Pay As You Go plan changes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Pay As You Go plan changes

Obviously we have a difference of opinion in regards to a member posting a informed statement opposed to some of the threads that rant and rave about a negative experience which in fact does not give the viewers any details in regards to the original post/thread in helping them of being informed of the new changes for the Pay As you go. Simply said the reason for these type of forums is to give other members informed information from their experience with Rogers personnel or from members who can offer informed feedback from their personal experience with the Rogers Personnel in resolving issues of the original posted thread.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

barndoor wrote:

So you are saying that paygo doesn't operate like postpaid? If you change a grandfathered plan  on postpaid there is no going back. 

If you change the plan, there is no going back. If Rogers change the plan without proper notice and you then notice within three months, then I believe there is "going back".  Granted, I wouldn't count on it either, hence my participation on various forums to be up-to-date on what's happening with TV, Internet, Home Phone, PAYGo, etc.  Almost always better to be pro-active rather than reactive.

I Plan to Stick Around

BS wrote:

I keep my cell phone for emergencies, and currently pay 40.00 per month. For what I do with my phone on the network, I could do fine with the 180.00 version and save 25.00 per month.  Maybe Rogers is doing me a favour by making me think further about my options.  Just a good thing from this change from my vantage.

If you're paying $40/month, you're overpaying for an "emergency" phone.

Not sure if it is too late for you but I was on the Pay As You Go plan where for almost all calls, I was charged $0.50/minute and I had a substantially higher balance than the maximum $150 and when I called Rogers Prepaid, they offered me a postpaid plan which was less than your $40/month for unlimited Canada calling and unlimited Canada texting. They told me that this plan was a time sensitive offer. It also wasn't advertised on their website.

The only thing is that you would be switched to postpaid, go through a credit check, and unlike prepaid where your phone will just stop working when your balance is used up, with postpaid, you continue to use your phone. I make sure that I turn off data services on my phone, WiFi is always on, I won't call a non-Canadian phone number, and I won't use my phone to make/receive calls when I travel outside of Canada so I don't see myself exceeding the monthly price plan.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I thought I would pop in on the discussion of @michael9

In oricipal I have raised the same issues but havre learned over my years on the board that S long as we are polite and not spamming across multiple threads and not too far off topic, the moderators allow some freedom in what you have presented as ranting and repetitive and if it goes to fat a polite reminder shows up or a warning of breach of conditions comes privately.

Topics like this one where there seems to be huge amounts of interpretations and various accounts of variations in grandfathered and conditions of that grandfathering leaf to confusion and frustration.

And as people learn about various applications and information they begin to develop their own solution within the boundaries of what is known already but the coves action wanders we all have different writing styles and layout approaches so it gets hard to follow and people will naturally express their feelings. The moderates start with an attempt to show empathy and understanding if feelings which will naturally encourage that flow of thought.

So yes there are many opinions of how this forum works as you are finding.

Technically this whole discussion is off topic of the thread which happens and can sometimes flow for quite a while as answers and solutions get worked through with no single solution for all.

It belongs in the lounge blog and suggestions topic so I won't moment here again on it and take it to the lounge if so desired by all.

There is actually a move in its infancy to take the most relevant parts of these dynamic discussions to a knowledge base of topics and issues.

If you want to see a long 1.5 year rant search TV navigator. Sorry to bring that up. It is a real sour point for many.

Eventually moderators experts advisors developed summaries of reference documents FAQ docs tutorials and progress statements.

That made it easy to get a quick glance of all known issues.

Also look at beta test threads for internet modems and the lead engineer has kept a summary and status report pinned at the top.

God thoughts overall but this is the culture of this board at the moment.

It is in constant development and change.

Final note. I don't get email notices on any of my threads just the notification icon on my avitar. I also skim all most recent posts which you can. Now open to see the full post and if I need more reference I open the thread.

I control my choice of communications

Plus various mods attempt to teach me how to be more concise and layout terms but at 61 I am a bit of a slow learner and have cognitive learning challenges.

I will consider your points in my future posts as they are valid but maybe we need a rant thread.

Hope in the message of differing views circumstances styles you find your answers.

Back on original topic. How should my friend respond to this change. @57 is correct. He is shooting himself in the foot by just walking which is his choice but he is 72. When his mind is made up he just moves to ranting.

Good night all.

Maybe someone can take all the current known and unclear pieces of information various solutions and summarize it for all. Then ask a mod to consider pinning it and someone take over keeping it up to date this will give you just what.

