Pay As You Go plan changes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Pay As You Go plan changes

@barndoor I received no notification from Rogers that my plan would be migrated in March, just read about it here, so called and asked about the rumour. But I did get a text about the $150 cap at the end of the year. Now which would be more urgent? Go figure.  I wouldn't wait until the last minute. Call and get grandfathered.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey People,

Would be great if we all read the online posts and leave it at that rather than posting personal comments in regards  to the new rules of the Pay as you Go.    Unless we have some NEW details other than what has already been shared in the Rogers Community as it doesn't help the community viewers in this regards and it will avoid us registered members of receiving emails of what has already been thoroughly explained here in the community blog.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

OLDYELLR wrote:

@barndoor I received no notification from Rogers that my plan would be migrated in March, just read about it here, ....

That is my point ...  what about all those customers  that, at this point look like they won't be informed of the change .

just how would you feel @OLDYELLR  if you hadn't  seen that info here  and your account, that you have lauded so many times on here, was changed  with out your input ?  How many of those customers  are older and either don't have time or the knowledge to access this forum . 

No ... I'm not calling until  I get notice  through the same means as any other customer ...and if I don't  or if I do but the phone lines are SO busy that I can't get through in a timely fashion , I'll be  fine with dropping Rogers for a competitor  .

michael9 wrote:

Hey People,

Would be great if we all read the online posts and leave it at that rather than posting personal comments in regards  to the new rules of the Pay as you Go.   

If you don't like getting  emails  when some one participates  here and expresses an opinion on a thread ... why don't you go in to your settings and  select to  stop them ... is people expressing their opinions on what is going on not how we learn  and what this place is all about  ??

I've Been Around

My only reason for going with Pay as You go was to avoid getting a heart attack every month with whatever hidden BS the phone company tries to ding me with and for quite some time things were good. But for a while now I've had the distinct feeling of being gouged, I'm not getting the savings that the plan I'm on is supposed to give me, I'm being charged for unanswered calls, long distance rates for local calls, watching my minutes disappear with no reason and I just don't feel like having to hash it out with customer support every single time I see something fishy anymore. They have my email but the only messages I get is them constantly trying to get me on a monthly contract, that's not going to happen, so if and when they do try to "migrate my service" to something that will shaft me even more, I will be migrating to the competition.

I Plan to Stick Around

I do understand the purpose of this blog, however as you seem to have pointed out, it is a place for us to learn or appreciate ones insight on particular situations that arise on the rogers mobile network.  And if the intention of my purposeful post in this regards  didn't appeal to you then I suggest that you can simply do the same as you have suggested I should do.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor

barndoor wrote:

OLDYELLR wrote:

@barndoor I received no notification from Rogers that my plan would be migrated in March, just read about it here, ....

No ... I'm not calling until  I get notice  through the same means as any other customer ...and if I don't  or if I do but the phone lines are SO busy that I can't get through in a timely fashion , I'll be  fine with dropping Rogers for a competitor  .

And if you do not get "official notification", you have grounds for reporting a concern and asking for adequate resolution.  Reading about it on this forum is not official notice to people having their individual services changed.

That is well defined by the CRTC, with the right to escalate and make formal complaint to the CRTC.  At a minimum, if you don't get the notice, and you are left unaware of the implications of the March date so you can make a choice, you have full grounds to request that a resolution be found to rectify the violation (in my opinion), of the regulatory requirements under the wireless code related to notifying customers of the changes of services.

If properly notified, we have the right to try and negotiate, and if the company sticks to what is offered for whatever reason, we have the right to cancel the service under the previous terms.

I personally don't have one of these plans anymore, but I have a friend who knew nothing about this, had not received an email, and is not too happy.  He isn't interested in using social media or the forum - he just called in and as he said, I ignored the request as stated on the bill of going to MyRogers to report my concern, and just called in and pushed the good old fashioned way.  He is stubborn.

By the way, he cancelled, and moved to the gas company version run over the Rogers lines.  He knew he could have stayed and used up his minutes and messages over time, but he just left on principle.

Good luck everyone - and I do really hope that Rogers is going to make the formal message in a permanent assured method and if leaving your phone off means that you won't see the text, then that means you have not been informed.  If they are aware that the message will disappear as some have been told, then they know that this is not a reliable method of ensuring the customer get the notification and be aware fully of the changes and options.

Bruce

P.S. Was looking at the promotional 180.00 yearly plan, and it would meet 80% of how I use my phone in a year, and the one exception of long distance, I have phonego for that, and as for Texts, I communicate daily on Facebook because I know they are there.  I could actually do without a cell phone plan of any type, just a device I can use on WIFI and do like I did in the old days - except now instead of find a payphone, I find a local wifi hotspot.

I keep my cell phone for emergencies, and currently pay 40.00 per month. For what I do with my phone on the network, I could do fine with the 180.00 version and save 25.00 per month.  Maybe Rogers is doing me a favour by making me think further about my options.  Just a good thing from this change from my vantage.

michael9 wrote:

Unless we have some NEW details other than what has already been shared in the Rogers Community as it doesn't help the community viewers in this regards and it will avoid us registered members of receiving emails of what has already been thoroughly explained here in the community blog.

But I don't have any issue with unwanted emails like you seem to have . 

Bring on your personal comments  about the paygo rules is fine with me . Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One item that confuses me is people willing to "shoot themselves in the foot" because something is not the way they wish it to be.  Things change all the time and you certainly have the right to shoot yourself in the foot by going to a more expensive plan, but I found it quite easy to contact the PAYGo CSR and stay on my preferred plan. One five-minute phone call saves me hundreds of dollars.  I have also found the wait for PAYGo to be very short and the CSRs to be very helpful.

I believe you have up to three months to dispute any changes/charges to your bill.  So, if in March, or April you noticed that you were changed to another plan without your OK, you can ask to go back to your original plan.  If you don't check your bills for more than 3 months, then you have provided "tacit approval" to any change/charge.  Even then, Rogers will sometimes accommodate longer time-frames, but don't expect to go a year.

57 wrote:

I believe you have up to three months to dispute any changes/charges to your bill.  So, if in March, or April you noticed that you were changed to another plan without your OK, you can ask to go back to your original plan.  If you don't check your bills for more than 3 months, then you have provided "tacit approval" to any change/charge.  Even then, Rogers will sometimes accommodate longer time-frames, but don't expect to go a year.

So you are saying that paygo doesn't operate like postpaid ?If you change a grandfathered plan  on postpaid there is no going back . I'd like to see  in writing from Rogers paygo that they will indeed change the plan back  before I would count on that.  Smiley Wink

Topic Stats