Pay As You Go plan changes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Pay As You Go plan changes

In an earlier post I stated:

57 wrote:

5. I mentioned to the CSR that I was not receiving any texts on my phone regarding any of these issues and regarding the Auto Top-up Bonus credit ending in October, etc. She stated that if I leave my phone off for more than 2-3 days, the texts will "disappear". Well that explains that... I rarely have my phone on and probably haven't seen a text in many months.

I used the "Share a Concern" link regarding "disappearing texts" and received a call from the office of the president this morning.  She understood the issue and will look at ways to provide account-related information besides "disappearing texts".  She stated that although e-mail would be one option, apparently many PAYGo customers do not provide an e-mail, or provide an incorrect one, so that's not necessarily reliable either.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

I'm a Trusted Contributor

teresa1230 wrote:
Prepaid Plan (Monthly)

Hi,

I'm currently on the 1-year unlimited local evening and weekend local calling + unlimited texting plan.  It is set to expire this month.  Compared to last year at the rate of $120, this plan has now increased to $180.  I am looking at the options to change my plan to a pay as you go monthly plan.  However, I'm trying to figure out how this all works from a monthly payment perspective and hoping someone could help. 

Say I move forward with $25 Talk & Text plan per month.  Do I get invoiced every month or do I have to top up every month with a voucher?  What happens if I don't top up?  Do I loose any left over funds?

I see there is a $100 voucher available that expires after 1 year.  If I were to add the $100 voucher to my account, does this mean then that every month $25 would be deducted?

Thanks in advance.

I know you are not asking about this, but would the plan you are on now serve your needs best ?  If so  you might be able call in and  stay  on your current plan at $120.

With the plan you are proposing to go to you can either set up automatic credit card payments or go the voucher route and maintain a balance to cover your monthly fee. so a $100 voucher covers 4 months unless  you use more than the plan covers . I don't know if the 911 fee is included in the monthly fee or not.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for your message. The challenge I face is that with the yearly plan, the 50 local minutes for the entire year finish so quickly. I use the phone from time to time during the day. I keep on having to add $20 cards to be able to use the phone during the day.

If I were to stay on the yearly plan, the price now has increased to $180.

teresa1230 wrote:
Thanks for your message. The challenge I face is that with the yearly plan, the 50 local minutes for the entire year finish so quickly. I use the phone from time to time during the day. I keep on having to add $20 cards to be able to use the phone during the day.

If I were to stay on the yearly plan, the price now has increased to $180.

Have you called and asked.....  they seem willing to grandfather those plans . so you can keep the $120 plan.

Some have been on here asking questions about the $100 plans similar to yours but that came before the plan you have.

The difference between $120 and the  $300 a year that the  $25 /month plan will cost  will  buy a fair number of twenty dollar vouchers if you don't mind the headache of doing that. Or add a $100 card .

I'm Here A Lot

I tried, but no luck.  If I want the yearly plan, it's $180.

teresa1230 wrote:

I tried, but no luck.  If I want the yearly plan, it's $180.

Oh .... thanks for the feedback .  

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise ... that plan with the Canada wide minutes you are looking at in the other thread looks like it may be far better anyway.    Good luck , whichever plan you pick .   Smiley Happy

57 wrote:

1. I was not talking to you specifically,  I was speaking generally because several people brought it up.

2. I also wasn't talking about Rogers shooting you in the foot, I was talking about people who knowingly switch plans to ones that will be much more expensive.  Perhaps I should have used the phrase "cut off your nose to spite your face" (again not directed specifically at a single person).

3.  There is no magic number. It's a well published PAYGo number that hasn't changed in years.  People just need to be patient enough to listen to all the options, but if they come here, I try to list the options to save people time.  (4, 4, 1), as do others posting here.

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WRLS_PREPAID_LANDING

re 1&2 ...perhaps if that had been posted in the other thread where other people were talking  about  going to more expensive plans it would have made more sense to me ....  sorry for the confusion .

re3  ... the 4,4 ,1  is the magic number  . I haven't seen that published anywhere else other than here. 

Listen to the last  selection  of options ?  The option to select one  is at the very end and if you have an URGENT matter... is the average person with a query about a phone plan going to make that choice  unless they are getting a tad frustrated?

I've Been Here Awhile

so just an update on my own issue.. since it got moved to a thread that is all over the place from a separate post......

called rogers, 1-800-575-9090, Option 4, Option 4, Option 1   (wait for menus to process as the IVR is slow)

confirmed i can do the $100 'from existing balance' to renew for another 365 days

confirmed that no one cares that the website quotes both 50cent and 45cent prices on my account...

got $50 credit for my trouble

also received a 6 month extension on my expire date for free and did not end up having to do the $100 of my balance renewal at this time due to this

overall a decent call - spoke with call center from Manila Phillipines.. just fyi

good luck everyone.. will hopefully run down my balance to zero over next couple years and feel more free to shop around and not feel like i'm losing out on money i've put up

I'm a Senior Advisor

barndoor wrote:

re3  ... the 4,4 ,1  is the magic number  . I haven't seen that published anywhere else other than here. 

Listen to the last  selection  of options ?  The option to select one  is at the very end and if you have an URGENT matter... is the average person with a query about a phone plan going to make that choice  unless they are getting a tad frustrated?

Yes, it's been quoted here many times. The number (1-800-575-9090) is also on the Rogers website, but I only found it using Google.

I originally found the number by being redirected using the general Rogers number, or maybe it was given to me by a Rogers store employee when I complained that I could not disable voicemail by going through the steps on the web.

Quite some time ago someone mentioned on this forum that there would be a charge of $2 for calling the number. buy I've never seen that or heard anything more about it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR wrote:

Quite some time ago someone mentioned on this forum that there would be a charge of $2 for calling the number. buy I've never seen that or heard anything more about it.

Yes ... we have been over this at least  twice before ... it says  here  https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_topup?asc_icid=prepaid_badge_topup   under "credit card registrations " close to the bottom     that  IF you call the number (1 800 575 9090) and go to the call center  (4,4, 1)   just for the purpose of adding a top up (that you easily could have added online,  using your phone or even using the automated system at the number (1 800 575 9090)  THEN there will be a $2 charge for the call. 

You can call and   pay your account with $100  out of your balance with out being dinged the $2  because that is not a case of simply adding a top up .  Smiley Wink

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats