cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay As You Go plan changes

quickpick
I plan to stick around

I have 2 pay as you go phone. No too long ago, I updated one of my phone plan to 'By the minute - All day talk'.
Now, I want to switch the other one to this plan also. But I no longer seeing this plan.

Does rogers remove this plan?

***Added Labels***

86 REPLIES 86

Re: Pay As You Go plan changes

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@asdfafsdfasdf wrote:

does anyone else show a different per minute rate in their "current price plan details" on the rogers site under "change my plan" than what they are being charged?

my account shows:

45¢/minute for anytime local calls

Local per minute rate:  45¢

yet i have been charged 50cents per minute since the Talk Anytime Plan $0.50 / min plan came into effect

... what gives

Thanks for that info ... I didn't know how to find those rates in my account . 

My plan is old enough that it is  $.25 a minute for local calls .  I'm pretty sure  the one call that was made on that  plan  in the last few months was $.50 ... so you are not alone .  Just the way it is  here .   Smiley Sad

asdfafsdfasdf
I've been here awhile
My plan details actually show 45 cents though on the website. And is charging at 50 cents. This plan was originally at 30 or 35 cents and was bumped up over the years.
Can you confirm yours and what it displays please?

New Maximum Pay Go Balance $150

Everyone should contact the media:  Ellen Roseman and Sean O'Shea at Global: ViewerContactBC@globalnews.ca   regarding the new maximum paygo balance and loss of money (confiscated by Rogers) above $150.00.

barndoor

@asdfafsdfasdf wrote:
My plan details actually show 45 cents though on the website. And is charging at 50 cents. This plan was originally at 30 or 35 cents and was bumped up over the years.
Can you confirm yours and what it displays please?

My plan is the by the minute talk all day plan, which eventually turned into the by the minute talk anytime  plan . So looks like I have been on the plan a wee bit longer than you since my local per minute rate is 25 cents /min.   Obviously that doesn't seem to mean anything and we still pay the current rate of 50 cents/  min . 

Where on the website did you see the rate of 45 cents/min for a talk anytime plan .... that plan was cancelled a few months ago and from what I can find is no longer on the website .  Only the by the month prepaid  plans are what I can find . 

If you are on the Talk anytime plan and happy with it  you can  call in  to paygo  and tell them  that you want to keep it ...otherwise Rogers is going to supposedly automatically change  anyone on those plans to a monthly  plan sometime in March  . 

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@asdfafsdfasdf wrote:

does anyone else show a different per minute rate in their "current price plan details" on the rogers site under "change my plan" than what they are being charged?

my account shows:

45¢/minute for anytime local calls

Local per minute rate:  45¢

yet i have been charged 50cents per minute since the Talk Anytime Plan $0.50 / min plan came into effect

... what gives

Thanks for that info ... I didn't know how to find those rates in my account . 

My plan is old enough that it is  $.25 a minute for local calls .  I'm pretty sure  the one call that was made on that  plan  in the last few months was $.50 ... so you are not alone .  Just the way it is  here .   Smiley Sad

I remember getting a text when it was bumped up to $0.50/minute. But when I called to renew using my balance, the agent put it back down.  Looking at my recent history, my texts appear to be $0.30 and calls are multiples og $0.35.  Depending on where you look and which plan, the rates seem to be all over the place.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

barndoor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I remember getting a text when it was bumped up to $0.50/minute. But when I called to renew using my balance, the agent put it back down.  Looking at my recent history, my texts appear to be $0.30 and calls are multiples og $0.35.  Depending on where you look and which plan, the rates seem to be all over the place.

How does that not sound like the  grandfathering  the anytime minutes plan  issue  all over again ?  Rogers changes it  and then if you call in they will change it back ....  that kind of service really ...really . irritates me .    What about all the   people that just don't deal well with this type of issue and calling in and confrontation .... they just get taken advantage of ??

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor wrote:

1. I assume this is directed at me ...because I seem to be  the only only  one  threatening a self inflicted gunshot here .  

2. I can't imagine that there isn't a whole lot of just average people out there that are going to end up being shot in the foot  because of the way this issue is being dealt with . 

3. Maybe it is very easy to retain your old plan if you have the magic phone number combination that is only available  on this forum

1. I was not talking to you specifically,  I was speaking generally because several people brought it up.

2. I also wasn't talking about Rogers shooting you in the foot, I was talking about people who knowingly switch plans to ones that will be much more expensive.  Perhaps I should have used the phrase "cut off your nose to spite your face" (again not directed specifically at a single person).

