Pay As you go balance clarification

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Pay As you go balance clarification

I am relativly new to using mobile phones and such and this is the first time I have looked at my account online..I have the $100 a year plan with unlimited texting since....my current balence says $4.55...does that mean how much I have used  so far or  how much is remaining?

Also, how do I check my transactions (phone calls and texts) from previous weeks or months? I can only see the past 5 days or so? Is it just me, or is the site not easy to navigate for newbies.

Thanks in advance

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Pay As you go balance clarification

Welcome to the Community @MommyBanana1 

The $4.55 would indicate a remaining balance as your yearly service fee is deducted as soon as you activate your plan.

The service turns to pay-per-use if your balance can't cover the service fee at the time of the yearly charge.

Due to system limitations, it is presently not possible for customers to view more than the last 60 previous transactions on our website. 

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy Let the community know if you have any other questions.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't see my transaction usage since you have changed the look of My Rogers.

Where on the page can I find it.

thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

I usually go to My Rogers > Products  and Services > PayGo and then click Transaction History.

However, this morning it's all changed and screwed up. I have to choose between 2 account numbers, which are apparently my Cable and PayGo. When I select my PayGo account, all I can do is top up, change my PIN,  change my plan, change my number or manage add-ons. Nowhere do I see my call history available like it was before. Looks very pretty, but not useful.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Why do they change things that are working fine.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey there Old Yellr  !!!!

I finally got it to work but it required a lot of hit or miss clicking of stuff.

KISS

I've Been Here Awhile

I have accumulated over $100 in my pay as you go account. If I use $100 out of the balance  to extend it for a year, what will happen to these $100? Will my future calls or text messages costs be deducted from this sum until it exhausts? Not sure how this works, please advise.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you ask them to  extend your service for a year, they will take that $100 from your balance leaving you with the remainder to cover your activities  for the year.

I'm a Senior Advisor

That's right. If you have a balance of, say $120, and use $100 of it to renew, your plan will be extended for a year with a $20 remaining balance. That probably won't last you a year, so you'll need to renew again before a year is up. Alternatively, if your plan is expiring with a balance of $120 and you renew for a year by paying $100, you'll be working with a balance of $220. Unless you're likely to actually use that much air time within a year, the money is more useful in your pocket than Rogers.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you OLDYELLR and also barndoor for this clarification. I think I would rather keep the $100 in the balance and just top up each month and let it roll. The $100 seems like a renewal fee as I cannot charge against it albeit it saves me the trouble of topping up monthly. Thanks again.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 in conversation