Pay As You Go plan changes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Pay As You Go plan changes

@OLDYELLR   ,It was available ,I remember looking up info on the "anytime plan" about 4 months ago, so it was still available then. 

That $100  plan you switched to and then back  was well over a year ago and more like two , because that $100 plan switched to the $120 plan for a while , and has now switched to the $180 plan which seems like it has been around for close to a year. 

57 wrote:

One item that confuses me is people willing to "shoot themselves in the foot" because something is not the way they wish it to be.  Things change all the time and you certainly have the right to shoot yourself in the foot by going to a more expensive plan, but I found it quite easy to contact the PAYGo CSR and stay on my preferred plan. One five-minute phone call saves me hundreds of dollars.  I have also found the wait for PAYGo to be very short and the CSRs to be very helpful.

I believe you have up to three months to dispute any changes/charges to your bill.  So, if in March, or April you noticed that you were changed to another plan without your OK, you can ask to go back to your original plan.  If you don't check your bills for more than 3 months, then you have provided "tacit approval" to any change/charge.  Even then, Rogers will sometimes accommodate longer time-frames, but don't expect to go a year.

I assume this is directed at me ...because I seem to be  the only only  one  threatening a self inflicted gunshot here .  

The point of my side of the discussion  here is that there are  people out there  who apparently may get no notice of this up coming change and the consequences and while I understand how well informed you are here ..I can't imagine that there isn't a whole lot of just average people out there that are going to end up being shot in the foot  because of the way this issue is being dealt with .  Maybe it is very easy to retain your old plan if you have the magic phone number combination that is only available  on this forum  .... BUT YOU NEED TO HAVE PROPER NOTICE  THAT IT IS GOING TO BE MIGRATED  SO YOU CAN CALL 

As  far as me shooting myself in the foot  ....that assumes that  staying at Rogers on a higher price plan is my best case scenario  if  I am migrated.   I have my eye on a cheaper plan for me  elsewhere  so I  don't think  shooting myself in the foot is really a good analogy.   Smiley Wink

asdfafsdfasdf wrote:

does anyone else show a different per minute rate in their "current price plan details" on the rogers site under "change my plan" than what they are being charged?

my account shows:

45¢/minute for anytime local calls

Local per minute rate:  45¢

yet i have been charged 50cents per minute since the Talk Anytime Plan $0.50 / min plan came into effect

... what gives

Thanks for that info ... I didn't know how to find those rates in my account . 

My plan is old enough that it is  $.25 a minute for local calls .  I'm pretty sure  the one call that was made on that  plan  in the last few months was $.50 ... so you are not alone .  Just the way it is  here .   Smiley Sad

I've Been Here Awhile

My plan details actually show 45 cents though on the website. And is charging at 50 cents. This plan was originally at 30 or 35 cents and was bumped up over the years.
Can you confirm yours and what it displays please?
I'm Here A Lot

New Maximum Pay Go Balance $150

Everyone should contact the media:  Ellen Roseman and Sean O'Shea at Global: ViewerContactBC@globalnews.ca   regarding the new maximum paygo balance and loss of money (confiscated by Rogers) above $150.00.

asdfafsdfasdf wrote:
My plan details actually show 45 cents though on the website. And is charging at 50 cents. This plan was originally at 30 or 35 cents and was bumped up over the years.
Can you confirm yours and what it displays please?

My plan is the by the minute talk all day plan, which eventually turned into the by the minute talk anytime  plan . So looks like I have been on the plan a wee bit longer than you since my local per minute rate is 25 cents /min.   Obviously that doesn't seem to mean anything and we still pay the current rate of 50 cents/  min . 

Where on the website did you see the rate of 45 cents/min for a talk anytime plan .... that plan was cancelled a few months ago and from what I can find is no longer on the website .  Only the by the month prepaid  plans are what I can find . 

If you are on the Talk anytime plan and happy with it  you can  call in  to paygo  and tell them  that you want to keep it ...otherwise Rogers is going to supposedly automatically change  anyone on those plans to a monthly  plan sometime in March  . 

I'm a Senior Advisor

barndoor wrote:

asdfafsdfasdf wrote:

does anyone else show a different per minute rate in their "current price plan details" on the rogers site under "change my plan" than what they are being charged?

my account shows:

45¢/minute for anytime local calls

Local per minute rate:  45¢

yet i have been charged 50cents per minute since the Talk Anytime Plan $0.50 / min plan came into effect

... what gives

Thanks for that info ... I didn't know how to find those rates in my account . 

My plan is old enough that it is  $.25 a minute for local calls .  I'm pretty sure  the one call that was made on that  plan  in the last few months was $.50 ... so you are not alone .  Just the way it is  here .   Smiley Sad

I remember getting a text when it was bumped up to $0.50/minute. But when I called to renew using my balance, the agent put it back down.  Looking at my recent history, my texts appear to be $0.30 and calls are multiples og $0.35.  Depending on where you look and which plan, the rates seem to be all over the place.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR wrote:

I remember getting a text when it was bumped up to $0.50/minute. But when I called to renew using my balance, the agent put it back down.  Looking at my recent history, my texts appear to be $0.30 and calls are multiples og $0.35.  Depending on where you look and which plan, the rates seem to be all over the place.

How does that not sound like the  grandfathering  the anytime minutes plan  issue  all over again ?  Rogers changes it  and then if you call in they will change it back ....  that kind of service really ...really . irritates me .    What about all the   people that just don't deal well with this type of issue and calling in and confrontation .... they just get taken advantage of ??

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

barndoor wrote:

1. I assume this is directed at me ...because I seem to be  the only only  one  threatening a self inflicted gunshot here .  

2. I can't imagine that there isn't a whole lot of just average people out there that are going to end up being shot in the foot  because of the way this issue is being dealt with . 

3. Maybe it is very easy to retain your old plan if you have the magic phone number combination that is only available  on this forum

1. I was not talking to you specifically,  I was speaking generally because several people brought it up.

2. I also wasn't talking about Rogers shooting you in the foot, I was talking about people who knowingly switch plans to ones that will be much more expensive.  Perhaps I should have used the phrase "cut off your nose to spite your face" (again not directed specifically at a single person).

3.  There is no magic number. It's a well published PAYGo number that hasn't changed in years.  People just need to be patient enough to listen to all the options, but if they come here, I try to list the options to save people time.  (4, 4, 1), as do others posting here.

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WRLS_PREPAID_LANDING

I'm Here A Lot

Prepaid Plan (Monthly)

Hi,

I'm currently on the 1-year unlimited local evening and weekend local calling + unlimited texting plan.  It is set to expire this month.  Compared to last year at the rate of $120, this plan has now increased to $180.  I am looking at the options to change my plan to a pay as you go monthly plan.  However, I'm trying to figure out how this all works from a monthly payment perspective and hoping someone could help. 

Say I move forward with $25 Talk & Text plan per month.  Do I get invoiced every month or do I have to top up every month with a voucher?  What happens if I don't top up?  Do I loose any left over funds?

I see there is a $100 voucher available that expires after 1 year.  If I were to add the $100 voucher to my account, does this mean then that every month $25 would be deducted?

Thanks in advance.

Topic Stats