3.  There is no magic number. It's a well published PAYGo number that hasn't changed in years.  People just need to be patient enough to listen to all the options, but if they come here, I try to list the options to save people time.  (4, 4, 1), as do others posting here.

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WRLS_PREPAID_LANDING

teresa1230
I'm here a lot
Prepaid Plan (Monthly)

Hi,

I'm currently on the 1-year unlimited local evening and weekend local calling + unlimited texting plan.  It is set to expire this month.  Compared to last year at the rate of $120, this plan has now increased to $180.  I am looking at the options to change my plan to a pay as you go monthly plan.  However, I'm trying to figure out how this all works from a monthly payment perspective and hoping someone could help. 

Say I move forward with $25 Talk & Text plan per month.  Do I get invoiced every month or do I have to top up every month with a voucher?  What happens if I don't top up?  Do I loose any left over funds?

I see there is a $100 voucher available that expires after 1 year.  If I were to add the $100 voucher to my account, does this mean then that every month $25 would be deducted?

Thanks in advance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In an earlier post I stated:

@57 wrote:

5. I mentioned to the CSR that I was not receiving any texts on my phone regarding any of these issues and regarding the Auto Top-up Bonus credit ending in October, etc. She stated that if I leave my phone off for more than 2-3 days, the texts will "disappear". Well that explains that... I rarely have my phone on and probably haven't seen a text in many months.

I used the "Share a Concern" link regarding "disappearing texts" and received a call from the office of the president this morning.  She understood the issue and will look at ways to provide account-related information besides "disappearing texts".  She stated that although e-mail would be one option, apparently many PAYGo customers do not provide an e-mail, or provide an incorrect one, so that's not necessarily reliable either.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

barndoor

@teresa1230 wrote:
Prepaid Plan (Monthly)

Hi,

I'm currently on the 1-year unlimited local evening and weekend local calling + unlimited texting plan.  It is set to expire this month.  Compared to last year at the rate of $120, this plan has now increased to $180.  I am looking at the options to change my plan to a pay as you go monthly plan.  However, I'm trying to figure out how this all works from a monthly payment perspective and hoping someone could help. 

Say I move forward with $25 Talk & Text plan per month.  Do I get invoiced every month or do I have to top up every month with a voucher?  What happens if I don't top up?  Do I loose any left over funds?

I see there is a $100 voucher available that expires after 1 year.  If I were to add the $100 voucher to my account, does this mean then that every month $25 would be deducted?

Thanks in advance.

I know you are not asking about this, but would the plan you are on now serve your needs best ?  If so  you might be able call in and  stay  on your current plan at $120.

With the plan you are proposing to go to you can either set up automatic credit card payments or go the voucher route and maintain a balance to cover your monthly fee. so a $100 voucher covers 4 months unless  you use more than the plan covers . I don't know if the 911 fee is included in the monthly fee or not.

Thanks for your message. The challenge I face is that with the yearly plan, the 50 local minutes for the entire year finish so quickly. I use the phone from time to time during the day. I keep on having to add $20 cards to be able to use the phone during the day.

If I were to stay on the yearly plan, the price now has increased to $180.

barndoor

@teresa1230 wrote:
Thanks for your message. The challenge I face is that with the yearly plan, the 50 local minutes for the entire year finish so quickly. I use the phone from time to time during the day. I keep on having to add $20 cards to be able to use the phone during the day.

If I were to stay on the yearly plan, the price now has increased to $180.

Have you called and asked.....  they seem willing to grandfather those plans . so you can keep the $120 plan.

Some have been on here asking questions about the $100 plans similar to yours but that came before the plan you have.

The difference between $120 and the  $300 a year that the  $25 /month plan will cost  will  buy a fair number of twenty dollar vouchers if you don't mind the headache of doing that. Or add a $100 card .

I tried, but no luck.  If I want the yearly plan, it's $180.

barndoor

@teresa1230 wrote:

I tried, but no luck.  If I want the yearly plan, it's $180.

Oh .... thanks for the feedback .  

