cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay As You Go data charge reporting cuts off at 21474 KB [BUG REPORT]

Jim_H
I'm here a lot

There appears to be a bug in the call/transaction history page for pay-as-you-go that causes it to incorrectly report the amount of data used in a session.  There have been times where it shows as 21474 KB when I clearly have used more than that. Also, while I have seen that number in more than one entry, I have never seen it report more than 21474 KB.  There is one instance where it reported 21474 KB but charged me $10.20 which, at $0.15/Mb would be the correct charge for about 69000 KB. Either I was overcharged or the amount was underreported. Of course I'd like to get the $10.20 back but given that the website seems to be incapable of reporting more than 21474 KB, I assume it was the data that was reported incorrectly. 

Also, there does not seem to be anywhere else I can report this problem. Am I missing something?

****Edit Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pay As You Go data charge reporting cuts off at 21474 KB [BUG REPORT]

@sk1234567

You can reach them at 1-800-575-9090

To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers).  At the end of the information on how to contact us, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jim_H

I can understand the importance of keeping track of your usage and the amount on your Pay As You Go account. 

I would like to provide you the contact number for our Rogers Paygo line, 1-800-575-9090. They would be able to help you more out with your answer.

Thanks

RogersAliciaG

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Jim_H, I don't see that. But I have a plain vanilla $100/year PayGo account and keep data turned off. The only time I've turned data on is when someone sends me a text with a picture that I can't see. I then turn data on to view/save the picture, then turn it off again. I've never seen a data charge on my transaction history. If I did, I'd be quite upset, because when someone sent my a picture on my old Nokia phone, there was a URL for the picture and I could get it with my computer, not by using data.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

I use only data (no cell, no SMS). I do all my calling and texting with an app and do very little of either and normally manage to avoid going over the 100 mb I get for my $10 add on. 

The Paygo line is self-help only. There is no "they" that would be able to help out.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I can't remember exactly, but I think pressing "4" is supposed to get you a human. All I've ever done is just press "0" repeatedly until I get a Rogers operator to transfer my call.

@sk1234567

You can reach them at 1-800-575-9090

To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers).  At the end of the information on how to contact us, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

RogersAsif

hhu66
I've been here awhile

Hi, 

21474 KB is also my problem!!  For the past 6 months, this exact amount of data would mysteriously appear in my data usage multiple times, which caused me to go over my 100 mb/mo limit, which results in a charge.  Rogers PAYGO does not believe it's their problem, despite me explaining many times that I don't have any app running. Now there is evidence that I'm NOT the only person who's phone is using 21474 KB for no apparent reason....  I believe ROGERS network is consuming 21474 KB somewhere and somehow.  This is very frustrating and is a form of fraud on the part of the network, not my phone.

Good morning @hhu66,

Welcome to our Community Forums!

This is definitely a very strange bug. I've done some digging but I can't find any indication that this is a known issue and as far as I can tell, this thread is the only place on the Internet where this particular issue is being discussed.

I would highly recommend that you call in and speak with our Pay As You Go support department. They will be able to look into this issue at length and figure out what's going on.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Jim_H
I'm here a lot

In my case, I know that I used a lot of data on that day and I am pointing out that, although I am certain I consumed more than 21474, 21474 is all that is reported. I expect that whatever is happening with you, it involves more than 21474 but due to the bug, only 21474 is reported. I have no reason to doubt my high consumption on that day.

hhu66
I've been here awhile

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your reply above.  I've been puzzled by this problem for a while now.  For your information, I also discovered another clue.  I have two Paygo phones, both under my account name.  One is android the other is iphone.  They both consumed 21474 KB at one point in time when no apps were running in the background!  Isn't that just strange?  

I did phone the customer services on several occassions when 21474 kb appeared on my data usage log.  However, I've been advised by the Tech support that they "don't" see my data usage transactions therefore they couldn't help me.  *That was the first time I heard of the tech department sees less client information than the client himself?  No wonder they have not been able investigate.  

Last week when I spoke to the representative, I had no choice but to upgrade my data package to the higher level.  

Hi @hhu66,

You can dispute the usage and request that they escalate a case to investigate the data usage to ensure that there isn't an issue on our end. This something that tech support can do.

Regards,

RogersCorey

kevinvt
I've been here awhile

I have several charges at exactly this amount. I don't know what it is, but exactly 21474 KB. We have two lines on iphones and both get this charge, which eventually uses up all the funds in the account.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kevinvt : Based on earlier posts in this thread, you will need to call PAYGo to get this looked into. See the following link for instructions:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

hhu66
I've been here awhile

The reason I ended up coming here look for support was because the Customer Service was not able to provide a clear answer. The burden becomes the customer's who has to further investigate and look for explanations.. I am hoping more people will notice this glitch/bug/billing error/ or whatever, and report it here. Only then will Rogers pick up the slack and do its job. All the system access and database is on Roger's end, but customers are being asked to LOOK into it? 

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have always had great service when calling the PayGo help line at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent.

Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 am to 9 pm EST

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@hhu66 wrote:

The reason I ended up coming here look for support was because the Customer Service was not able to provide a clear answer. The burden becomes the customer's who has to further investigate and look for explanations.. I am hoping more people will notice this glitch/bug/billing error/ or whatever, and report it here. Only then will Rogers pick up the slack and do its job. All the system access and database is on Roger's end, but customers are being asked to LOOK into it? 

Just the way Rogers works sometimes .... I had basically the same reaction from them  when I had a long distance issue with my phone and calling area boundaries . At least you stayed with them to try again  ... Smiley Wink

You posted above that you upgraded to the next level to get away from this "glitch" .... did that work or do you still get that charge sometimes ? 

kevinvt
I've been here awhile

I have a different issue with the 21474 K, since it is charged almost every month at some random time and runs out my data quota. I am NOT using data when it happens - sometimes it's in the middle of the night when I am not on the phone. I do take the SIM in and out. It's roughly once a month, must be sending some kind of reset data? But it uses up the data covered by the $10 and then starts charging. My husband also has the same problem on his account.

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 in conversation