Anyone, anyone, Bullers day off. ;}

I'm a Trusted Contributor

57 wrote:

If Rogers change the plan without proper notice and you then notice within three months, then I believe there is "going back".  

That was not my experience in postpaid  with a grandfathered plan that was no longer marketed  to the public . 

They wouldn't reinstate it so I moved that account  elsewhere.      Maybe the prepaid side of the company is  different .

BS wrote:

if you do not get "official notification", you have grounds for reporting a concern and asking for adequate resolution.  Reading about it on this forum is not official notice to people having their individual services changed.

That is well defined by the CRTC, with the right to escalate and make formal complaint to the CRTC.  At a minimum, if you don't get the notice, and you are left unaware of the implications of the March date so you can make a choice, you have full grounds to request that a resolution be found to rectify the violation (in my opinion), of the regulatory requirements under the wireless code related to notifying customers of the changes of services.

The problem with discussions  about this type of thing is that in my opinion it can send the wrong message to Rogers strategists .  The message I am  trying to get at here is that I would like to be treated fairly and with a certain level of customer service . I have put up with a fair bit in my twenty years with Rogers and the message I want to send is that they either deliver some customer service  or I walk . No longer am I going to follow  Bruce's   protocol and fight to be a customer . Its just not worth it  to me with the availability, service and  prices that the competition is offering . 

In reading the posts  here  there are a goodly number of the longer term participants  here that seem to think it is worth fighting to stay with Rogers .... I just want Rogers to know that like Bruce's friend   ... I'm no longer interested in going out of my way to stay here ...either actually deliver on the customer service  or I leave .  I consider timely notice of changes like the one discussed here to be just that,  customer service . The ball is in your court. Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Advisor

barndoor wrote:

57 wrote:

I believe you have up to three months to dispute any changes/charges to your bill.  So, if in March, or April you noticed that you were changed to another plan without your OK, you can ask to go back to your original plan.  If you don't check your bills for more than 3 months, then you have provided "tacit approval" to any change/charge.  Even then, Rogers will sometimes accommodate longer time-frames, but don't expect to go a year.

So you are saying that paygo doesn't operate like postpaid ?If you change a grandfathered plan  on postpaid there is no going back . I'd like to see  in writing from Rogers paygo that they will indeed change the plan back  before I would count on that.  Smiley Wink

About a year or more ago, when it came time to renew, I asked for a new $100 prepaid plan that was being promoted because it had "free texting" and some other stuff. Then I noticed it carried zero balance and would cost me the full $100 + tax each year. My old plan was cheaper and more in line with how I use my phone. So I called again and the CSR switched me back to my original plan. I've also found that if I forgot to renew and lost service, I could call and renew and get my balance back.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR wrote:

barndoor wrote:

57 wrote:

I believe you have up to three months to dispute any changes/charges to your bill.  So, if in March, or April you noticed that you were changed to another plan without your OK, you can ask to go back to your original plan.  If you don't check your bills for more than 3 months, then you have provided "tacit approval" to any change/charge.  Even then, Rogers will sometimes accommodate longer time-frames, but don't expect to go a year.

So you are saying that paygo doesn't operate like postpaid ?If you change a grandfathered plan  on postpaid there is no going back . I'd like to see  in writing from Rogers paygo that they will indeed change the plan back  before I would count on that.  Smiley Wink

About a year or more ago, when it came time to renew, I asked for a new $100 prepaid plan that was being promoted because it had "free texting" and some other stuff. Then I noticed it carried zero balance and would cost me the full $100 + tax each year. My old plan was cheaper and more in line with how I use my phone. So I called again and the CSR switched me back to my original plan. I've also found that if I forgot to renew and lost service, I could call and renew and get my balance back.

I think  of particular note regarding your experience when you switched back  was that the "original plan " that you switched back to  was still  being advertised and sold to the public at the time . It's not available now . 

I hope @57 is indeed correct  and Rogers prepaid will allow people to  readjust their plans back if they miss the migration info but not going to hold my breath . 

I'm a Senior Advisor

barndoor wrote:

I think  of particular note regarding your experience when you switched back  was that the "original plan " that you switched back to  was still  being advertised and sold to the public at the time . It's not available now . 

I'm not entirely sure is was available to new customers then.  It was hard to find, if at all, on the Rogers site. Definitely not promoted.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

wrong paygo rates

does anyone else show a different per minute rate in their "current price plan details" on the rogers site under "change my plan" than what they are being charged?

my account shows:

45¢/minute for anytime local calls

Local per minute rate:  45¢

yet i have been charged 50cents per minute since the Talk Anytime Plan $0.50 / min plan came into effect

... what gives

Topic Stats