Pay as You Go Replacement Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Pay as You Go Replacement Phone

Okay i currentlly have a older rogers pre paid phone. I found a very nice pre paid phone ( The Samsung Galaxy Ace it is pre paid but with a different carrier) is it possible to switch this phone and carrier to rogers and if so how much would it cost?

Second question is there any new smart phones or phones coming out for the rogers pre paid line :S cause there isnt much of a selection and i dont like any of the phones but i love your plans o.O

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Pay as You Go Replacement Phone

If you have a phone that is unlocked & can work with the Rogers network, then yes you are able to bring that phone over to Rogers. Also it will not cost a thing is you are going on a pay as you go account. If you are going on a 3 year term, that is different.

As for your second questions. Rogers will not give out any info if they will add anymore smartphones to their pay as you go section. This is something we have to wait & see.

hope i answered all your questions.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've had a pay as you go account for a looooong time... Originally I had an analog phone, and when the analog network was obsolete, Rogers sent me a Nokia digital phone and I have been using this phone ever since then (approx. 10 years at this point).   Anyway, some of the buttons on the the phone no longer work reliably, and it's pretty much time for a new phone.  My question is: am I entitled to a new phone from Rogers, or do I need to buy a new phone for myself ? 

thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bossy

You can buy it from Rogers OR you can buy a device from somewhere else. You MUST get it unlocked if it's locked to another carrier and you have to make sure the device is compatible with the Rogers networks.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think the question was if Rogers can sponsor or anyhow finance a handset for prepaid subscribers; and so the answer is no; there's no such program exist; Bossy - if you are on a tide budget you should look into refurbished or previously used devices
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Smartwine

I don't think as the OP was asking if they are entitled to get one from Rogers or get a device from another place. Either way a used device would be best if u are on a tight budget. If u have money, get a brand new phone
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have been a member of Roger's PAYGO for many years now. What is disappointing is the fact that they will not provide an opportunity to upgrade my phone? Why can they not at least give a discount on the upgrade choice? There are a lot of PAYGO customers out there and this option should be made available to them..

I have talked to the local outlets here and they indicated that this is not possible. Should I contact head office and speak to the loyalty department? I would like to deal with Rogers but if necessary I guess I will have to go outside and look for an unlocked phone that is of newer technology at a better price than Rogers has to offer!. I currently have a Nokia C3-00 and although it has been good we are seniors and my wife has a hard time using it.

Has anyone out there had any sucess with calling head office on this?

Thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ricky464

If you want, Best Buy, Future Shop and other locations sell payGo devices for Rogers on a discount prices sometimes. You can also get any device that is either unlocked or locked to Rogers via Kijiji, EBay, cellphone shop for a price and use it on ur PayGo account.

I do agree they need to offer a bit more choice on devices when it comes to PayGo.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Unfortunately PayGo does not have new plans with new "free" phones every now and again like the pricier cellphone plans do. I too got a free GSM upgrade (a Nokia 2610) when Rogers switched to GSM and it was after I'd lost my original phone, which was cool. It wasn't a very good phone because it was hard to see in sunlight and the sound volume was low, but it served my purpose. Eventually I wanted a phone with a camera, so  I checked to see what Rogers had on line and went in the store to get one. They actually didn't have what they advertised on line, and I ended up getting a LGL1 phone for $60.  All I had to do was move my contacts to the SIM card and switch cards. You can also check Walmart and electronics stores like The Source for inexpensive phones.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@bossy wrote:

I've had a pay as you go account for a looooong time... Originally I had an analog phone, and when the analog network was obsolete, Rogers sent me a Nokia digital phone and I have been using this phone ever since then (approx. 10 years at this point).   Anyway, some of the buttons on the the phone no longer work reliably, and it's pretty much time for a new phone.  My question is: am I entitled to a new phone from Rogers, or do I need to buy a new phone for myself ? 

thanks.

I too received a new free GMS phone long after my old phone was lost. I eventually I replaced it with a low end $80 smart phone from Rogers, not free. You can replace yours with a newer one either from Rogers or Walmart or wherever. You just have to save all your contacts to the SIM and put the SIM in the new phone.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario