cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay As You Go plan changes

quickpick
I plan to stick around

I have 2 pay as you go phone. No too long ago, I updated one of my phone plan to 'By the minute - All day talk'.
Now, I want to switch the other one to this plan also. But I no longer seeing this plan.

Does rogers remove this plan?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pay As You Go plan changes

RogersMaude

Good afternoon @quickpick,

Thank you for your post!

The Talk Anytime plan is still available and allows you to make occasional and emergency calls or text.

Here is all the information you may need : 

Monthly Service Fee : None

Messaging

30¢/message for Canadian/U.S. text messages
35¢/message for international text messages
75¢/message for U.S./international picture and video messages

Talk:

45¢/minute for anytime local calls
50¢/minute for Canadian/U.S. long distance calls

Minimum Top Up : $10

You can find more details on it here - http://roge.rs/1pfhusr

Simply click on the "TALK PLANS" tab.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

86 REPLIES 86

RogersMaude

Good afternoon @quickpick,

Thank you for your post!

The Talk Anytime plan is still available and allows you to make occasional and emergency calls or text.

Here is all the information you may need : 

Monthly Service Fee : None

Messaging

30¢/message for Canadian/U.S. text messages
35¢/message for international text messages
75¢/message for U.S./international picture and video messages

Talk:

45¢/minute for anytime local calls
50¢/minute for Canadian/U.S. long distance calls

Minimum Top Up : $10

You can find more details on it here - http://roge.rs/1pfhusr

Simply click on the "TALK PLANS" tab.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

quickpick
I plan to stick around
But there is only one Talk Anytime by minutes plan now, rather than a few in the past, right?

Hello again @quickpick

Athough the rates may have been different in the past, we always only have one Talk Anytime plan available.

You can visit the web page, indicated in my last post, to access the details of the current monthly plans you can also choose from.

RogersMaude

quickpick
I plan to stick around

I only use by minutes in the past couple years. 
If I switch to monthly or yearly plan, I am confused how it works exactly.

Say I switch to $120 by year plan. It says, besides weekend/evening unlimited, I will have 50 free mins and any extra minutes costs 50 cents, there there is a  recurring $120 per year.

So, if I switch the plan and pay $120 into the account, would I get $120 in my account balance and use it for all the extra minutes? Or it will just zero balance and I will get blocked in the weekday if I use up all the 50 free minutes?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Hello @quickpick

When you get that $120/year plan, what you see is what you get. There is no balance left because the $120 goes for the plan. You have to determine yourself if what the plan is best and most economical for how you use your phone. There are also monthly talk, text, data plans.

Your other option is the plans that run off a balance, deducting from it call, text and data charges at the going rate. You get those either by purchasing a voucher or paying on line. They are all good for 1 month, except the $100 one, which is good for a year. They all carry forward any balance left so long as you renew before they expire. In fact, if you have, say a balance of over $25 remaining, you can call and renew for another month for $25, deducting from the balance.  I get the $100/year plan and after a few years I've had a balance of over $100 or $200 and I've use $100 of it to renew for another year. That's the most economical way if you use your phone infrequently.

Edited to add:

The balance plans are not easy to find on the Rogers site because the other plans are the bigger money makers. Here is the link:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/paygo_topup_vouchers

You can also get them in many stores, except maybe the $100 one.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

VW2014
I've been around

Hi everybody, I currently have the $100/year Unlimited Canadian Text messaging plan.
Shortly afterwards, Rogers had then released the $120/year annual plan that includes both unlimited texting and unlimited evenings and weekends call. Is it possible to switch to the new plan without paying the full $120? Thanks for your input.

Hello @VW2014,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

It would be my pleasure to help you shed some light on this situation.

It is possible for you to change your Prepaid plan before the whole year is over.

The way it works is that you would have to pay the prorated difference.

For example, let's say you renewed your yearly plan 2 months ago by adding a voucher worth $100, however you think that our actual plans are better for you.

You would get credited for the amount of time left to the year (for the $100/yr plan, the credit would be equivalent to approximately $83.33, if you renewed 2 months ago), and then you would be charged for the new plan for the amount of time left before it expires (it would be $100, for the $120 plan, for 10 months). You would therefore have to add enough money to be able to cover the prorated difference.

Simply get in touch with one of our representatives if you would like to take advantage of one of our new plans!

To get it touch with our Prepaid department, dial 1-800-575-9090. To reach an agent choose option 4 then option 4 again.  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agent (option 1).

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

michael9
I plan to stick around

your posts seem to be really outdated as there is not mention of the mentioned "talk anytime" on the rogers site as of today dec.21, 2017

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

yes .... the posts here are a year and a half  old so outdated  and yes,  it would certainly  seem that the talk anytime plan is no longer available .... Smiley Sad

mary13
I've been here awhile

Can you tell us--as of Dec 2017, soon to be 2018--is the "Talk Anytime" plan still available? If so, can you please provide a link with information on the plan and how we can subscribe or add it to our accounts.

michael9
I plan to stick around

As of today in regards to your question, the Talk Anytime plan is not offered to new customers as it has been discontinued. It has been replaced with the Talk & Text plans with the cheapest one starting at   $10. per month. I put $100. for 365 days which keeps your account/number active for 10 months as they deduct $10. per month from the original $100. Top Up. There is no rollover if you do not use your monthly minutes or text.

mary13
I've been here awhile

Thanks, . This is excellent. You have answered my question perfectly.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In light of these recent PAYGo discussions (here and in the other "Maximum" thread, etc), I went into MyRogers to check on my PAYGo account. My balance, which should have been roughly $150 was ZERO. I called the PAYGo number (1-800-575-9090, option 4, option 4, option 1) to discuss this issue and the CSR quickly fixed the problem, put the Auto-Pay back in place etc. She had no explanation as to why this glitch happened.  Very good service!

While I was talking to her, I asked about the other "rumours" that have been going around. Apparently, these new procedures are only a couple of days old and some people have received texts on these upcoming changes.

1. The maximum balance that you will be allowed at the end of 2018 will be $150. Anything above that will be "lost".  So, if you've got a large balance, you better start using your balance in any number of ways... (Check out the "maximum balance" thread here if you like for additional info.

2. You can still use $100 from your balance to pay for a year, as previously discussed in other threads, so do that to get your balance down if you have over $150, otherwise you'll lose anything over the $150, unless you were to move to a different plan (which gets your balance down) or to post-paid to which you could move your balance.

3. As intimated in a post above, if you don't call before March 2018, you will be automatically migrated to $10/mo Talk/Text.

4. I asked the CSR to keep me in the grandfathered plan that I'm currently in and she has put a note in my file to that effect. So, if you don't want to be switched to Talk/Text, you need to talk to the PAYGo CSRs to remain on the grandfathered plan.

5. I mentioned to the CSR that I was not receiving any texts on my phone regarding any of these issues and regarding the Auto Top-up Bonus credit ending in October, etc. She stated that if I leave my phone off for more than 2-3 days, the texts will "disappear". Well that explains that... I rarely have my phone on and probably haven't seen a text in many months.

barndoor

57 wrote:

3. As intimated in a post above, if you don't call before March 2018, you will be automatically migrated to $10/mo Talk/Text.

Thanks for checking that out  @57 .   If the above holds true  and they are going to automatically migrate  our account with no notice ... then I 'm going to automatically migrate to another company  just like I did with my other account when they started playing games with it .  Some of us can only take so much of this behaviour and the answer is simple  and  for some of us cheaper to boot .     Smiley Wink

barndoor

@57 wrote:

4. I asked the CSR to keep me in the grandfathered plan that I'm currently in and she has put a note in my file to that effect. So, if you don't want to be switched to Talk/Text, you need to talk to the PAYGo CSRs to remain on the grandfathered plan.

There are people who have been  paying the bill for eight years plus to use the talk anytime  type plan  and the  default Rogers is  going to use is to switch people away from it   unless they call in  ....  that just seems so ...so  ... not customer oriented . Smiley Sad

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sounds Familiar? Not sure if you remember the whole Rogers Cable "Negative Billing" Fiasco from years ago where Rogers purposely put people on HIGHER TIER  cable packages, unless they called in and asked to be switched back.  This was around the time when John Tory was the president of Rogers Cable.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@57 wrote:

There are people who have been  paying the bill for eight years plus to use the talk anytime  type plan  and the  default Rogers is  going to use is to switch people away from it   unless they call in  ....  that just seems so ...so  ... not customer oriented . Smiley Sad

I just called Rogers PayGo and inquired about the rumour of original PayGo customers getting automatically switched to the newer $10/month plan in March. The agent confirmed that and asked whether I wished to be grandfathered with my old plan, which I did.  He put that in my file so I don't get migrated.  He agreed with me that my old plan was a great deal and worth keeping.  He also informed me of the $150 cap on balances at the end of 2018,  which I already knew.

I strongly urge all PayGo customers on the original Anytime Minutes, or whatever it is, plan to call PayGo to avoid getting migrated.

I

barndoor

OLDYELLR wrote: 
I strongly urge all PayGo customers on the original Anytime Minutes, or whatever it is, plan to call PayGo to avoid getting migrated.

Just want to get this straight ...are we as customers going to get formal notice of this change  or is this only for participants here ?  If I don't get notice through our  account  of what is coming  and we get automatically migrated to another plan ,I'll be leaving.  Its as simple as that. 

To not inform customers on that plan  of that upcoming change with reasonable time to make the call, is  just .... well ... I don't want to do business with a company that feels that that is appropriate customer service. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

barndoor wrote: Just want to get this straight ...are we as customers going to get formal notice of this change

You should get a text on this soon, however, as I mentioned in my previous post, if you leave your phone turned off for several days, texts "disappear".  I have sent a "Share a Concern" regarding this loss of important texts. They have been very good at getting back to me regarding my "concerns".  I mentioned that they should use another method in addition to (disappearing) texts for any "account changes" (e-mail, on MyRogers, etc).

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor I received no notification from Rogers that my plan would be migrated in March, just read about it here, so called and asked about the rumour. But I did get a text about the $150 cap at the end of the year. Now which would be more urgent? Go figure.  I wouldn't wait until the last minute. Call and get grandfathered.

Topic Stats