the distinction between Pre-Paid and Post-Paid. From the name "Post-Paid", it sounds like you pay for the usage after you use it? But that's not what it is - I'm still paying (in advance) for a plan that covers a certain amount of usage for the following month. Seems like a misnomer.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

I'm "Prepaid" or "Pay as you go" now, but there's no difference between what happens now and what happened on the 9 years of contract I had before.  I sign up for 3 plans (voice, data, and txt), put money on my account for those 3, they charge for those 3 plans, and I consume the usage those 3 plans give me. The only difference is, if I go over, instead of getting charged more, my service cuts out.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That primarily is the only difference.

PREPAID, you have to put the money on the account first.. its SUBRACTED from there.. you get your X, Y, Z based on what you use... if you go ABOVE that.. IF there is money still on the account, it will be subtracted.. if there isnt, it will stop working.

POSTPAID, works KIND OF similar.  Yes, there is a set amount, which is charged for X, Y, Z.... but it isnt subracted imediately.  Its invoiced, then you pay it off... along with any other overages, etc.

So i guess technically.. money in your pocket, for a LITTLE longer potentially.

At least here.. Other than pure cost (which can be a BIG factor for some)... the real desciding factor on prepaid vs postpaid, can be WHAT is included... and IF you need that.

It all comes down to the persons usage.
IF the persons usage, fits UNDER a postpaid plan... you quite possibly could be cheaper.
But for a HEAVIER user, wanting MORE features, (more data, etc), often by the time you start going higher and higher on pay as you go... you actually can get more for your money, via the postpaid.

The only other thing i can see holding people back here in the long run, from a more biger switch, like you said many other countries around the world...
Phone cost.
I would say, most people in north america, have no idea, what the REAL cost on alot of these devices are.  Yeah, they want the newest iPhone or Samsung.. but do they know how much it REALY costs?

People are used to the contracts here.. and getting subsidized for their phone.
With post-paid.. you need to buy the phone outright.... it will be a BIG shock, to people wanting the best.. then realizing it will cost them $650+ do to so.

I Plan to Stick Around

@paulney - you are getting it right - in terms of accounting, these days there's not much of a difference between pre and post... broadly speaking subscribers do pay a certain amount in advance anyway; however i would not compare EU wireless practices to North America as their regulations as well as geo situation is very unique Smiley Happy i know that might be a very long conversation; to cut to the chase here in Canada prepaid accounts represent heavily cut services with limited features and all focus is on developing postpaid with lots of new goodies popping up every year
I Plan to Stick Around

Could someone please let me know how to view older pages of m y transaction history? I am a Pay as You Go customer.  I see my balance going down, but I can't see all the transactions.  Somehow there must be a button for seeing previous pages?  I would appreciate some help, thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

I contacted Live Chat about this today. They could not help me, but escalated it, and gave me a ticket number.  I was not told about the 60 transactions at all.  so its impossible to see anything more than 60 transactions prior, and no way to check why balance is going down, can't see where the money went? This should be illegal!

Topic Stats