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise ... that plan with the Canada wide minutes you are looking at in the other thread looks like it may be far better anyway.    Good luck , whichever plan you pick .   Smiley Happy

barndoor

@57 wrote:

1. I was not talking to you specifically,  I was speaking generally because several people brought it up.

2. I also wasn't talking about Rogers shooting you in the foot, I was talking about people who knowingly switch plans to ones that will be much more expensive.  Perhaps I should have used the phrase "cut off your nose to spite your face" (again not directed specifically at a single person).

3.  There is no magic number. It's a well published PAYGo number that hasn't changed in years.  People just need to be patient enough to listen to all the options, but if they come here, I try to list the options to save people time.  (4, 4, 1), as do others posting here.

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WRLS_PREPAID_LANDING

re 1&2 ...perhaps if that had been posted in the other thread where other people were talking  about  going to more expensive plans it would have made more sense to me ....  sorry for the confusion .

re3  ... the 4,4 ,1  is the magic number  . I haven't seen that published anywhere else other than here. 

Listen to the last  selection  of options ?  The option to select one  is at the very end and if you have an URGENT matter... is the average person with a query about a phone plan going to make that choice  unless they are getting a tad frustrated?

so just an update on my own issue.. since it got moved to a thread that is all over the place from a separate post......

called rogers, 1-800-575-9090, Option 4, Option 4, Option 1   (wait for menus to process as the IVR is slow)

confirmed i can do the $100 'from existing balance' to renew for another 365 days

confirmed that no one cares that the website quotes both 50cent and 45cent prices on my account...

got $50 credit for my trouble

also received a 6 month extension on my expire date for free and did not end up having to do the $100 of my balance renewal at this time due to this

overall a decent call - spoke with call center from Manila Phillipines.. just fyi

good luck everyone.. will hopefully run down my balance to zero over next couple years and feel more free to shop around and not feel like i'm losing out on money i've put up

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

barndoor wrote:

re3  ... the 4,4 ,1  is the magic number  . I haven't seen that published anywhere else other than here. 

Listen to the last  selection  of options ?  The option to select one  is at the very end and if you have an URGENT matter... is the average person with a query about a phone plan going to make that choice  unless they are getting a tad frustrated?

Yes, it's been quoted here many times. The number (1-800-575-9090) is also on the Rogers website, but I only found it using Google.

I originally found the number by being redirected using the general Rogers number, or maybe it was given to me by a Rogers store employee when I complained that I could not disable voicemail by going through the steps on the web.

Quite some time ago someone mentioned on this forum that there would be a charge of $2 for calling the number. buy I've never seen that or heard anything more about it.

barndoor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Quite some time ago someone mentioned on this forum that there would be a charge of $2 for calling the number. buy I've never seen that or heard anything more about it.

Yes ... we have been over this at least  twice before ... it says  here  https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_topup?asc_icid=prepaid_badge_topup   under "credit card registrations " close to the bottom     that  IF you call the number (1 800 575 9090) and go to the call center  (4,4, 1)   just for the purpose of adding a top up (that you easily could have added online,  using your phone or even using the automated system at the number (1 800 575 9090)  THEN there will be a $2 charge for the call. 

You can call and   pay your account with $100  out of your balance with out being dinged the $2  because that is not a case of simply adding a top up .  😉

barndoor

@57 wrote:

She stated that if I leave my phone off for more than 2-3 days, the texts will "disappear". Well that explains that... I rarely have my phone on and probably haven't seen a text in many months.

Just curious about the way the world works .... does this hold true for any text then  or just ones sent by  Rogers ?  

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@57 wrote:

She stated that if I leave my phone off for more than 2-3 days, the texts will "disappear". Well that explains that... I rarely have my phone on and probably haven't seen a text in many months.

Just curious about the way the world works .... does this hold true for any text then  or just ones sent by  Rogers ?  

I'd like to know too. I usually delete old texts, especially from Rogers, to avoid clutter.  But I see a service message from Rogers that's over a year old that I missed.

barndoor

@OLDYELLR ... if the message has made it to your phone  then I expect it will remain until you delete it .  I think the scenario that @57  is presenting is that Rogers has kind of a mailbox  to hold texts in before they are sent to your phone  .. and the suggestion would  seem to be that if your phone is off the texts are only held for three days and  then expire /disappear .  I just wonder if the expiry time period is the same for any text  or service provider , no matter who the sender or the type of text.

I have had messages appear on my phone sent by  someone associated with the phone manufacturer  .... and they seem to disappear when clicked on ....very annoying ....but   not to be confused with a proper text seems like it  should remain on your phone once it is there.   

Topic Stats