Pay As You Go

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Pay As You Go

I was looking to get a pay as you go plan that was promoted on your website as $85. After looking for a phone to buy off contract I finally find one in my price range. I go on your website to check if this plan is still being promoted, and it is, but now $100. So my question is; would I be able to still get the $85 plan, and will the $100 plan be removed or will the price increase even more?  

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Pay As You Go

From what i can see, yeah.

My mother in law signed up on the 85 one about a year ago, and her per min is higher.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, they change plans all the time.. and when they are changed.. they are changed..

You can not get the old one, unless you were already on it, and continuing the plan onwards.

It wasnt a straight price increase though.. the plan was changed ever so slightly.  The cost per call outside of the minutes, etc, texting cost, etc, was all decreased (was 75c / min, now 50

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So the plan costs more per year, but the cost per minute is now cheaper? 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From what i can see, yeah.

My mother in law signed up on the 85 one about a year ago, and her per min is higher.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the 85$ ,which i i signed up for last November but i was wondering if my plan would change to the 100$ plan automatically or would it remain the same. In addition i believe the 85$ plan is 40 cents per minute.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That i know of, as long as you dont change it, it should be grandfathered... i BELEIVE.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Do you know if the $85 plan will automatically renew or do I have to contact Rogers not to renew it?  I'm not keen on the plan.  I was on the 'talk only' plan.  The 100 free minutes (needed for weekday daytime calls and texts and $.75 monthly charge)  is for the entire year, while I was led to believe it was per month.  Also, there is no information on incoming calls such as the number or how long the call was.  I'd like to go to the $100 prepaid with 1 year expiry (which I had before I signed onto the $85 plan), but I don't see that listed as an option on the Rogers website.  Does it still exist?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If its not listed on the site, you would need to call in, and inquire, as there may be some not listed on the site... though that plan may not exist anymore.

Your current one, the $85, will try to AUTO renew, on the specific date on its own, assuming you have enough ballance,  Otherwise the renew will fail.  I think its then 30 days, before the accout goes inactive then?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Quick question, I when i signed up last year it was 40 cents per minute for local calling.Since my plan will be grandfathered ,will the rate remain the same?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i am not an expert on pay as you go.. i beleive it will... as long as you have the money in the account, and it auto renews properly.. i beleive it should be grandfathered.